Potential RP ideas

69 replies to this topic

#61 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostRogueSpear, on 17 August 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

Vulcan aerospace fighters should be available for Taurian units, the Taurian Concordat is explicitly mentioned to have been given/purchased them. I'd suggest any Pintos probably came with a squadron (6 fighters) of Vulcans - saves on transportation costs, if nothing else.
EDIT: http://www.sarna.net...oSpace_Fighter)
Only the -3N is available in the current time, I thought the Amaris Coup and Reunification Wars were much closer together! So it's entirely possible the Taurian Concordat have never received any, despite it having been extant for 56 years. I shall let Nomad decide :lol:

Wow nice catch.. I dropped the ball and missed that one, would give the Concordat another REALLY good heavy fighter choice.
But then again if Nomad is going to do each particular group separate aka The Rim Worlds Alliance Fleets it might stay mostly with them.
We shall just have to wait and see what the Boss-man has planned :P

#62 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

I wouldn't say *really* good - at this stage it's the 3N, using primitive armour, engine and cockpit. It still sports 2 AC10s, a nose mounted SRM-6 and MLas, with another MLas to the rear.
The 5N upgrades all primitive parts to modern and adds a large laser to the nose array - not sure if it adds anything else, but it doesn't come out until 2650. During the Amaris Coup, the -6N came into being, stripping the ACs and 8 heat sinks for 2 Gauss Rifles and 4 tonnes of ammo.
So essentially, the really good versions aren't around yet xD

#63 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

2 Ac/10s and a rear arc medium sounds pretty good to me. Kinda like a WWII SBD-3 Dauntless meets the P38 Lightning and has a baby :lol:

Edited by Oni Storm, 17 August 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#64 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

I think I'd be wanting to play either
SLDF: Bridge crew of a Vincent-class corvette and the flight leader of her squadron of Stuka ASFs
Or
TDF: Bridge crew of a Pinto-class corvette and the flight leader of her squadron of Vulcan ASFs.

Edited by Grafvitnir, 17 August 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#65 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Oh sounds pretty solid to me too (The -5N to my mind is a beauty) but while it's still using primitive components, it can't quite qualify for the 'Really' part of the 'Really good' description ;)

#66 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostRogueSpear, on 18 August 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

Oh sounds pretty solid to me too (The -5N to my mind is a beauty) but while it's still using primitive components, it can't quite qualify for the 'Really' part of the 'Really good' description ;)

Hey it's really good for the time frame it's involved in, course if you ask me I have always like the AC10 over the 20 for range

#67 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Absolutely - I actually did a spittake the other day when I realized I still haven't used one in MWO. Of course, I haven't played it much - my computer and connection just can't quite handle it yet :'(
But seriously, the AC10 is my very favourite gun. Nearly every mech I use in MW4 has one - my favourite at the moment is a Behemoth mounting 11 heat sinks, LAMs, 56kph engine, nearly maxed armour (I think I had to scrape a few points off for the engine), 2 AC10s, 2 Large Lasers, a Medium and 2 Small lasers. Doesn't sound that heavy hitting for an assault mech, but against anything other than a gauss or PPC boat, I can generally down any opponent 1-1.

*Coughs*
On topic, I'm really looking forward to this stuff. Just waiting to hear from Nomad which side he wants me playing ;)

#68 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

So, this died out or what ? :)

#69 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

I do believe listless is going to be starting the thread soonish.

#70 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hopefully :3

I´m eager to play :)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users