LOSE THE FISTS!!!

202 replies to this topic

#21 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Ok can we plz drop the stupid boohoo mechs have hands and whaaa I don't want to see anime looking mechs. Get over it if you dont want them than dont play. or make them your first mechs you kill to show how much you hate them than continue to fire on them when they are long dead. I think its time for the DEVS to delete any new I don't what hands on mech or I don't want mechs to look like anime topics. so what if they dont have any game funtion. The atlas would look like crap if the hands were removed and turnd in to gun berrels "IMOP". and its ONLY a game. So get over it.

#22 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

I am all for updating mechs to make them look cooler and more militaristic. But demanding something be removed should be removed because you dont like it for no reason. And OP by all points you were mistaken about the hunchback but that have been others who have done the same though they do it knowing that hands are tro and many mechs come with hands but they wanted to further separate themselves from 'anime mecha' which makes no sens. There are lots of anime mecha with no hands, so why target those specifically?

Paul, I take my mean comments about you back for that. All accept for anything that is already documented on the forums. You are a hero up untill the next time you troll then you are pub enemy #1 again XD

Edited by Omigir, 31 January 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#23 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 31 January 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

"LOSE THE FISTS!!!"

No... and in fact.. just for that...

Spoiler

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

"LOSE THE FISTS!!!"

Spoiler

YES DO IT DO IT NOW I WANT LASER SWORDS AND CAPES

#25 Kommunist Kodiak

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAround Sol III

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

I'm talking about mechs that have hands for no reason. ATLAS is an exception. it looks EPIC with hands

#26 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

All mechs with hands (accept for the fire moth) have hands for a reason, that is why they have them!

#27 flyingdebris

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

i can get rid of alllllll the fists, but if i do, there is no telling what might replace them

Posted Image

#28 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

"LOSE THE FISTS!!!"

Spoiler

Okay, who let the troll out from under the bridge? That being said, while I typically can't stand trolls, Paul has elevated it to such an art form I find myself waiting to see what he's going to throw at us next.

Back on topic, if they removed the hands completely..what would you put there instead? As has been stated, hands were intended to be functional, and treated as such. This has not been replicated in the MechWarrior series to date, but that could always change. I don't necessarily need close combat, but missions other than "go here and destroy that" would be awesome, such as convoy raids where the objective is to return as much material as possible to your drop zone, or the ability to raid production facilities or warehouses on worlds you can't actually take over in order to add temporary bonuses to your faction. Without hands, how are you going to grab those crates and get out of there?

#29 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

So are we talking functionality or aesthetics? Cause your argument is flawed here. Many novels depict battlemechs utilizing their hands for various things.

#30 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

View Postflyingdebris, on 31 January 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

i can get rid of alllllll the fists, but if i do, there is no telling what might replace them

Posted Image

Epic windmill is Epic. +9000

#31 Kommunist Kodiak

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAround Sol III

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

Ok More Gun would replace hands that make mechs look sorta dumb

#32 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

Mechs are all about balance, so if you take something off to make them look cooler, you have to add something to make them look dumber again. Bellanca.. Windmills.. balanced and perfectly spinning in the wind~

#33 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Posted Image

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! :P

#34 The Paleo King

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWherever the C-bills flow

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

Imagine an Atlas without fists or hands.... on the bright side it would free up a lot of room for arm weapons.

#35 Zaius Ex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

View PostThe Paleo King, on 31 January 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Imagine an Atlas without fists or hands.... on the bright side it would free up a lot of room for arm weapons.

Wouldn't free up the tonnage though~

#36 Canned_Dman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

View Post=Outlaw=, on 31 January 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

fisting is part of the game

I played alot of Battletech and mechwarrior in my time but not once was there any fisting going on!
I'll admit I've seen it in videos though...

#37 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

Posted Image

You were NOT supposed to leak an imagine of the Dutch Death Dealer, also known as the D3, from 3049!!!

View PostSean Lang, on 31 January 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

So are we talking functionality or aesthetics? Cause your argument is flawed here. Many novels depict battlemechs utilizing their hands for various things.

Agree. There are instances of mechs capturing humans either via ripping the cockpit out of another mech or by placing the hands over a person and "caging" them. Hands belong.

Edited by Mason Grimm, 31 January 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#38 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

If you dont want hands on most mechs you will have to not play for a year longer and wait for the clans to show up. If i remember correctly a high percentage of their mechs are handless.

#39 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 31 January 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

After all the "do away with the necks/heads" cries, I suppose it was only a matter of time until someone would start campaigning against fists and arms. B)

Next thing we know somebody requests all legs to be replaced by wheels, "for military realism", lol

I'm pleasantly surprised that it's the Transformers that are catching the hate this time, though. Usually it's "anime", never mind that this isn't even a distinctive mecha style to begin with.

Agreed on all points.

----------

Also: to those who think that removing fists, necks, and legs would make mechs "less anime/Gundam-esque/Japanese"...

Posted Image
RX-75-4 Prototype Guntank (Mobile Suit Gundam, 1979)

Posted Image
RX-75 Mass-Production Guntank (Mobile Suit Gundam: the 08th MS Team, 1996)

The Guntank might like to have a word with you... :P

----------

"LOSE THE FISTS!!!"

Spoiler

Actually, I would imagine that the former of the two additions might work well in conjunction with parade colors on extremely special occasion (coronations, state funerals, the rebirth of the Star League, and such)... :P

#40 Outlaw2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationIn a van...

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

Posted Image

I'm not a "big fan" of the windmill redesign. May I suggest to change it so it looks more like the original windmill design.

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users