House/Faction Benefits?

2 replies to this topic

#1 James Kabbaro

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Does joining a house/faction give you any kind of benefits? My friends and I are thinking about joining the Merc Corps because we want the extra $, but we are not sure if doing that will give us a disadvantage from other players that are in a faction. For example, will faction players have access to better weapons and armor? Why would I want to join a house/faction when i can possibly make more $ and still have access to all the armor and weapons in the Merc Corps than other players in a faction?

I am not trying to discourage any who are in a house already I am just trying to figure out what i want to do.

Please comment.

Edited by James Kabbaro, 15 August 2012 - 04:28 PM.

#2 Strikhedonia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 257 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

The developers have not released any detailed information regarding perks/benefits between factions.

#3 Popgun

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...mmunity-warfare

Faction Worlds – Are fought over by Faction players. These planets buffer core and border worlds, and do not play a significant role in major historical events. Rewards for controlling these planets are directly linked to global bonuses and abilities associated with a player’s Faction.[/color]

Loyalty Points and Ranks

Loyalty Points are used to determine how devoted you have been to a particular faction. The more loyal you are, the greater the reward. LPs are earned by engaging in activities that further the goals of a particular faction.
For Example: Killing an enemy faction player would earn 1 LP.

Loyalty Points decay over time if a player is not active. Participating in negative actions can also decrease LPs.

Faction Players

As a Faction Player, loyalty points are earned by playing and winning matches. As the player accumulates loyalty points, they will gain a military faction rank at pre-determined loyalty point totals. If a player loses LPs by decay or negative actions, they will be demoted.

Gaining ranks earns special privileges and items, including membership to special units, unit skins, and bonuses to C-Bills and XP. These are all non-permanent and subject to the player maintaining a certain rank level. At the highest possible levels, players can begin to influence their faction by controlling which planets are targeted in territory conquest.

Edited by Popgun, 15 August 2012 - 06:02 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users