How long do you think it'll take for the Clan Invasion to be introduced?

46 replies to this topic

#1 Faeron Wolf

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

I for one am a huge fan of the Clans, and I understand that upon launch this game will be just before the Clan Invasion. While I understand nothing further has been released.

What do you think?

#2 Dalemart

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Currently the game is set in the year 3049 and each day in the game counts as a day in real life.With that in mind, if PGI does follow the established canon timeline, the invasion of the clans should start in March of next year, or 3050 in game time.

Also, from what is established in the canon timeline, the clans are already here and have invaded the Periphery.

#3 zorgoth

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

clans? now let me help set one thing straight for ya, the clans are a fantasy. a boogeyman manufactured by the successor states to scare us into mindless obedience, tightening the leash on us all. and ''zellbrigen''? just jibberish for ''leg me more, melee me more, give my ejection pod a slug or two.''

if i had to guess though, it'll either be when some of the first major battles go on, or maybe during or after that infamous cartoon spawning scouting mission by adam steiner. i'd suggest settling down and enjoying inner sphere on inner sphere action. no imbalance, no crazy trashborns shouting about honor as you blow their leg off, team up on 'em, or generally do anything thats normal in a fight.

#4 Raalic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 483 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

In the grand scheme of things, this game will live out the vast majority of its duration with clan 'mechs in the lineup. PGI (probably) understands the appeal ($$) of clan tech.

#5 Rofleupagus

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 67 posts
  • LocationClimbin' in yo' window

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Games in closed beta and people wont stop asking for the expansion. :)

#6 Maurice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEasthampton Ma.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

When thay get hear i call dibs on the vfirst mad cat, but we have a year or so till then so lets have at it with what we got now

#7 FERAL TIGER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 129 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

I think it will be over a year, first expansion may bring the beginnings of the invasions and such, with subsequent ones being full out clan invasion

#8 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

did they say that it would be a year before the clans arrive, technically it as supposed to be march or something but im thinking these guys are actually gonna make it about july- august.

#9 Tsunamisan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

everyone is quoting Canon timeline nobodu knows IF or WHEN PGI will add the clans. The consensus is however they have too sometime so why not on the canon timeline as most are hoping they do.

#10 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

as to when they will be playable? I would think maybe as soon as mid april, but, for a fact, we will KNOW of them, March 20, 2013/3050, as that is the day when they make themselves known in the open.
Tsunamisan, as they stated time in MWO is 1:1 with real world and canon, we KNOW for a bloody fact when to expect to see them. Hell, Phelan Kell is now a bondsman of Clan Wolf, and has been for a few days now, and we KNOW for a FACT the invasion begins March 20th 2013/3050. No speculation, no guessing, THIS is all fact. What we speculate, is when we can play as them.

Actually Tsunamisan, we KNOW they are adding them, Russ Bullock GUARANTEED it

Posted ImageRuss Bullock, on 30 July 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

I think we would need to be brain dead to not want to sell Mad Cats to players. We have design and balance issues to figure out but we will get it sorted so players can play as the clans

This is taken directly from a post he made on the subject. But, this is indisputable proof they are coming.

Edited by Rejarial Galatan, 15 August 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#11 Tsunamisan

• 1,568 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Your assuming the time isnt wiped of the calender when the game goes into final production phase. If they dont that would be correct

#12 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

if they were going to do that, then, why would they, you know, have all these 'news flashes' from ISN? Also, I want you to consider something Tsunamisan, it has been, about 18 YEARS since the last version of this game, to see computers that had more than just clan mechs in it, that had a real, effort to properly include the Clans, and let players play as them. Just how badly do you think they would anger those of us who want to play as the Clans, for what ever reason that reason may be, who have already waited this long, to be told: sorry you are waiting longer? Face it, if a child was born the day Mechwarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy came out, they have just graduated highschool and are now COLLEGE FRESHMEN. that is right, 18 YEARS and counting. no, as Russ put it, they would have to be brain dead to not include the Clans and do so, relatively shortly.

#13 Tsunamisan

• 1,568 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

are you done ranting LOL. Probably been playing the game just as long as everyone else is and waiting just as long for a sequel. Those ISN feeds serve no real purpose and can be used even if there were a wipe an reset on launch date. When those timeline events come around you would just see them again. if you were a beta user. for those that were not it would be a first time.

#14 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Think what you want Tsunamisan, think what you want. I do not like the Innersphere, never have, never will. Russ Bullock already put it in black and white, we WILL be able to play as the Clans, they also stated, that the time line is following a 1:1 rate, and they never once stated they will reset the time line clock. You can find a post from PGI stating, in black and white, that they will reset the time clock, then, you have ground to stand on, till then, I expect full reveal of the Clans to come March 20th with potential to align with Clan Wolf by maybe a month later. Find something to prove me wrong, black and white, FROM PGI, other wise, I will see you on the field from my Timber Wolf.

In less than 8 months or so. Till then, My AS7-D is painted, armed and ready to roll.

#15 light487

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Next year.. spring, next year.

You could have answered your own question had you read the FAQs.

#16 Deceptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationTrading my subscription for 40$ worth of overclocking accessories to meet minimum requirements (double heat sinks).

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

NOW DAMMIT! :lol:

#17 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

The Clan Invasion has already started, actually. It started in summer 3049.(August too I believe) But it started on border worlds and didn't really get much Inner Sphere attention until many months later; which started in spring 3050. Following canon; we likely won't fight Clans until then. Before then only very small parts of the Inner Sphere fought Clans.(And they mostly died doing so)

#18 Goldfinger

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBlue Tanuki Sake House, Luthien City

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

Umm.. how about we wait for the game to go live, and the inevitable kinks get worked out, before we start fretting about the clans? Besides we're all supposed to be good Inner Sphere/Successor House citizens, how would we even know anything about an invasion that hasn't happened yet?

Live in the now, Grasshopper. :)

#19 Fl3tcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

The Fist sighting of the clans was an attack in the Periphery at "The Rock" on August 12th 3049 by Clan Wolf.

Technically, if the MW:O timeline is following canon, this happened 4 days ago. . of course, you have to remember that given the distances involved, and the possible interdiction of jumpships, news is slow to travel out of invaded systems.

They could be out there :)

#20 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

We are already here....

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users