71 replies to this topic

#21 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

what i need to know the most is some comparision. why would i take a light when i can take a med. and why take a med when i can fill the role with a heavy?

-clarification and example on differences between a light scout and a med scout.

-clarificiation and example of differences between a med defender and a heavy defender.

-couple examples of the support a commander can summon

-who determines leader when its not a merc unit all going together?

-how are the defender perks gonna work? extra armor? relective?

#22 WerewolfX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 501 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

Will we be able to transfer Mech XP either by C-bills or Premium to another mech at a reduced XP amount.
(Example I have 700 XP in my catapult, but I transfer to an Atlas and pay to get 350 XP with X amount of currency.)
Also with commanders, Will they be able to direct LRM equipped mechs to target a certain point on the battlefield for Indirect fire (Saturation bombing and area denial if LRM-delivered Thunder mines are a specialty munition.)

#23 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Suggested Modules: (Defense) Assistance and Detection enhancements, (Assault) Assistance and Targeting enhancements Suggested Pilot Skills: (Defense) Assistance of friendly units and Detection/Protection skills, (Assault) Enhanced Targeting and Assistance of friendly units

I think this has been overlooked so far, a clearer explanation of what Assistance of friendly units modules are is required, What "Assistance" are we talking about here.

#24 PelinalWhitestrake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

Any plans to make Assault mechs more "Flexible" in some missions

like turning them into fast scouting units?

#25 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Perhaps I need to have this better explained to me; do we choose our desired Role when our Avatar first goes live, or will everyone start at zero (0) and actual work their way, spending their points, in the desired Role? I ask because I was under the impression we would choose a role at the very beginning, and am simply seeking clarification, here.

#26 Azmodan

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

The mechwarrior skill tree will be used with all the mechs u play? or just a part of it?

When entering a battle, u need to choose a role based on what u have in the personal tree and in the mech tree of the mech u selected? or will the role be assigned to you by the game? or, if there is no clearly defined role to be selected, just "what u have", will all the 4 bracjhes in the personal tree be active all the time no matter what mech u play?

can u fill up the whole personal tree in all 4 roles?

#27 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

If an Urbanmech falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?

#28 Star Captain Obvious Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 500 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

Is the Pilot XP required to unlock portions of the tech tree linear or exponential?

Example: I spend 3 months playing a Scout exclusively, and decide I am bored with it. I want to switch to being an Assault. Is the first unlock in the "Assault" portion of the pilot skill tree going to take longer than a new pilot because my pilot already has 3 months XP under his belt? Does the same thing happen for mech chassis?

Are players going to be forced to abandon their hard-worn chassis XP if they want to try a new ride?
Example: I unlock the entire "Assault" branch with the "Atlas" tech tree. Then MWOnline releases the "Mauler". I want to try the Assault role "Mauler" out, but I don't want to start out at 0 XP on that chassis, After all, I have a huge investment in the Atlas. Does the per-chassis tech tree create a dis-incentive to try out a new chassis?

Edited by eldragon, 01 February 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#29 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

I'm curious about the balancing of a player's avatar earning Pilot Points along each mech's Tech Tree. If a player can earn 2 PP in one mech with a known value of XP, is that comparable to the XP required to earn 1 PP each in 2 mechs? What about 4 PP or 8 PP? Is there a point of diminishing returns that pushes a player into multiple mechs in order to earn the most amount of PP with the fewest amount of XP?

Edited by GargoyleKDR, 01 February 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#30 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Will jump jet become a part of role warefare with types of jumpjet and equipement specialization for specialized roles for jump capable mechs?

Also will different tech trees exist with mechs with hands as opposed to those without?

IS Mech Xp assigned per mech or assigned per weight class of mech? If I gained xp in a light scout mechs, will that show up in another scout mech type or will I have to remaster it?

Edited by ManDaisy, 01 February 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#31 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostDeathscream, on 01 February 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

Any plans to make Assault mechs more "Flexible" in some missions

like turning them into fast scouting units?

Only if you choose to pilot a Charger. :P

#32 Dakkonn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Defiantly want to know how swapping roles is handled. (I E say I want to try out scouting vs commander)

My question is... There is a defined range on information shared between the commander and his lance/company, but is there a range between commanders? By that I mean lets say Lance Commander A does a Radar scan does everyone see this information or just people within range of the commander that scanned? Reason I ask is lets say you have a scout lance that is tagging NARC on targets for your LRM team. If the radar range is limited? how limited are we talking? Do they have to close well within the max 1200 range of the LRMs to see the targets on your radar or can you stay back beyond the range of lets say PPC's and continue to bomb their targets?

Also information range may be limited from mech to mech but could you daisy chain it between lances? Lets say Lance A is to far from Lance B to relay radar information but Lance C is between them and can receive radar info from both could Lance C act as a relay and allow radar info to be displayed and passed to/from A to B?

#33 DarkTreader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

1) Within the Pilot tree, will there be options for skills/etc... that have an effect on things outside of a match? For example, an increased Negotiation skill which allows a possibility for higher payouts from contracts, better claim on salvage, etc...?

2) In that same vein, will there be any kind of skill tree established for Houses/Merc Units/eventual Clans which allows members to advance within the ranks and unlock additional perks for their lances if they are in combat (i.e. a General leading from the front, rather than being a REMF)

3) Within the Command section, it was stated that the Company Commander would not be able to camp the spawn and stay safe, they'd have to move to keep people within commo range. Will there be modules/skills/etc... that will allow a Commander to piggyback a signal to another Mech further down the chain? ForEx: Lance 1 is on the extreme left of the map. Lance 2 is centralized. Lance 3 is on the extreme right. The CC is on one of the flank lances, and has the central lance barely within range - with the appropriate modules, could they send information or commands to the lance on the far side, even though they are technically outside of the commo distance? Or would that fall to the LC of the central lance?

All I have for the moment. This stuff is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

#34 Treffies

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Will a lance be forced to be composed of the four roles, or is it possible to mix and match?

#35 Tatsugen

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

Since there is an experience level on battlemech and pilots, will there be level (or xp) maximum's on the contracts you do? The more xp you get, the overall better you will be, so, if you get into a match that are all new people, and you are fairly up there on the chain, I don't think it would be too hard to come out on top.

(It would be a lot like playing an FPS and you are in the top 20% in the ranks and you join a "noobs only" server and come out on top because the rest of the people haven't grasped the game yet or don't have the unlocks you do.)

On the other hand, if higher can join, will they only fill specific rolls and will they have the same amount on both sides? i.e. the VIP or commander of a large force etc.

#36 Semyon Drakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

My first question relates to commanding at the company level. Obviously most IS companies consist of three lances, normally a scout/striker lance, a heavy/assault lance and the company command lance. Will the company commander be juggling lance command of the company command lance and the company and will there be modules and skills available to enhance his ability to do so while getting shot at?

My second question relates to multi skilling. As a commander I intend to pilot a heavy mech so as to get the combination of speed and firepower i need to contribute and stay alive while doing my job. can I combine tech and skill trees to enhance both my ability as a mech pilot AND my command abilities? It would make sense canonically for a company commander to also be a very good pilot and would make the part of the company command lance easier if they could all smile knowingly when some rude enemy interupted the boss only to get carved into sushi by said irate Captain.

Thirdly and sorry for throwing so many questions. Modules in mechs. Are they intended to follow the avatar around? Does he climb into the mech and fit in a series of cassettes or circuit boards to the ejection seat? So that if you need to punch out of your doomed ride your expensive and useful modules go with you?

Cheers

Semyon

#37 vampire seraphin

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNowhere, the middle.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

How many ticks is each skill tree initially going to be composed of? Will they be expanded later?

Will all mechs be available to choose when you start a fresh pilot and intend to explore a new role? Or will they need to be unlocked?

#38 Felix Dante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 400 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

My question about Role Warfare is about how it will be used with the inclusion of the Clans.

If the main thrust of this incarnation of Mechwarrior is the Role Warfare, will the Clans (once they arrive) have a similar concept and fight as cohesive units? Or will they fight in the clan style of "Pick a target and Kill-It?"

Basically the clans will have superior units and pilots, and therefore one of the MAIN advantages the Inner Sphere pilots (Us) might have will be how well the units can work together to defeat such a powerful enemy. Is this esentially correct? Or will the Clanners have the same advantages?

O

#39 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Can you give us an example of Mech Efficiencies? Pilot Efficiencies?

How much of an advantage should we expect a player with full mech/pilot efficienies to have over a player with none at all in their given roles?

Will there be a system in place for "re-speccing" our characters, or are we locked into the effinciencies that we choose for our mechs and ourselves?

Will the efficiencies we choose for our mechs travel accross mechs of the same chassis? Meaning, if I pick an efficiency for my Centurion Prime, but then switch to my CN9-D, will the efficiency transfer over, or is it mech specific?

Edited by Orzorn, 01 February 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#40 Breeze

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

First question:

Quoting from the blog post:

Bonus XP can be gained from the meta-game which can give XP based on faction/allegiance to a House

To reflect the constantly shifting loyalties within the Inner Sphere, will there be any occasion where bonus XP is awarded for turning on established allegiances? For example, could there be a Kurita contract that gives extra XP to merc groups who had previously shown loyalty to the Steiners to fight for them instead?

Second question:

Adding on to the wealth of questions about the commander role (particularly to the point about pre-determining specific players as commanders), how would this work in relation to player established clans/merc groups? Can a clan of 12 players (for example) who want to enter a match pre-select their choice of commanders? Or if that clan didn't have a full complement of 12 players for a particular match (and thus would include randoms or lone wolves), how would the commander roles be balanced then?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users