#141 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

It would be interesting if a player could add/earn support personnel to his customized online experience. Depending on what resources are in the game to earn, these personnel could be sent on their own missions which complete over time and have their own little subset of skills when increased improve what they gain for the player.

Perhaps even using these personnel as an action skill. ie. Use your Battlefield Instructor to gain increased XP on the battlefield over a 2H time frame with a 24H cooldown. The more you use him the more his apptitude increases and after a while its 3H,4H,5H ma of 6H + to your XP during matches.

Just an idea.

#142 Rayne Usho Luzon

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

I never thought i'd want to pilot a panther so much as i wanted after reading this. Looks like the scout mech will truly be used the way they are mentioned in the novels. Great stuff..

I never really liked the electronic suites. i guess i will have to take a nice, long look at them for this game.

#143 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

will we be able to change contracts or are they a one time thing, like say i wanted to try assult class but did not like it so i wanted to try scout? then what?

#144 farrel wolf

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationfloating somewhere in space

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

sounds great i can't wait for release

#145 JoeBob2576

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

This game is going to be one awesome MechWarrior experience!

#146 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

Sounds like something I have waited years for. A game that demands a player not only to give allegience but to have a role that has real purpose on the battlefield among their allies.

#147 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostMelcyna, on 11 March 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

So just to confirm if i get the idea right:

With this mechanism they have in place... i can:

A. use a scout mech to gain scout XP per say, doing .... uhhh scouty job. (that word so doesn't exist)
B. use the point i gained from that scout XP to unlock an image zoom magnifier from the scout tree.
C. go back to an assault mech and buy an image magnifier for the assault mech utilizing one of it's free module slot?

noting of course that this means i am wasting a module slot on an assault mech for a module that's technically geared for scout role and not assault.

But suppose i have a use for it in the assault mech, i can do just that as i described above?

I also think scout may be the way to go. Speed and rader means picking targets of opportunity plus retreating quickly leading to less early losses. I also predict a pro scout will be every teams need. The more information the better decisions the team can make for the entire battle right.

You'll see me scouting :)

#148 Arthwys IronHand

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

Interesting, though the XP->Techtree-> pilotpoints is convoluted and will likely guarantee the slow grind for the F2P players. I like the blog and how we are being given this data to work with. Many thanks for this.

#149 Murdock Kell

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMedicine Hat, AB

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

Sounds to me like somebody's been doing their homework. This is nicely laid out in a TAC2IS setup for the Company commander. Kudos!

#150 Dragon Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:25 AM

I'm getting an "image not found" error for all the pictures and diagrams.

#151 Kalenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Think the challenge will be getting players who are willing to play scout class as I feel like that could be less combat-focused - how do you earn growth in a scout class since you won't be doing a lot of damage and mostly running away from bigger mechs?

#152 Rooster Fett

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostDragon Lady, on 18 June 2012 - 03:25 AM, said:

I'm getting an "image not found" error for all the pictures and diagrams.

Same here

#153 Kolhammer

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

i like the skill feature set

#154 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

View PostKalenn, on 19 June 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Think the challenge will be getting players who are willing to play scout class as I feel like that could be less combat-focused - how do you earn growth in a scout class since you won't be doing a lot of damage and mostly running away from bigger mechs?

By doing exactly what scouts ought to be doing, ie: scouting the enemy and providing the team with the enemy location info and targeting telemetry for LRM and what not.

detecting the enemy and providing LRM lock signal for the team presumably gives set amount of XP, same as destroying or blowing off mech parts, so as long as the scout actually do it's job as a scout ie: detecting the enemy for the team and being the eye for the team then he should do fine.

#155 Delthius

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

This looks great, can't wait to try my hand commanding.

#156 Manii Names

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

I can't see any of the images. All 404.

#157 Greevis

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:35 AM

This sounds very interesting , always loved the light Mechs.

#158 crymeafingriver

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. Califorina

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

I remember my first Mech game it was a blast this is going to be epic!.

#159 Darqe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Since the inception of the Founder's program, I am wondering about this:

Pilot Points that are unlocked in the BattleMech Tech Tree are then assigned to the player’s pilot avatar (MechWarrior).

Those who unlocked one of, or all of the 4 mechs...will they have xp in those trees already, unlocking the ability to use the mechs? Does that also mean they will get the appropriate Pilot points? If not, is the opportunity to gain those points effectively lost? Just wondering if anyone had factored that into the equation because I haven't seen it mentioned.

#160 Scimitar

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Victoria, Australia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Man this sounds so sweet but my major question would be how do you prevent someone specing out as a scout being placed as a commander and the team being handicapped because of this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users