463 replies to this topic

#361 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

There IS no truth, Kensai, only the duped imaginations of the proletariat!

#362 Confalone

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

great color scheme!

Edited by Confalone, 14 June 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#363 Azantia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Only one of the best ;)

#364 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostAzantia, on 14 June 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Only one of the best :(

Not one of the best, it IS the best!

YAR!

#365 Argon3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

I had the VF -84 on board when I was in the Navy
I like to kill mechs
Not sure what I'll run but I tend to do OK in these games

Oh and my puter will run this game VERY well according to specs
All I got to say

Argon3

#366 Vandamsel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

Yeah it is a pretty awesome color scheme isn't it.

#367 Talon Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Bump

#368 Odinn

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã *Outside*

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 02 February 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

We are the hidden weapon of the AFFS, our enemies know us as the infamous Jolly Rogers.
Tired of the status quo, Walls of text, flashy images and no substance.
Join the fight with your conviction to the cause. Be ready to take charge with an unbreakable will and unyielding personality.
Quality over Quantity, integrity, fidelity, dedication and intensity define the "Jolly Rogers", can you handle it?
A steady hand, a sharp mind, a heart of ice and loyalty to your fellow warriors wins wars.
If you meet any of the criteria above, you might have what it takes to wear the black and gold stripes of the Jolly Rogers.
Take the first steps to earn your Skull and Bones today.

I would like to dispute your definition of the "Jolly Roger" and the intended use of such an iconic display

"Flying a Jolly Roger was a reliable way of proving oneself a pirate. Just possessing or using a Jolly Roger was considered proof that one was a criminal pirate rather than something more legitimate; only a pirate would dare fly the Jolly Roger, as he was already under threat of execution."

"Historically, the flag was flown to frighten pirates' victims into surrendering without a fight, since it conveyed the message that the attackers were outlaws who would not consider themselves bound by the usual rules of engagement"

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Jolly_Roger

#369 Atomfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBismarck North Dakota

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Sorry 'bout posting something off topic here, but due to not being able to access my forum profile I can't send PMs, I would like to ask that even if you guys and gals don't join the main command structure that you guys and gals would at least tell us where you head off to defend or strike so the rest of us can plan around that.

Edited by Atomfire, 19 June 2012 - 01:58 PM.

#370 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostOdinn, on 19 June 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

I would like to dispute your definition of the "Jolly Roger" and the intended use of such an iconic display
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Jolly_Roger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VFA-103

You can evoke the imagery and the idea of something without adhering to it so strictly. We have made our customizations, and they work quite well with canon and actual history. If you don't like it, that's your prerogative, but it's also not wrong on our end.

View PostAtomfire, on 19 June 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Sorry 'bout posting something off topic here, but due to not being able to access my forum profile I can't send PMs, I would like to ask that even if you guys and gals don't join the main command structure that you guys and gals would at least tell us where you head off to defend or strike so the rest of us can plan around that.

We're still discussing our options and will give no promises. One thing to note however is that we're going to most likely be a Mercenary unit, even if only taking contracts for Davion.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 19 June 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#371 Atomfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBismarck North Dakota

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 19 June 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VFA-103

You can evoke the imagery and the idea of something without adhering to it so strictly. We have made our customizations, and they work quite well with canon and actual history. If you don't like it, that's your prerogative, but it's also not wrong on our end.

We're still discussing our options and will give no promises. One thing to note however is that we're going to most likely be a Mercenary unit, even if only taking contracts for Davion.

K.

#372 Purgatory22

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

Posted Image

Just your average day of practice. We almost have our 48 active we want. Few spots left, if your a quality player sign up. If your not don't we will show you the door very quickly. Few people already left via the door as well. Few spots open.

Edited by Shinobi22, 20 June 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#373 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'd like to say I've had a great experience with these guys. They are friendly, out going, and the TS envoirment is always up beat and positive. If your looking for a home for MWO and want a group that is going to play together, have fun and has a great community, then head over and drop an app today.

#374 Spiralcrisis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 207 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure I want to know.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

Just testing my founders tag.

EDIT: Yep it worked. :)

Edited by Spiralcrisis, 20 June 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#375 Spartan

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Not to be rude or anything, but as far as I was aware you guys had decided to be a Merc unit. If that's correct, you're recruiting time would be better spent in the Mercenary Recruiting forum.

#376 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

Holy Crap! you mean this whole time we've been in the House Davion forums?!? <_< Thank god someone told us, we would have never known!
On a more serious note, we are a merc unit that has declared for House Davion. If you looking for a great band of guys and girls, who want to have fun while playing MWO, in an organized and friendly group, please come over to our web page and drop an app!

#377 Thanar Carns

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostZerstorer Stallin, on 20 June 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

I'd like to say I've had a great experience with these guys.  They are friendly, out going, and the TS envoirment is always up beat and positive.  If your looking for a home for MWO and want a group that is going to play together, have fun and has a great community, then head over and drop an app today.
a wee bit misleading my friend, as your unit's recruiting is closed.

Edited by Thanar, 21 June 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#378 Azantia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

Just closed this afternoon, as we have exceeded our chosen member cap.

Edited by Azantia, 21 June 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#379 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:16 AM

View PostSpartan, on 20 June 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

Not to be rude or anything, but as far as I was aware you guys had decided to be a Merc unit. If that's correct, you're recruiting time would be better spent in the Mercenary Recruiting forum.

As MW:O has yet to launch and we have any hard information about House/Merc beyond bits we've been told in developer dispatches, we hold the option of deciding at a later date before the game launches to shift back to being a grouping of House players. Right now we're seriously considering being a merc unit, but we haven't abandoned the idea of trying to make being a Faction player work.

I'd also think that we're House Davion Mercenaries. This is our chosen House, we'd only be going Merc for the freedom of creating our unit with the ability to actually run our own unit (and not have the game do it for us.) We still care what happens in our House, and this thread helps us find those who have like ideas as our own, people who care about House Davion as much as we that may not care what tag the game places on us.

It's also our hope that at such time that the game allows fan created/run units inside of Factions, that we would immediately transition into faction players and the Raiders would be a House Davion faction unit in truth (instead of having to go merc for control purposes.) This of course is assuming we actually go the merc route when MW:O releases.

If a moderator decides that this thread (which I began the unit in,) needs to be closed, they shall do it. It's my wish that they not, especially if we do not take the path of the mercenary, so that we may stay involved in the House we love.

For everyone else, yes recruitment is currently closed. It may re-open at a later date should we find it necessary and any exceptional applicants should still send me or Azantia a private message.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 21 June 2012 - 05:20 AM.

#380 Hairicin

Wolf's Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 535 posts
  • LocationHinwil, Swiss

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:19 AM

thread cleaned.

azantias post and all respond to azantias post are deleted

79 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 79 guests, 0 anonymous users