45 replies to this topic

#41 Qman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationCanberra. Oz

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 03 February 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Translation: WRONG

It's going to be very important for us to have something for the new in-experienced players of MechWarrior Online. A lot of people are going to be disoriented by torso twist itself and it's going to be up to us to help alleviate that situation. So yes, there will be something. What exactly, that's for us to know and you guys to speculate on.

This just in watching Hula Girl dancing techniques will help with torso twisting. (yeah i am bored at work....)

#42 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

What about Starcraft 2-esque "placement" scheme? For those unacquainted:

Starcraft 2 will have you play 5 matches when you first create your account in order to determine your skill level, and you'll then be placed in a league based on your performance.

Since (I believe) this game won't have "leagues" to speak of, these matches could serve as kind of a 'live fire training' session. Playing with and against real people, but no one who's been playing the main game long enough to cream you before you notice them. It could have a computer-guided walkthrough to train you in the various functions of the mech.

No "trial by fire" first matches against experienced players, no consequences for screw ups, no fees or cooldown timers for repairs between matches, etc. Just a limited number of no-strings-attached matches to play, then you go live.

Would a system like this satisfy the player who want a training mode?

Like Starcraft, this game could give experienced players the choice to skip the practice league and jump right into the main game.

The big problem would be smurfing, I guess...

#43 DarkTreader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'd love if their training area was set up something similar to the Wolf's Dragoons training area described in the books... sounds like that'd be exactly the kind of thing we're all looking for. Open ranges for free fire exercises, target courses, obstacle courses, AI Mech range battles... Mmm... sexy sexy goodness.

#44 Gustaf Brackman

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

Speaking about training areas reminded me of that one mission in MechWarrior4 Black Knight were you enter a training facility firing range and start smoking the fresh meat new recruits till the training facility commander shows up to duel you.

((Let's hope Paul doesn't get any funny ideas from MechWarrior4.))

#45 DeltaForce95

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

my friend could you get more awkward and sexually scared? XD bravo
question is it like driving a tank? Being aware of how the turret is aimed compared to the hull? If thats basically it im solid then :o

#46 Phades

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 04 February 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

bumping for merging purposes... nothing to see here.. move along...

Spoiler

I guess we are all just weak minded fools here. :D

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users