• 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

Founding

#2 Habokku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

You have my support, as a long time GDL player. I ran Gray Death Legion for over a year back in early MW4 era BattleTech Universe League (BTU League) as GDL_Havoc.

Check out my thread "Any BattleTech Universe league players around?" or PM me if you'd like to chat lore and Legion history :)

<S> Take care and if I can help ya, do let me know.

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

Edit: For those who don't want to head to the last page, here's the updated Gray Death Legion forum!

http://gdlmercs.forumotion.com

Head over there and register, then chime in on the Roll Call, and Tentative Lance Organization threads. Once you finish that, grab the teamspeak information off of the Teamspeak thead and join us on the No Guts, No Galaxy Teamspeak server!

<S>

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

Edited by Habokku, 11 March 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#3 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

I'm in if you'll have me. Experience with MW3 online... and pretty much every other MW game in single player campaign. Very excited to see a revival of the Battletech universe!

#4 Dragonscar

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 24 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

Let me know if you are accepting members?

http://mwomercs.com/...y-death-legion/

#5 Latriam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 146 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Sign me up. Have played this game since before crescents hawks and remember starting with that first jenner.
Played single player and multiplayer and ran a merc company with my brother in mw4 mercs

#6 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hey all I used to run the GDL back in the MW2 days on Kali with the following group of peeps:

Banichi
Blund@r
Boombotz
Dogmeat
Famine
Fett
FireJade
Fyreheart
Goldstar
Hammer
HPY2
KnightOfNi
Kodiak
Mechkilla
Mechmangler
MiSTKeRL
MrApathy
Neophile
Stasis

There must be some I missed but I pulled this list off a copy of an old website I had made...

If you've come back for MWO please say hi :)

Edited by theforce, 01 November 2011 - 09:44 PM.

#7 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:19 AM

Greetings GDL.......!

>VDB<

#8 Lori Black Widow Carlyle

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

Signing in. :)

#9 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:23 AM

The waiting is going to be a killer! I can't wait to feel the anticipation during the first drop! 10 years is too long to go without this kinda adrenaline rush!

#10 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

<S>
i have played since MPBT Solaris time on AOL with the GDL.
My Name changed quite often, but i would definitely be playing any Mechwarrior game as GDL with my Friends of the old days.
Most of us are from Germany, especially after the end of Solaris.
(players like Ramage, Diablo, Lori, Deathwing, Mandra, DeVillar, Trantor and many more good men and women)

Over the past years many mechjockeys retired, but i have no doubt that most of the long time Mechwarriors will be ready to fill the ranks once again.
The only downside of MWLL was the hardware hungry engine of crysis, where the old games were running on nearly any machine.

#11 Dravis Falison

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

Im in,
if the old lance mates ain't here its time for a new lance to get mr. D.

#12 Patch Holt

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRhode Island ,USA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

Played with GDL in Mercs. Was GDL_Steelpatch. Would love to get back with GDL.

#13 Scott Wolfpack Rider

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

Served whith the Legion during GDL_Havok's command under the GDL_Wolfpack tag. I am prepared to bring my recon mech skills to this latest incarnation.

#14 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'd be happy to join, if you're willing to take me. I have single player experience with every MW game from 2 onward (Aside from Living Legends) and multiplayer experience from MW4 (As Irish, if anyone happened to see me back then)

#15 machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Locationhere.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

View Postirishwarrior, on 02 November 2011 - 05:33 PM, said:

I'd be happy to join, if you're willing to take me. I have single player experience with every MW game from 2 onward (Aside from Living Legends) and multiplayer experience from MW4 (As Irish, if anyone happened to see me back then)

IRISH you played in BZ4 and VL right?

#16 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

View Postmachine, on 02 November 2011 - 07:11 PM, said:

IRISH you played in BZ4 and VL right?

I'm sorry to say that I didn't play that far back; maybe there was a different Irish - I don't think MW4 had a system to prevent duplicate names. Either that, or they had a system that was case-sensitive, and my capitalization was different from the person you're thinking of. I favored the Puma and the Uziel, if that helps at all.

#17 Habokku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

View PostScott Wolfpack Rider, on 02 November 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

Served whith the Legion during GDL_Havok's command under the GDL_Wolfpack tag. I am prepared to bring my recon mech skills to this latest incarnation.

Wolfpack! <S>

How the heck are you man?? It's been WAY too long!

Good to see you and I hope to chat with you directly in the near future to catch up.

I've managed to find and keep loose contact with GDL_Elwhafox and GDL_Lynx as well, but past the two of them the rest of the old crew have kinda faded into the internet.

It's awesome to see you still around.

Also, on a side note: Patch Holt, your tag looks really familiar.. did you run in GDL with me and Wolfpack?
Just curious. As I said my tag was GDL_Havoc, if you remember me please do let me know so I can make sure my mind isn't trying to play tricks on me.

In the mean time, I'll see you rowdy lot dirtside soon.

<S>

Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

#18 Scott Wolfpack Rider

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

View Posthabokku, on 02 November 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:

Wolfpack! <S>

How the heck are you man?? It's been WAY too long!

Good to see you and I hope to chat with you directly in the near future to catch up.

I've managed to find and keep loose contact with GDL_Elwhafox and GDL_Lynx as well, but past the two of them the rest of the old crew have kinda faded into the internet.

It's awesome to see you still around.

Also, on a side note: Patch Holt, your tag looks really familiar.. did you run in GDL with me and Wolfpack?
Just curious. As I said my tag was GDL_Havoc, if you remember me please do let me know so I can make sure my mind isn't trying to play tricks on me.

In the mean time, I'll see you rowdy lot dirtside soon.

<S>

Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

<S>
Great to see you too Havok. Good to hear about Lynx and Fox, Putting the band back together will be a blast. So no idea on Rebel? **** shame, I might miss that southern twang on hot drops.

Patch is my roomie, he ran under GDL_Steelpatch if I remember correctly so no you're not loosing it yet.

Look forward to catching up and look forward to dropping NARC's for the crew again.

#19 Habokku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

<S>

Greetings once more.

Glad to hear Patch is who I thought he was, I knew that name looked too familiar.

As for Rebel, yea I'm sorry to say I've lost touch with him over the years, I hope one day to bump into him again. Maybe as this game gets closer to release and generates more buzz he'll show back up. We can only hope.

And yea, I'll miss his twang as well, but I'll make up for it best I can while we wait and see if he reappears from the vast ocean of the internet.

Also: I added my MSN contact info into my profile. If you use MSN please feel free to drop me a line whenever you have time.

Talk to you more soon WP, and I'll see you dirtside soon I hope.

<S>

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

#20 Radnok

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

Sign me up. I played mpbt solaris on aol and mpbt 2025 as Loki. In that time i was a member of gdl and i will be again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users