ISN News Flash

20 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Sat. Feb 04, 3049: Duchess Candace's monthly address calling for the removal of her sister, Chancellor Romano Liao, particularly impassioned.

#2 EmyLightsaber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationValhalla, Outworlds Alliance

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

Your syntax is wrong.

#3 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 04 February 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Sat. Feb 04, 3049: Duchess Candace's monthly address calling for the removal of her sister, Chancellor Romano Liao, particularly impassioned.

Too bad there's not a St. Ives faction to facilitate said removal... just saying...

#4 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

Free St. Ives!

If they won't add it as a faction, just carve it out anyway!

#5 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostHayden, on 04 February 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

Too bad there's not a St. Ives faction to facilitate said removal... just saying...

Heh, they're FedSuns lap dogs in order to survive in any case.

#6 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

View Postverybad, on 04 February 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Heh, they're FedSuns lap dogs in order to survive in any case.

Heh, maybe. Still, if it was in I'd drop the DC in the heartbeat. :o

#7 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Fedrat puppet says what?

#8 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostPhalanx, on 04 February 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Fedrat puppet says what?

Can't ignore the St.Ives pedigree, Candace is a strong and smart woman, and her husband and son were/are probably the best Mechwarriors in the Inner Sphere.

St. Ives doesn't need the Federated Commonwealth, they just choose to ally with us over Romano's crazy machinations. Literally crazy.

#9 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostPhalanx, on 04 February 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Fedrat puppet says what?

I wouldn't know :)

#10 IxxxI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostHayden, on 04 February 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

Heh, maybe. Still, if it was in I'd drop the DC in the heartbeat. :)

So, Hayden, what makes the difference between St. Ives, St. Ives as part of Capellan Confederation (and Draconis Combine) to you?

#11 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostIxxxI, on 04 February 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

So, Hayden, what makes the difference between St. Ives, St. Ives as part of Capellan Confederation (and Draconis Combine) to you?

Well, a lot of it has to do with my long-running favoritism of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry. Years ago when I played the Succession Wars table top game with friends I always thought that the name and insignia were cool. Around that time I got my copy of the 4th Succession War Atlas (two volumes), which has long been my personal favorite source book. Anyway, while reading these books I discovered that St. Ives had broken in the course of the war. As I was already partial to the St. ives lancers and by extension the St. Ives Commonality, I decided to kind of back the Compact.

In later books, (especially the 2nd edition Mechwarrior book) I saw renditions of the St. Ives Compact insignia, and I immediately loved it. It had an appealing color scheme, and has long been my personal favorite of the various faction insignia, and one of my favorite insignia in BT as a whole. Anyway, about the same time I got the 2nd edition MW book I also scored a copy of the 20 Year Update, which had profiles for faction leaders. The book didn't depict Romano as the raving lunatic she is sometimes made out to be, and made her out to be a somewhat competent but questionable leader. Candice, on the other hand, really seemed to shine, and sounded like a woman I'd rather follow.

I was never a huge Capellan fan before St. Ives, but over the years I've grown to have a lot of sentimentality for the St. Ives Compact, and watching it's history and knowing how things go down in the end, I really have a very strong dislike for the Capellan Confederation, and especially Sun-Tzu. Anyway, that's my personal reason.

My other reason is the canon. At this point in St. Ives's history there is no way they would be allied with the Capellans. It would be like lumping in the Free Rasalhague Republic with the Draconis Combine. It would be more appropriate to put the Capellans in with the Federated Suns (ugh), or even as an inviolate "periphery-like state". At least in this fashion, they would have their historical role as a buffer state.

Personally? I want to fight for the St. Ives Compact and get some pre-emptive vengeance for 3063. At the very least, I'd rather not see St. Ives in the hands of Romano Liao and the Capellan Confederation. There's a lot of vitriol here.

EDIT: Also I'm disappointed to no end with what happened to the Tikonov Free Republic, but that's another rant :)

EDIT: And to further throw down the gauntlet, I'm doing away with my DCMS insignia.

Edited by Hayden, 04 February 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#12 IxxxI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

I don't really know, am I happy with such a detailed answer on my question :), I've never dived too much into the BT lore to discus it, sorry. "Just look at the bright side" - House Liao has the best choice of enemies available in game (so far)! What's the pleasure in joining drooling hordes of "good heroes" saving another illusory world, if you can test your skill in tough competition? But looking how things are going on (with my little help, hehe :(), it might be problematic to find 4-12 hardcore mechwarriors for Liao team at launch))

Edited by IxxxI, 04 February 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#13 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 04 February 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

St. Ives doesn't need the Federated Commonwealth, they just choose to ally with us over Romano's crazy machinations. Literally crazy.

AHHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, St Ives wouldn't be invaded in an instant if the FedSuns weren't standing behind them with a stick.

Sit St Ives! Beg! There's a good girl, here's a puppy treat!

#14 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

View Postverybad, on 04 February 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

AHHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, St Ives wouldn't be invaded in an instant if the FedSuns weren't standing behind them with a stick.

How's retaking the FRR going?

#15 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostHayden, on 04 February 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Well, a lot of it has to do with my long-running favoritism of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry. Years ago when I played the Succession Wars table top game with friends I always thought that the name and insignia were cool. Around that time I got my copy of the 4th Succession War Atlas (two volumes), which has long been my personal favorite source book. Anyway, while reading these books I discovered that St. Ives had broken in the course of the war. As I was already partial to the St. ives lancers and by extension the St. Ives Commonality, I decided to kind of back the Compact.

In later books, (especially the 2nd edition Mechwarrior book) I saw renditions of the St. Ives Compact insignia, and I immediately loved it. It had an appealing color scheme, and has long been my personal favorite of the various faction insignia, and one of my favorite insignia in BT as a whole. Anyway, about the same time I got the 2nd edition MW book I also scored a copy of the 20 Year Update, which had profiles for faction leaders. The book didn't depict Romano as the raving lunatic she is sometimes made out to be, and made her out to be a somewhat competent but questionable leader. Candice, on the other hand, really seemed to shine, and sounded like a woman I'd rather follow.

I was never a huge Capellan fan before St. Ives, but over the years I've grown to have a lot of sentimentality for the St. Ives Compact, and watching it's history and knowing how things go down in the end, I really have a very strong dislike for the Capellan Confederation, and especially Sun-Tzu. Anyway, that's my personal reason.

My other reason is the canon. At this point in St. Ives's history there is no way they would be allied with the Capellans. It would be like lumping in the Free Rasalhague Republic with the Draconis Combine. It would be more appropriate to put the Capellans in with the Federated Suns (ugh), or even as an inviolate "periphery-like state". At least in this fashion, they would have their historical role as a buffer state.

Personally? I want to fight for the St. Ives Compact and get some pre-emptive vengeance for 3063. At the very least, I'd rather not see St. Ives in the hands of Romano Liao and the Capellan Confederation. There's a lot of vitriol here.

EDIT: Also I'm disappointed to no end with what happened to the Tikonov Free Republic, but that's another rant :)

EDIT: And to further throw down the gauntlet, I'm doing away with my DCMS insignia.

Hot DAMN!

#16 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

View Postverybad, on 04 February 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

AHHAHAHAHAHA

That happens anyway. Besides, even when it does, the SIC is fighting not just the Capellans but the Star League. Granted, not all of it, but the Capellans got A LOT of help. It was more a victory for Sun Tzu's machinations, than the CCAF's force of arms.

What St. Ives should have done was tag-team the Capellans with Andurien and Canopus in 3030. Why they sat that one out, I'll never really understand. :)

#17 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

So this is a monthly thing with her is it ?

#18 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 04 February 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

So this is a monthly thing with her is it ?

I see what you did there :)

#19 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

ohhhhh my head..............!

Time to line em all up in front of the DC and Maski's!! I say.

:)

#20 Darrin Thomason

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationBuckingham, UK

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

In addition why should the SIC not be a playable nation, granted at this point FRR has 80+ Planets if Canon is followed it will have 7 soon enough While SIC has 17 (2 1/2 times the size)
I won't whine that my favourite faction - Taurian Concordat with 56+ systems isn't in (number of planets is much higher due to the various clusters within its boarders.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users