9 replies to this topic

#1 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

Just a hail marry throw for gameplay. Don't expect much but I think I'd be fun.

Edited by ManDaisy, 06 February 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#2 Logan Solo Sinclair

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Periphery...

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

On foot?
Seriously though... It would definitely be cool to stomp a downed foe(gameplay-wise, but very dishonorable however). Imho, if implemented, it would be cool if somehow it wasn't a certain kill sorta thing... Like if your downed, and a guy goes in for the cupe de grace on your 'mech with his, you have a last ditch chance of swinging a leg or arm to throw him off balance giving you time either make good your escape, or even better, put the pins to him for being so dishonorable and mulliganing it to boot! That would be some hilarious 1337 pwning gameplay right there! Definitely grounds for some trash talk ;)

#3 Syvenn

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

That would be fun. Take him down and then continue on my way. If he's in my way, instead of going around I could just go through or even over him!

#4 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

I would assume, manually trying to walk over a large pile of rubble such as a fallen mech of varying sizes would either result in your Mech falling or coming to an abrupt stop.

I wouldn't see a scrap heap like that as being something you'd knowingly or wantonly want to step onto; I'd rather navigate around it.

#5 OzBrad

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAustralia,Melbourne

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

You mean like the intro of good old Robot Jox ;) ???

#6 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

If you tried to "stomp" on any enemy mech, wouldn't that have a chance to mess your foot up?

*Stomp Stomp Stomp* (Your foot is now damaged)
Try to run to escape oncoming fire, karma gets you, and you fall over because you had to stomp on that mech and mess your balance up.

#7 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

Robo jox!!! Love that movie. Just DFA a fallen foe... and then hit crouch a couple times ;)

#8 BoyarKnight

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

I think it would be quite embarassing to trip over a fallen mech. But I could see some fun in someone running up to stomp on you when your down and you leg them or knock them over and stomp them.

Edited by BoyarKnight, 06 February 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#9 Logan Solo Sinclair

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Periphery...

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Sorry went afk to watch House... Where was I?
Massive Lawl @ the timely use of Robot Jox(is there ever a wrong time ;)). I always love the "...I have already killed you..." quote, and of course the rocket fist(good reason to keep fists in MWO).

My main point was that physical attacks should be in, with the caveat that it should be difficult for the stomper in that they would obviously open themselves to possible attacks from the downed foe, and minor to moderate limb damage would be guaranteed based on the size of their 'mech in relation to the opponent... Why, you might ask, would they open themselves in such dangers? Why did they become a 'mech jock to begin with? To pwn the battlefield :D whilst looking bada$$... and maybe 'crouching' on sum greenhorns? Doesn't even need to be a stomp really, now that I think about it but any kind of cupe de grace that you move in close for(PPC to the cockpit anyone?).

Now the prone stompee on the other hand, I was saying should have some recourse, be it minimal(to maintain realism), though if successful it would be super humiliating(think cow tipping) for the guy tryin ta stomp him... Complete loss of face :P

#10 OzBrad

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAustralia,Melbourne

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

Mate, I love that film always have always will :) One of my favourite films from childhood! Just would have liked to have seen more of the battle at the begining and what that Mech looked like that good stomped!

Brad.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users