#121 DarkTreader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostRazed, on 13 February 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

This is not actually a video game, it's actually a testing program for a top-secret goverment program to find the world's best 'Mech pilots to drive the worlds first real BattleMech.

If this is true... then I will hunt down every person on these forums who is any good, just to kill them, so I can be the first. F'realz.

OT response: The first? Didn't you know? This is a game developed by an alien entrepreneur to find the best and brightest MechWarrior in game, then transport them to the stars to protect the Star League Inner Sphere from the Ko'Dan Clan Armada.

#122 TheRulesLawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

They are giving free replica neural helmets to the top 25 posters on the forum. They will be made by razor and include a 5.1 headset with mic, LCD VR glasses in the visor and a built in head tracking module. They will be on sale to other players for $399.99 at release.

#123 Zaius Ex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 13 February 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

They are giving free replica neural helmets to the top 25 posters on the forum. They will be made by razor and include a 5.1 headset with mic, LCD VR glasses in the visor and a built in head tracking module. They will be on sale to other players for $399.99 at release.

I would have to fight hard not to buy that. lol

#124 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 13 February 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

View PostZaius Ex, on 13 February 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

I would have to fight hard not to buy that. lol

:< Feed the greed why dont you! just give them a reason to actually do it now. Hell they could make them out of asbestos and we would all buy them still.. and wear them.. even if they didn't have anything more then little led lights that didn't even blink!

Ok, for real, this is something that is totally in the game. Not to throw any one under the buss (Paul) but they let it slip last night in my dreams.

DX< no im not dreaming about Paul.

So there will only be one game type that matters in getting you XP, C-bill and Rank in order to new mechs, and that are the House affiliated battles or, faction warfare. Every faction battle will take place in 0 g and each team will have at least 1 urbanmech pilot. Each team's goal is to, by using their assault mech's hands, get that urban mech into one of three of the apposing teams stationary drop ships which come in 3 sizes. Through the game there will be an odd additnal function that will instantly end the game if caught in the hands of one of the team's mechs and each team will have one specific light designated just to perform this function and otherwise is useless in the 'battle'. This special item that needs to be cought is a gold plated nickle-farus gauss round with mechanical wings that propel it through space. Also this 'magic bullet' has a brain and will do everything in its power to escape the 'magic bullet' catcher.

Also, if you do not hace a mech who has hands and JJ's with special 0 g moduals, you will not be allowed to participate in these matches. Note, that you cant earn anything any other way then to play in the faction battle described above so if you are not specially selected by your house as part of the 'in' crowd, you will not be have to purchase the required items in order to participate.

#125 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

There actually will be no MWO. The entire MWO website and buzz was created as an elaborate trolling attempt by a group of laid-off bronies who saw the Mechwarrior 5 trailer on Youtube. Everyone who tries to download the game after "launch" will actaully just recieve a large, highly compressed .rar file containing an extensive collection of pirated My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episodes in .flv format.

#126 Opus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 13 February 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

There actually will be no MWO. The entire MWO website and buzz was created as an elaborate trolling attempt by a group of laid-off bronies who saw the Mechwarrior 5 trailer on Youtube. Everyone who tries to download the game after "launch" will actaully just recieve a large, highly compressed .rar file containing an extensive collection of pirated My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episodes in .flv format.

oh

god

no

OK, that one is uncalled for, and I think I just vomited in my mouth a little bit... :)

#127 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

PGI will have the rug pulled out from them and the development handed over to John Romero, to which development overrun will delay release for 4 years, eventually culminating with a beta release where we resort to shooting Mecha-frogs...

#128 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:18 AM

In order to secure funding to make the game F2P PGI has contracted with Van Heusen as a sponsor. Therefore not only will player avatars be incredibly stylishly dressed, the 'Mechs themselves will wear attractive yet affordable slacks, blazers, sports coats, and suits. Not to mention an array of handsome footwear.

#129 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:18 AM

The house lords will be the only players able to fully appreciate the depth of the bureaucracy system.

#130 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:29 AM

Due to us driving Russ and Paul insane, MWO will be rebranded as Market Wars Online, MechWarriors will now be MarketWarriors, and we will all be 31st century speculators. Oddly enough, a portion of the community cheers for this development.

Edited by Dihm, 14 February 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#131 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

In Market Wars Online you will be fined and possibly jailed for inside trading if your investments reflect metaknowledge of the impending Clan invasion.

#132 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

I heard that they are testing a new armor type in game. Bacon armor. When hit by energy weapons it merely crisps and smells delicious. Ballistic and missile weapons do damage as normal. Inferno rounds and flamers have a chance of starting a grease fire that does 5 pts of damage every 10 seconds until it self extinguishes.

#133 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Russ is working on convincing Bryan that he is over his head in debt and that he and Paul should sell MW:O to EA Games where it would become a 60 purchase on Origins. Paul supports Russ in this because he knows it will enrage the community. It will be the biggest Troll of his career. Six years from now he will be brought to trial for inciting the largest mass suicide since Obama was re-elected.

ALSO:

View PostOmigir, on 14 February 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

How long will it take to saddle new mech?

Well, if I learned anything from Red Dead Redemption, it takes a while to find the right mech out in the wild. I like to get the black embattles. They are always the fastest. Some times you have to be careful though, commando's dont have strong enough stock joints to sustain a full out bucking 55 or 65 tonner so you have to upgrade your actuators before you head out to tackle the big bucks. Though once you got one roped it takes I would guess about 20 - 30 seconds of a balancing mini game to tire out the mech and then you have to ride it back to your stables to make it yours.

Edited by Omigir, 14 February 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#134 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

When the clan invasion starts the Devs will sift through the forums for the greatest trolls and make them clanners.

#135 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

MWO becomes a console port complete with auto-aim, SVGA graphics and ten minute loading times.

#136 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

MWO will be ported... to the Atari 2600! Pixels will be everywhere.

Shortly after the implementation of non euclidean geometries along with the 4D graphics overhaul, there wil be reports of gamers being found curled up on the floor, murmuring about 'the deep ones' and 'elder gods', whatever that is supposed to be.

House leaders will be able to decide on the form of goverment for their house. E.g. if they pick democracy, every member of the house gets to vote on decisions, if they pick totaliarism, they'll be able to censor the house chat, and so on...

Harmony Gold will do a face heel turn and put the Unseen into the public domain.

There will be mixed lockerrooms. (Still, we won't visit them.)

The Urbanmech will be able to mount improved jump jets, effectively turning it into a miniature dropship.

#137 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

Since today is Wednesday and I dont have work, I am going to speculate that the Wednesday Release is going to be postponed inttill I have work next, which means it will not come out until Sunday. And even then, they will throw out lots of teasers of teasers on facebook.

#138 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

In a very special Wednesday release PGI will reintroduce a Bengal tiger to the wild. Attached to that tiger's leg is a flash drive containing screen shots of MWO...good luck.

#139 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Unseen mechs will be in the game, but due to copy right issues with harmony gold (still) the unseen mechs will not be rendered in game. So when you 'target' an unsee, you only see the red box designating that you target a mech. You will have to guess at where the hit boxes are due to the unseen being unseen.

#140 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

If you enter a special code while piloting your mech in a training mission, you'll be able to bring up the full version of Mechwarrior 1 on your MFD in the cockpit. The display will zoom into the MFD and your controls will now control MW1 on the MFD.

86 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 86 guests, 0 anonymous users