Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostNik Van Rhijn, on 14 March 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

The "to the edge of the map" range (with decreasing damage) for lasers has also been applied to AC's. Unfortunately while reducing damage appropriately they got a sign wrong (positive instead of negative) for "knock" Thus the AC2 while only doing 0.000001 points of damage at extreme range is now capable of blowing an Atlas (it's the only mech you can see at that range) 50 feet with one shot.

Man, I love blowing an atlas. :)

#322 Siilk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

There would a RAVER OWENS!

Also

Posted Image

View PostOmigir, on 14 March 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

Man, I love blowing an atlas. :)

Blowing it? Do you even realize the size of it's junk? ;)

Posted Image

And no it's totally no a fake, see original image in this dev post.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 07 March 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

(Note: This is an ACTUAL IN-GAME screenshot)

:)

#323 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostSiilk, on 14 March 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Blowing it? Do you even realize the size of it's junk? :)

Posted Image

And no it's totally no a fake, see original image in this dev post.

:)

That's the reason the very sight of an Atlas intimidates 'mechwarriors throughout the Inner Sphere...

#324 Carebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

Wild speculation devs are pissed off they didnt make single playing/online Mech game instead this.

#325 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

View PostCarebear, on 14 March 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Wild speculation devs are pissed off they didn't make single playing/online Mech game instead this.

I would defiantly agree. I am sure the only one not regretting this community, is Paul, and that is because his life force is forged out of our misery that his trolling causes.

Then again, he is commuting slow sepuku by not tolling us. .. or MAYBE.. its just a ploy for an even BIGGER TROLL that will quadruple his life force. like it would be so intense, all of our heads would chop themselves off... there can only be one....

Also, clearly the Atlas is not Greek, packing way to much AC 20 in it's crotch. Gota be like Congo or something.

Edited by Omigir, 15 March 2012 - 03:51 AM.

#326 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

All the pretty graphics are just a tease. The real game is going to be a text-based MMO, secretly hidden away in a file called MechMU. You can only find it if you know how to use Telnet or a MU Client.

#327 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

Paul will be the ilKhan, leader of the biggest troll in Battletech, the Clans.

#328 Artgathan

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

1. Mechs will perform victory dances after every kill, including gratuitous high-fives.
2. The only way to destroy mechs will be legging; all other parts of the mech will be invulnerable.
3. Legged mechs can drag themselves around (if they have articulated arms; in similar fashion to an Atlas or Centurion) on the ground until curb-stomped.
4. Mechs with hands will be able to rip the arms off others mechs and beat them stupid with their own limb.

#329 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostOmigir, on 15 March 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

Also, clearly the Atlas is not Greek, packing way to much AC 20 in it's crotch. Gota be like Congo or something.

The Congo is better known for a bayonet to the crotch, but I suppose they might be into ACs too, if they had the technology level... :P :P

#330 palebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts
  • Location750 km East of Vancouver but only 10km from Russ' Mom's house

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

I thought I might just try and stimulate some discussion on what people think will be available for purchase as addons to the free-to-play?

I think the low hanging fruit in the discussion would be faster experience, mech customization, storage and ammunition but what else do you think will be made available for the players willing to shell out some cash?

Do you think there will be transit (travel) costs to Premium areas? Cockpit toys? Customized mech start-up audio? Pilot clothing?

I'm interested to see what people THINK will be in as well as what people HOPE will be available for purchase in the game.

#331 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

well the one thing proven that man kind has paid for (he invented money to pay for it) is...

Edited by Metro, 16 March 2012 - 03:14 AM.
Strike 1 - Edited for cleaner water.

#332 SirDenOfYork

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationSneads Ferry, North Carolina,U.S.A.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Most "Free to Play" games i've ever played to be sure there will be something to PAY for, you can count on that....

Edited by SirDenOfYork, 15 March 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#333 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostSirDenOfYork, on 15 March 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Most "Free to Play" games i've ever played to be sure there will be something to PAY for, you can count on that....

Well, yeah, of course there will be. The devs have made no secret of the fact that they will have things that can be purchased with real-world money.

#334 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

In light of a recent thread... I'd definately shell out $60 USD for the game itself, considering many future updates are 'on the house. A lot of content will be available through gameplay itself, however people will pay $$ for exlcusives it's bound to happen. Front page says 11,921 likes on facebook, that's $715,260 + all the people who don't live online (word of mouth) but enjoy game shelves. :ph34r:

#335 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Erm, you realise there are ~70,000 registered users. If they all paid $60 that is $4.2mil and that's well before game launch. I'll get some data soon on what the real numbers will be but its much more than $4.2....

#336 Tatius Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDavion Space.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Oh this is an easy one to answer.

- mech slots for new mechs. comes in a pack, two slots and such.
- Skins for mechs (maybe bundled with loadouts/variants)
- MAYBE weapon packs
- Xp boost and Credit boosts.
- repair "boxes" allowing instant reapair or half price repair or somthing.
- random cosmetic stuff (change your lighs on your mech, )

I highly doubt a pay for a atlas variant thats better then the one avaliable in game will be availiable. that goes against there no pay to win comments. hell just look at APB:r for contraversy regarding pay to win.

as for not so obvious payment stuff, maybe cerermony banners that you can hang from your mech?. different backgrounds (depending on how they do the mechlab) for the mechlab, such as a winter theme with snow and such or a draconis combine theme with banners and stuff hanging in the mechbay?.

#337 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 15 March 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

The Congo is better known for a bayonet to the crotch, but I suppose they might be into ACs too, if they had the technology level... :ph34r: :D

The atlas will have a mech sized bayonet on its crotch and will do a skull shattering finishing move by jumping on other mechs and humping them into submission. : )

Edited by Omigir, 16 March 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#338 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostOmigir, on 15 March 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

The atlas will have a mech sized bayonet on its crotch and will do a skull shatering finishing move by jumping on other mechs and humping them into submission. : )

atlas' are actually hardcore, thats why they have 2 hands.

Edited by Metro, 16 March 2012 - 03:16 AM.
Strike 2 and Strike 3 for today. No sexual references allowed, and no personal stabs allowed. Warning status altered and the next time we talk, you will be taking a break from our forums.

#339 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think basically everything WoT does MW:O will copy in some shape or form.

C-bills will be the normal currency. (Like WoT silver credits)

*Gold (*for lack of a better term) is currency bought with money. (Like WoT gold)

*Gold will most likely be used for a variety of things.... (some of these previous posters have already said)

- Skins
Self explanitory

- Premium membership (XP+credit boosts)
Self explanitory

- Certain Consumables
WoT example : fire-extinguishers, chocolate, repair kits etc
Mech example : Nitrous Jumpjet Shot (Increases jumpjet power for x amount of time....1 time use per battle)

Its not best example but there would be a C-bill version as well, just it gets destroyed on use whereas the gold version wouldn't.

- Mech slots
Self explanitory

- Cosmetic Items
Hula girls for your cockpit etc etc

- Gold -> C-bill conversion
Self explanitory

- Move XP to another mech for gold.
Self explanitory

- Removal of modules without destroying them.
Like WoT, certain modules you can add to your tank , mech in this case, cannot be removed without destroying the module unless you use gold.

- Merc corp stuff
Multiples things here, could be you need gold to start a corp, or gold will negate the c-bill cost for certain merc stuff etc

- Premium Mechs
Exactly like WoT Premium tanks, they aren't OP for their teir in WoT (T-59 Spam was annoying tho) so some sort of not overly powerful standard but rarish mechs could be used here.

...... If i think of any others ill edit the post..... :ph34r:

Edited by Foòóoo, 16 March 2012 - 02:15 AM.

#340 SirDenOfYork

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationSneads Ferry, North Carolina,U.S.A.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

I will pay for some things because i think it will be well worth it.... :ph34r:

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users