769 replies to this topic

#361 Morashtak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

View Postshai`tan, on 18 March 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

You know what would be nice? We all know there will be a VERY large MWO player base. It`d be cool if Hollywood ultimately takes notice, and finally does a Mechwarrior movie. I million players easilly. How many of those with families? And of course they hit the theatre for some onscreen Mech action.

Loads of cash to be made at the Box Office.

As long as it's done in the style of Black Sheep Squadron (aka Baa Baa Black Sheep) a tv show from '76-'78. YouTube a few shows, you'll see. In it's own campy way would be great to lift lock, stock and barrel entire parts of the show and make a show about a 'Mech company going through... well, pretty much everything the show depicts; Fighting the enemy, scrounging for parts, fighting with the brass, losing Lance mates, etc.

:( (just a little)

#362 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

View Postshai`tan, on 18 March 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

You know what would be nice? We all know there will be a VERY large MWO player base. It`d be cool if Hollywood ultimately takes notice, and finally does a Mechwarrior movie. I million players easilly. How many of those with families? And of course they hit the theatre for some onscreen Mech action.

Loads of cash to be made at the Box Office.

Ok, Halo could not even get a movie and it's games way blow MW:O out of the water right now >__> So wild hope and dreams indeed.

View PostSarah Dalrymple, on 18 March 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

Only they hire Michael Bay, who then turns it into a movie about gaint talking robots... oh wai...

In all reality: Ridly Scott!

View PostMorashtak, on 18 March 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

As long as it's done in the style of Black Sheep Squadron (aka Baa Baa Black Sheep) a tv show from '76-'78. YouTube a few shows, you'll see. In it's own campy way would be great to lift lock, stock and barrel entire parts of the show and make a show about a 'Mech company going through... well, pretty much everything the show depicts; Fighting the enemy, scrounging for parts, fighting with the brass, losing Lance mates, etc.

:) (just a little)

That show was awesome! They used real footage for the dog fights and the F4-U Corsair was such a sexy plain. Not to mention the history behind the unit!

#363 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

I always imagined a BTech/MechWarrior show as something like Space: Above and Beyond.

#364 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 19 March 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

I always imagined a BTech/MechWarrior show as something like Space: Above and Beyond.

Now that was a show cancelled before its time!

Couldn't believe that only lasted one season, but "Millenium" stuck around for three...

#365 Shai tan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Yet they will do Starship Troopers... right? Boggles the mind. They even had Mechs in The Matrix movies. And Avatar. There is still hope. ;p

#366 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

View Postshai`tan, on 19 March 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Yet they will do Starship Troopers... right? Boggles the mind. They even had Mechs in The Matrix movies. And Avatar. There is still hope. ;p

Here you go:
Starship troopers, fresh for 2012.

Now im looking on Hulu to see if they have Space above and beyond. Its one of those shows my parents watched but never really saw the thing myself, only remember snipits.. and im not that young >__>

#367 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

When I sw the Mech/powered armor in "District 9", my thoughts turned to the fact that they has thought to do a Mechwarrior movie, but then they decided not to. I would love to see Hollywood take the tech in that movie and apply the realism of it to a Mechwarrior movie.

#368 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Post3Xtr3m3, on 19 March 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

When I sw the Mech/powered armor in "District 9", my thoughts turned to the fact that they has thought to do a Mechwarrior movie, but then they decided not to. I would love to see Hollywood take the tech in that movie and apply the realism of it to a Mechwarrior movie.

You do know District 9 was maid out of the corpse that was supposed to be the Halo movie, right?

#369 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostOmigir, on 20 March 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

You do know District 9 was maid out of the corpse that was supposed to be the Halo movie, right?

I did not know that. I just know that the images in there looked good and would be a fine base for a MechWarrior movie.

#370 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

I would like to see a movie more like Battlestar Galactica (the new series) Which is clearly based off Space above and beyond, would be a much better movie base..

District 9 had a good 'real' looking film but over all nothing in the film as far as I can see really could translate to mechwarrior o__O

#371 Karel Spaten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHallam

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

See I was thinking of the Warrior Trilogy (or Blood of Kerensky) done in the same manner as Game of Thrones.

#372 Pave Low

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSydney (Australia)

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostMorashtak, on 18 March 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

;) (just a little)

Wonder if there are any Mech pilots called 'Pappy' ?
It could work though there would have to be female pilots - they couldn't just all be'nurses' like in the show.

#373 Wolfbite

• PipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

I heard Fred Durst will be doing the the multi-platinum quadruple Oscar nominated soundtrack....

I heard Michael Caine willbe doing the computer voice. " YOU WERE ONLY MEANT TO BLOW THE BLOODY LEGS OFF!"

And Mr T will be playing the role of Hunchback 2c

#374 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

In order to give players more options the Devs will be introducing a new class, the "Healer". Instead of weapons 'Mechs piloted by this class will shoot repair beams that fix damaged teammates. These beams will be powered by harvesting the hulks of fallen enemies.

#375 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostRazed, on 21 March 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

In order to give players more options the Devs will be introducing a new class, the "Healer". Instead of weapons 'Mechs piloted by this class will shoot repair beams that fix damaged teammates. These beams will be powered by harvesting the hulks of fallen enemies.

Because it was mentioned here, the Dev's took it as that we want a repair beam. So now instead of repair beams, the healer class will throw out BA that will rip apart enemy mechs but repair friendly mechs!

#376 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Actually, MW:O is going to be a business simulation: You buy industrial Mechs and hire Mechwarriors beyond their prime to harvest the natural resources or to grow crops. After fighting off pirates attacking your small periphery colony for a while, you'll be able to expand your business into the inner sphere, which opens up the PvP part of the game.

Of course, you'll be facing morally ambigous choices on every step... like, do you feed the hay you harvest to your animals and nourish your workers with their meat or do you build a distillery and make more money of their drinking habits?
Eventually, you'll be able to buy real battlemechs and wage war... in the arenas on Solaris VII.

#377 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostSarah Dalrymple, on 18 March 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

Only they hire Michael Bay, who then turns it into a movie about gaint talking robots... oh wai...

Michael Bay is going to do a remake of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - and he is making them ALIENS!!!!

I want his hands off of the BT universe. There are great directors out there who would be better and he really is not one of them. (Hell, I would rather have Jonathan Frakes direct a Mecha movie based on the BT milieu)

#378 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

http://conceptartwor...strict_9_12.jpg

How can you say that the Mech / Batthe Armor in District 9 would not be a good jumping off point for a Mechwarrior movie? It had the Mech toes, the chicken-walker legs. When I saw it I thought "I want to see a Mechwarrior movie done that well.
Now if I could figure out how to post the actual picture.

#379 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

http://www.scifiscoo...ai_poster-1.jpg

#380 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:33 AM

Speculation: Due to the noobie clamor for a training area / single-player needs... PGI reluctantly buckles and will provide a off-line training arena. However in a poorly veiled retaliation for the forced inclusion of this module, the training area is designed in the same vein as the venerable arcade shooter classic DUCK HUNT, in which Mechwarriors will test their targeting prowess shooting house emblazoned balloons that emerge vertically from behind various beautifully rendered foliage and landmarks.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users