#462 Banshee Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 431 posts
  • LocationUncomfortably Close

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

I got this:

There will be RGR's. For those of you who don't know RGR stands for Rotary Gauss Rifle. It's a lot like the RAC but with gauss rifles instead of ac's

If your cockpit is damaged in a battle occuring in a low to no-atmosphere environment you will experience explosive decrompression and lose your hud. You will still have your controls though so you can keep fighting but now you have nothing between you and the mech in front of you, one more bullet to the cockpit and you're dead.

I also heard that they are expanding on jump jets by making certain mechs flight capable.

A hacked pm from the dev's I heard about says there is going to be a sort of x-ray vision you can see through buildings and obsticals with, and when you look through a mech with it it causes radiation damage to the pilot. But if you leave it on too long your eyes could melt. Yes, your pilot can receive permenant damage that carriers over between games (i.e. paralysis, loss of limbs, incontinence, etc.)

In MWO losing both legs won't actually kill you, you'll just be stuck on the ground wherever you lost your second leg. You might be face down though, it all depends on how you fall.

The coolest thing I heard though... the coolest thing, is that when you eject you can steer the ejection chair w/ parachute and if you land on an enemy mech you can try to hijack it. At which point a hand to hand battle will ensue between the pilots!

Edited by Banshee Bullet, 03 April 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#463 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostBanshee Bullet, on 03 April 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

In MWO losing both legs won't actually kill you, you'll just be stuck on the ground wherever you lost your second leg. You might be face down though, it all depends on how you fall.

Right... and if you can't get a pair of new legs, your 'Mech will have to use a 'Mech-sized wheel chair in the next battle. Because an Atlas in a wheel chair is a ridiculous sight for eyes, legging will become even more popular :)

#464 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

High levels in E-War will allow you to hack enemy mech's and stream Youtube MEMS into their HUD and your choice of Bagpipes and drums through their comm links.

Though if you are fighting a Kellhound or NW Highlander.. your F*kd....

View PostEl Loco, on 04 April 2012 - 02:43 AM, said:

Right... and if you can't get a pair of new legs, your 'Mech will have to use a 'Mech-sized wheel chair in the next battle. Because an Atlas in a wheel chair is a ridiculous sight for eyes, legging will become even more popular :)

This will be introduced only to make people who demands tanks in MW:O stop trolling for unicorns (****)

Edited by Omigir, 04 April 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#465 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

But the Unicorn is the ideal melee tank with its 5m "spike" mounted on the turret!

#466 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

But unicorns tend to choose their camouflage rather poorly :)

Edit: Or am I confusing them with ponies?... Now I am confused... Ahhhhh

Edited by El Loco, 04 April 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#467 Banshee Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 431 posts
  • LocationUncomfortably Close

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

[color=#959595]Right... and if you can't get a pair of new legs, your 'Mech will have to use a 'Mech-sized wheel chair in the next battle. Because an Atlas in a wheel chair is a ridiculous sight for eyes, legging will become even more popular [/color] :)[color=#959595] [/color]

That's ridiculous, of course you can get new legs, even a new mech. Just not in the middle of the battlefield.

Say your Atlas torso is on it's back, you can either self-destruct or wait for something to fly/jump over you. You also have the option of playing dead: shut down and wait for someone to get close then ctrl+z BOOM!!!

#468 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostBanshee Bullet, on 04 April 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

That's ridiculous, of course you can get new legs, even a new mech. Just not in the middle of the battlefield.

Of course it is... that is what this thread is about. The more ridiculous, the better!

Hmm... actually, you got me thinking. I am now fully confinced that a 'Mech who has lost all of his weapons in a fight can pick up a 'Mech that has lost its legs. This way, both machines/pilots will be useful again! Plus, it will silence all the voices wishing for dual cockpits as one player controlls movement, the other player controlls the armament, and both can combine their intel to be more effective! Hurray to teamplay!

#469 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

As long as the mech doing the picking up has hands :) - and of course the mech being picked up doesn't weigh more than 50% of the pickup mech.

#470 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostNik Van Rhijn, on 04 April 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

As long as the mech doing the picking up has hands :) - and of course the mech being picked up doesn't weigh more than 50% of the pickup mech.

barrel armed mechs can put their barrel arms under the armpits of other mechs. XD Like gun/fork lifts

#471 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostOmigir, on 04 April 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

barrel armed mechs can put their barrel arms under the armpits of other mechs. XD Like gun/fork lifts

Then why can't Devastator toss Urbie??? :)

#472 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Time for a little "3xtr3m3" Speculation...

Players will not be able to play as Clan for five years. In this version, at least.

To explain further.
This game is supposed to be about IS vs IS. Any News of mysterious forces in superior mechs will be only that, they will be reported in "Inner Sphere News".

Next year you will be able to play separately in an "Expansion" in the Kerensky Cluster. Maybe back when the clans were twenty in number and the Tech was Star League Tech.

Each year will see the Clans rapidly advance to the Invasion level tech.
While the IS plays catchup due to recovery of Clan Salvage and New science discoveries.

Finally, Five Years from now, both will merge after the Battle of Tukkayid.
When the Clans are merely a faction in the Inner Sphere. A balanced tech faction. Instead of an unbalancing Faction invading.

Any thoughts?

#473 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 04 April 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Then why can't Devastator toss Urbie??? :)

Urbie has no arms, just guns.. he is deficient in the limb department...

#474 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostOmigir, on 04 April 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

High levels in E-War will allow you to hack enemy mech's and stream Youtube MEMS into their HUD and your choice of Bagpipes and drums through their comm links.

(Mech computer voice) "Warning! Warning! you have just been rickrolled"

(yes I just rick rolled the thread)

Edited by Fetladral, 04 April 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#475 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostOmigir, on 04 April 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Urbie has no arms, just guns.. he is deficient in the limb department...

Poor Urbie. :)

#476 Zerik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 158 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

By 3058, the Word of Blake will reveal themselves as the toaster worshippers they are.
In 3059 they will declare themselves the Holy Order of Toast, and proceed to coat all of the streets of Terra in butter so invading 'Mechs slip and slide into buildings. Furthermore, they will build a 200 tonner in the shape of a quad-legged toaster, that will spout toast-shaped aerospace fighters armed primarily with air-to-mouth C.R.U.M.B. missiles.

Huh, I kinda want some toast now.

#477 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Toast sounds good. And I think there is some 300 ton mech though I don't know if it's cannon or not.

Somehow there will be a temporal distortion turning MWO into super robot wars and gundams and battlemechs will fight each other on the battlefield but the gundams can no longer fly and are constricted by the rules of BT allowing an atlas to beat the toast... I mean stuffing out of the RX-78.

This temporal distortion also allows the unseen to be in game in their original forms.

Look what you did Zerik you made people think about toast.

Edited by Fetladral, 04 April 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#478 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

I want a toastermech that looks like Tricia Helfer... :)

#479 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Mechlab = cake

#480 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts