Wild Speculation

769 replies to this topic

#581 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Every mech with a hand will have a mech sized nail gun to nail your enemies to the cliff face

#582 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostOmigir, on 24 April 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

SHEEP Super Heated Energy Echo (anti) Personnel ( repeating cannon gatling fragmentation nail gun)

I was going to go with Super High Energy Elemental Projector.

#583 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

My speculatoring for the day.

Commando Pilots will be forced to repeatedly shout "combat roll" when going above 75 kph.

FRR mechs will always be falling over due to the pilots being drunk so its really hard to hit them. Kinda the mech equivalent of drunken fist.

#584 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostRamien, on 24 April 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

I was going to go with Super High Energy Elemental Projector.

: \ I cant help but want to replace 'Elemental' with 'Urbanmech' due to the fact elementals are more sheep like then the battle armor. Not to mention that Elementals actually make me have some concern while I know that Urbanmechs are and will always be that goofy side kick that relies on luck and luck alone to do anything. One foot in front of the other? Flip a coin!

#585 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Right, but Elementals only weigh one metric ton, so the weapon can be used as either a one-shot or actually have ammo bays on heavier mechs.

#586 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

There is the Urbanmech loop hole where you can always stack an urbanmech inside another urbanmech. This means that each urban has at least one bullet for a SHEEP inside it, that just means you load one SHEEP onto each urbanmech and then you have infinite amo!

#587 SteelJaws

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 275 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

I speculate that when/if you have mech with a Flammer on it (flame thrower) you will speak as though you are wearing a rubber mask, and no one will be able to understand you.

#588 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Eventually there will be a surprise reveal where the Fire Starter battlemech is actually a girl.

#589 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Posted Image

#590 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

[REDACTED]
by [REDACTED] Apr 28, 2012 9:00 AM PDT -
Sat. Apr 28, 3049: WarTech Industries started field tests on the Athena ANA - 2B Battlemech today. Said to be the little sister to the atlas as well as never going to happen. So to much supprise and to many snarky remarks the poorly named former Industrial mech company has stated its intent start production before this time next year.

#591 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

sometimes randomly Jump On It by Apache will come on during a match and for the whole 3 minutes 47 seconds of the song all humanoid mechs wil do the dance to it. Of course this means that the Jenner, Raven, Catapult, (possibly dragon? I consider it humanoid enough) and any other non-humanoid mechs will be able to attack with impunity.

Edited by Fetladral, 28 April 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#592 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I think I just got scalped ^

#593 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Melee combat may, or may not, go something a bit like this;

http://www.wimp.com/japaneserobots/

#594 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

The MWO Clans will be established by finding and selecting Clan-oriented players found by the devs through deep research of NBT and MEKTEK forums and player stats back as far as 6 years. These players will be allowed to develop the Canon Clan Warrior force through replication of the BT Clan Warrior idiom to ensure that when the Clans do get launched, the experience for the IS will be "shock and awe". Not only the invading clans will be allowed to form, to facilitate their success, a Homeworlds server will be established in which ALL of the Clans can reinvestigate Clan society as it is in Canon, developing the skills, leadership and superiority the Clans have always been respected for. It is well known that all IS-oriented players hold the Clans in high regard, even if what they said whilst being pwned was contrary to that consideration.

Another hard-coded limitiation - no cross-teching permitted -- MWO will become Pure-tech only, meaning no clan tech makes it onto IS mechs and vice-versa.

#595 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

In the near future there will be a coalition of WoT and Battlestar Galactica Online which will mean that all Aerospace fighters will be Raptors, and all Tracked vehicles will be WWI and WWII Era WoT tanks.

#596 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Each in game faction will be controlled by one of the devs, who will be responsible for the strategic decisions for that faction. The devs' salaries will be tied to the fate of their faction, both in terms of number and quality of players attached to the faction, and in the number of systems controlled by the faction.

#597 Hayashi

Snowflake

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostRamien, on 30 April 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Each in game faction will be controlled by one of the devs, who will be responsible for the strategic decisions for that faction. The devs' salaries will be tied to the fate of their faction, both in terms of number and quality of players attached to the faction, and in the number of systems controlled by the faction.

And Paul will be in charge of the Draconis Combine... <_<

#598 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostHayashi, on 30 April 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

But then who's going to run Comstar?

#599 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostRamien, on 30 April 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Whoever heads the FRR is lucky for a year (if the FRR is going to be gone as a faction to belong too)

View PostHayashi, on 30 April 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

But Paul is Comstar; Comstar rules all. (except the Shieldwall for Resistance is futile)

#600 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostFetladral, on 30 April 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Whoever heads the FRR is lucky for a year (if the FRR is going to be gone as a faction to belong too)

Well, the FRR still has those 7 planets at the end of the Clan invasion. I think the lucky dev would be focusing on quality over quantity at that point... but enough of the mead tributes.

49 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users