Crescent Hawks

54 replies to this topic

#21 Ari

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationSUBASE NLON

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:31 AM

Good to know, thanks! I'll definitely touch up on some history reading when I get a chance.

#22 jakdethe

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

@ Hawkcrest, we don't have anywhere near a Regiment, IE 36 Mechs/Pilots. IF anything we're just above a lance and a half, so I'm expecting near Company sized force, IE I would be a Captain, and my X/O a Lieutenant. As far as history goes, being hired by Davion once, does not make us Davion affiliated. In universe our parent unit is the Kell Hounds, and they are Steiner affiliated, so we will be per canon.

#23 jakdethe

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

My apologies 36 would be a Battalion, 180 is a Regiment.

#24 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

View Postjakdethe, on 07 November 2011 - 07:11 AM, said:

@ Hawkcrest, we don't have anywhere near a Regiment, IE 36 Mechs/Pilots. IF anything we're just above a lance and a half, so I'm expecting near Company sized force, IE I would be a Captain, and my X/O a Lieutenant. As far as history goes, being hired by Davion once, does not make us Davion affiliated. In universe our parent unit is the Kell Hounds, and they are Steiner affiliated, so we will be per canon.

The Crescent Hawks were hired by Davion, many, many times along the Kuritan front,

The Crescent Hawks thus became a free, semi-independent mercenary unit within the Kell Hounds under Jason Youngblood's command and achieved considerable fame. In February 3030, Kurt Graham left the unit to start his own mercenary unit. In the War of 3039, Hanse Davion employed the Crescent Hawks in many attempts to reclaim planets from House Kurita. Rex Pearce retired after the war, but his daughter Jen later joined the Crescent Hawks.
In November 3051 the Crescent Hawks, by then already a company (12 'Mechs) in size, were recalled to Arc-Royal to receive training on new 'Mechs upgraded with rediscovered technology. After a very short time in training they were called into action with the Kell Hounds to participate in the defense of Luthien together with Wolf's Dragoons against the Clans.

In December 3051, the Kell Hounds' JumpShip used a Pirate Jump Point in the Clan-held system of Kaesong on its way to Luthien. While recharging their jump drive they received a distress message from the Blazing Aces, whose presence on the planet had been detected by second-line Clan units. The Crescent Hawks moved to the planet in a Union-class DropShip, but arrived too late to save the Aces, or the life of Gideon Braver. They resumed their journey and arrived at Luthien in January 3052, where they participated in the successful defense.

Toward the end of the Crescent Hawks life cycle they were deployed the clan front on Luthien alongside the Kell Hounds. In fact it looks like the Kells were working for Kurita, and The Crescent Hawks were reactivated to support Kuritan financial intrests along the Clan front, eventually leading to engagements against the word of Blake in the terran sector, so no you were not soley a Stiener house unit.

In 3072, the Kell Hounds were contacted for needed assistance by contacts of Chandrasekhar Kurita. They decided to reactive their independant company, the Crescent Hawks. Jason Youngblood, the last commander of the Crescent Hawks, declined to command the unit but suggest his son, Jeremiah Youngblood. In February, the unit deployed a full company of BattleMechs for destination not disclosed to the public.[

#25 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

The Hounds also played a crucial role during the Battle of Luthien, where Clans Smoke Jaguar and Nova Cat attempted to decapitate the Draconis Combine in one fell swoop. During that battle, the Hounds along side Wolf's Dragoons and elite units of the Combine helped turn the invaders from the Draconis Combine's capital. Following that battle, Coordinator Takashi Kurita rescinded his "Death to Mercenaries" order

This event was indirectly created by the Crescent Hawks based on the history, so like I said you need to read up a bit...the Kells are certainly affiliated with Stiener, and initially so were the Hawks, but in the end they were fighting along side and for Kurita elements

Edited by Hawkcrest, 07 November 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#26 Sid Rood

• Pip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

Leave these poor guys alone, Hawk.

View PostHawkcrest, on 07 November 2011 - 04:56 AM, said:

Jakdethe, if ari is to be your Xo, you need to consider that your minimum rank as the lead of a Regiment would be Lt. Colonel, so he would be a Major or a Captain. tsk tsk tsk, comeon fellas

#27 jakdethe

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

Fantastic, I know all of this... The events you stated occurred post 3049, the release of THIS game, and you sited, mostly, if not only Kurita specific employment. Should we be a Kuritan unit then? Also I never said the Crescent Hawks were SOLELY House Steiner, I just said we would affiliate as such, per canon, which they were 3049 and back. In fact they, like the Kell Hounds were created by the Archon of House Steiner. In fact more interestingly they were once a LCAF unit, but were later allowed to be mercenaries after their service.

#28 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:55 AM

Bah, House Kurita is where its at Dethe, down with Stiener Scum, and belive me, given that my orginal unit was the Crescent Hawks...hence my name ;-) if your working for stiener I will see to it the House Kurita Mercenary Kill order is directed right on you in perfect Battletech Cannon ;-) If your not working for us then we will crush you...

Edited by Hawkcrest, 08 November 2011 - 07:55 AM.

#29 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

Don't worry CH's there are bigger guns around that you don't need to fear HK so much. Apache Division and Black Hearts shoved Kuritas tail so far up in em during 3025 they could not make progress into Steiner space until we both took some time off, how fickle peoples memories are. Black Hearts never lost one major engagement in 3025 against anyone and beat every command lance into dust quite readily.

#30 jakdethe

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

Well Starkiller, good to know we have friends. We got your backs if you got ours.

#31 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

View PostStarkiller, on 08 November 2011 - 08:30 AM, said:

Don't worry CH's there are bigger guns around that you don't need to fear HK so much. Apache Division and Black Hearts shoved Kuritas tail so far up in em during 3025 they could not make progress into Steiner space until we both took some time off, how fickle peoples memories are. Black Hearts never lost one major engagement in 3025 against anyone and beat every command lance into dust quite readily.

Bull ****, the only thing that saved you was Tarl making a deal with you for us to back off and hit Davion. You apparently forget that I come from the Mechwarrior Genre, and we were the 1st PH in 3025, when my boys and I moved to engage you on the stiner front we took it all the way to Tharkad, the onlything that saved you was you made a truce.

Edited by Hawkcrest, 08 November 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#32 jakdethe

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

Well that is all fine and dandy Hawkcrest, now could you stop flaming our Recruitment thread?

#33 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

View PostHawkcrest, on 08 November 2011 - 11:14 AM, said:

Bull ****, the only thing that saved you was Tarl making a deal with you for us to back off and hit Davion. You apparently forget that I come from the Mechwarrior Genre, and we were the 1st PH in 3025, when my boys and I moved to engage you on the stiner front we took it all the way to Tharkad, the onlything that saved you was you made a truce.

Hate to break it to ya pal, but that never happened until they had already announced the game was going to be shut down so at the very least the Black Hearts and if I am not mistaken most of Apache Division moved back to MW4. While both our units were fully active we curb stomped Marik, Liao and Kurita everyday. When we all logged at night you guys had some late night campers that would afk camp planets while we were sleeping and by the end of the night we would have all of them back and pushed deep into Marik and Kurita space again while there were actually players on, lol.

Yeah CHs, we got your backs! Mercs 4 Life!

PS BH had the first earned heavy in the game and we never got pushed back to Tharkad while BH and AD forces were active in the field.

Edited by Starkiller, 09 November 2011 - 03:48 AM.

#34 Vaquero

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationUrbana IL, United States

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:34 AM

I would also be interested in joining the Crescent Hawks. As a forewarning, I can't really claim to have any serious knowledge of the Battletech universe or of the Mechwarrior games. I've played a couple demos of the tabletop game, I've only recently started playing MW4, and just for added measure I've begun watching the cartoon series.

Like I said, I'm no seasoned veteran, just a greenhorn looking to join up with a Merc Corp that will have me.

#35 jakdethe

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

You're welcome here Vaquero. If you are interested in the Universe sarna.net is great place to start.

#36 rooivalk

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

Rooivalk reporting.

Well, I'll admit, I'm a newbie to this game, so I might not be too much help at first, but may I request that you overlook my faults and let me join? I would love to be part of such a good sounding group.

#37 jakdethe

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

Good to have you on board, I'll be making a roster some time this week, and hopefully an off-site place we can communicate and get things running.

*** Point of Edit

After reviewing requests, we have two lances if everyone interested joins.

*** End of Edit

Edited by jakdethe, 10 November 2011 - 07:11 AM.

#38 rooivalk

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

Woo! I'm in, definitely. Actually, I think my name kinda fits the group - it's Swahili for Red Kestrel.

#39 jakdethe

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

Nice choice, where'd you get it from?

#40 S4W4T0

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:57 AM

View Postjakdethe, on 09 November 2011 - 07:02 PM, said:

- cut -

After reviewing requests, we have two lances if everyone interested joins.

I'll be sure in, no other alliegiances!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users