Developer Interview 4: Omid Kiarostami, Thad Jantzi, Kevin Meek

Official

65 replies to this topic

#61 Trialer19

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

OMG! I just know that this game is still in proccessing. I was wondering how could I download this game. -.-'

#62 Marvin Byrd

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

When is mwo coming out? I must know!!!

#63 FFOman

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPa.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

Having just heard about MechWarriors Online yesterday I've got a lot of catching up to do, but I wanted to say that this is what I've been waiting for since Mercs went the way of the other Samurai. I'm an old Hippy and I guess a little set in my ways because no other PC game has yet to provide me with the thrills and chills I experianced back when I was a member of a local Wolf Clan. Kudos to all who are working on this and I can't wait to jump in the cockpit and start blowing the rest of this grand community up! <g>
BTW...my name happens to be Robert Meek, and though now living in the cultural wasteland known as Pottsville, lost within the hills of Pa's appalachians, I was born and lived on the West coast for most of my life. I'm also a programmer and photographer...freelance...after being educated at USC as an Architecture & Fine arts major!
In any event, I don't want to end up fighting over which of us is going to end up inheriting the earth, so lets you and I battle it out in our Mechs once you've got things up and running. We might find that we have even more in common than the obvious! Looking foreward to it!

#64 heavyline

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

interesting topic I like the game however im a fan of all of the mech warrior games and I so miss the 90 ton maurader it was my favorit having the ability for 12 lasers was simply amazing. I remember MW3 I 6 on each side with the rest of the slots with double heat sinks witch were actuall double heat sinks not tripple heat sinks. Witch leads me to my biggest beef with this version of mechwarrior. heat generated by energy weapons is sevear and rightfully so . But why is it that a lrm 20 produces the same amount of heat as a med pulse laser according to the stats but yet lrm20 brings it down .15 and mpl drops it .20and both are heat rating of 6 so is it 6 or it 15 or is it 20 . And that leads me to heat sinks double heat sinks or triple heat sinks I mean this is the only version of MW that a single heat sink takes up 1 slot where as a double heat sink takes up 3. The original board type game double heat sinks were 2 slots MW2 MW3 MW merc were 2 slots and the ratio was way better as well essintally double heat sinks would dissapate 3times as much heat as a single heat sinks but it weighed 3 tons and took up 2slots. I know its your game but the way your scale is set it puts energy weapons at a serious handycap in my opinion

#65 costi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Do your reading - Inner Sphere DHS were always 3 slots. The Clan version was 2 slots.

#66 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

I have to admit, I enjoy reading these. Looking forward to more DEV interviews on where they are going in the next 6 months.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users