Soundtrack Suggestion

3 replies to this topic

#1 lyrian davion

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

Just popping in to say that I am psyched for MWO! As Battletech is one of my favorite gaming franchises, the thought of another Mechwarrior gives me hope for the future of gaming.

Take it or leave it Piranha, but I think it would gain you the endearment of classic Mechwarrior fans everywhere if you were able to remix some of the tracks from the old games. The thought of hearing my mech start up with Pyre Light in the background, or overheating from a PPC salvo to Iron Piston would be a dream come true.

I'm sure there would most likely be complications in getting the liscensing from Activision or whatever, but thought I'd throw it out there for the community to toss around.

Excited to see more! Thanks for revitalizing a franchise I had thought may be gone.

Edited by lyrian davion, 09 February 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#2 Azalie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 341 posts
  • LocationThe Warp

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Rip the soundtrack from Doom and Doom II and that will work fine.

#3 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

I think you should get Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, the Yoshida Brothers and Simon and Garfunkle.

Seriously.

#4 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

The kind of music you need to depict the titanic struggle that is 'Mech combat? Wagner.

Plenty of games have crappy techno or buttmetal - none of them let you break the enemy line while listening to Götterdammerung.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users