MechWarrior Online PAX News

30 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Mech-stravaganza at PAX This Week!

Infinite Game Publishing Gives You Plenty of Options for Getting Hands on MechWarrior Online, MechWarrior Tactics and Fans Can Get Up Close and Personal with Developers of Sins of a Dark Age

MONTREAL – AUGUST 27, 2012 -- Fans looking to go hands-on with Infinite Game Publishing (IGP) games or get in front of developers behind the upcoming MechWarrior Online, MechWarrior Tactics and Sins of a Dark Age have several ways to do so as IGP announces details on its PAX Prime participation this year. Hands-on demos, panels and exclusive Q&A session details for the games are below.

Fans seeking gameplay demos for MechWarrior Online, MechWarrior Tactics can do so at this week’s PAX Prime in two different booths:

Hands-on gameplay: Very limited, first come, first served access to MechWarrior Online and MechWarrior Tactics are available during PAX show hours (with some minor exceptions, as other activities will be taking place in this room).

Where: Catalyst Labs gives fans a chance to go head-to-head in epic matches with MechWarrior Online and MechWarrior Tactics, on the 2nd floor in Catalyst Games Labs Room #213.

Additionally, MechWarrior Online is playable in the NVIDIA booth #3747.

And for fans looking to get up close and personal with today’s most innovative developers in the strategy genre, check out two of IGP’s developers in this do-not-miss strategy panel:

Panel, “Thinking Tactically: The New Strategy Games”: This panel pulls together leads from four of the biggest strategy games of this year covering PC to console that are pushing the strategy genre forward to new heights. Lead producers from Trion Worlds/Petroglyph Games’ End of Nations, Ironclad Games’ Sins of a Dark Age and Roadhouse Interactive’s MechWarrior Tactics gather on stage to discuss the evolution of tactical gaming in a panel hosted by Quarter to Three’s legendary Tom Chick.

When: Sunday, 9/2 from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Where: Wolfman Theater URL: http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/thinking-tactically-the-new-strategy-games

Developer interviews, other requests: Unfortunately, the developer teams’ time is limited during the show. Please feel free to contact us with your questions and requests and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Fans looking to get their Q&A on can do so with Catalyst Games Labs:

MechWarrior Tactics Q&A

Where: Second Floor, Room 213 When: Friday, August 31st: 4:00-5:00 PM Who: Chris Cleroux and James Romanchuk Saturday, September 1st: 4:00-5:00 PM Sunday, September 2nd: 11:00 AM-12:00 PM MechWarrior Online Q&A Where: Second Floor, Room 213 When: Saturday, September 1st: 5:00-6:00 PM Who: Russ Bullock and Bryan Ekman

Q&A Note: All in-room gaming will stop during all Q&As, including the Shadowrun Returns Q&As.

For more information on these games please visit the following URLs:

MechWarrior Online: www.mwomercs.com MechWarrior Tactics: www.mwtactics.com Sins of a Dark Age: www.soada.com Cheers, The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

I hope you guys have some good news and new content to show at PAX (new battlemech, new videos, open beta announcement?)

Edited by Redshift2k5, 27 August 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#3 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Good, I was just about to ask...

But have you been getting the word out around Seattle? I noticed this weekend that one of your 'competitors' had already been out flyering... Ballard Ave. (of all places...)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Gendou

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

With such a heavy presence at PAX, is it possible we'll see THE SIXTEENTH announced there?

#5 trycksh0t

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Was wondering if there would be a PAX appearance, that answers that. Good luck up there, show everyone why BattleTech and MechWarrior will always be the premiere 'Mech combat experience.

And the Hawken thing, seriously? That's not a war machine, it looks like someone strapped a bunch of junk to one of those single-person submersibles...

Oh, I get it. It's a salvage vehicle that uses high-powered electromagnets to pick up battlefield scrap. Everything sticks to the exterior so when it gets to the yard it can just drop it all in a big pile.

#6 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hawken can burn! Its like a bad old N64 game!

#7 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'll be there. Ready and waiting!

P.S. PLEASE HAVE **** FOR ME TO BUY!

Edited by shadowvfx, 27 August 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#8 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

I'm looking forward to it. It's great to hear of the Q&A on Saturday.

- Garg.

#9 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

Good luck PGI. ;)

#10 Johannes Falkner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 442 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

So, for those with PAX BYOC passes (people lucky enough to get into PAX with their computers) will the beta confidentiality restrictions be rescinded/ignored for us (them) to play MWO in BYOC?

#11 CrushU

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hawken is geared towards the FPS crowd it looks like;
The gameplay video showed pretty much no tactical combat, all just 'point at guy, hold button down' for the most part.

MechWarrior Online will be fine, it's not even directly competing with us.

#12 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

Don't care, want battlemech 16.

#13 Grayson Ward

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 27 August 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

Mech-stravaganza at PAX This Week!

lol BAD mistake :)
As you should know, the word "stravag" is a clan curse/insult. "stran" means independent and "vagon" means birthing, that's where it comes from.

So, "Mech-stravaganza at PAX This Week!" really gets a new meaning :)

Edited by Grayson Ward, 27 August 2012 - 09:33 PM.

#14 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

View PostGrayson Ward, on 27 August 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

lol BAD mistake :)
As you should know, the word "stravag" is a clan curse/insult. "stran" means independent and "vagon" means birthing, that's where it comes from.

So, "Mech-stravaganza at PAX This Week!" really gets a new meaning :)

Who cares what yo clanners be thinkin', dude? Git back to yer cluster and be trainin' yer superior skillZ 'n stuff, know what I'm sayin'?
:P
Besides that, great been looking forward for some PAX news, let em roll!
~S~
Daniel

#15 Wyg

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

I hope You turn on cry engine 3 full potential and crush those misserable hawken piece of junk even on gfx field.. Gameplay already has this "something" what was seen in dark ages of amiga/pc old games - don't mess that up :)
Cheers, wyg

#16 Name48928

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCoMo

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 27 August 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

Hands-on gameplay: Very limited, first come, first served access to MechWarrior Online and MechWarrior Tactics are available during PAX show hours (with some minor exceptions, as other activities will be taking place in this room).

Are visitors expected to sign an NDA before enjoying "hands-on gameplay"?

#17 Mantiis

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

They should have tried to get booth # 3049

#18 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

Okay, srsly...
As part of your european fans I feel somewhat excluded.
All those events being hosted in the US.... well too bad you guys are from Canada but you had the chance to do something for us too, IGP was listed as a publisher at gamescom, yet only in the business area, that part of the convention the normal crowd has no access to...

I'm not complaining about not getting the chance to play it there, because I obviously can already, I understand that it's still in beta and maybe not ready to be showcased yet. Then again you're showcasing it on every chance you get in the US, but when you're actually here, nothing...........

I'm really not trying to make this sound like a rant, but you had the chance to do something for your European fans and you let it slide... There are European Gamers who have waited for a new Mechwarrior just as long as the fans in America...
Sry, I just don't get it... It's awesome to see all those events taking place in the US, really shows that you are willing to interact with your fan-base, yet it seems that the existence of a European fan-base hasn't really been acknowledged yet.

I know it's not easy to be everywhere and I'm not asking for much...
Something, anything at least...
Just to show us that you realize, we're out here, just as excited about this game as everyone else is...

#19 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Well, if i had a little extra cash to throw around, I'd be driving up to Montreal this weekend! Then back to Rhode Island before classes start on Tuesday. >.< Ah well, as long as someone gets the interviews on video, and the announcements get good coverage here.

#20 Kain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationZenith-Jumppoint, Tukayyid

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

yeah good news :)
also really interested in Mw tactics.

And seriously Hawken?, if you see gameplayvideos it is just a whole crazy flea circus, unoriginal mech designs jumping around with jumpjets...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users