30 replies to this topic

#21 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostKain, on 28 August 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

And seriously Hawken?, if you see gameplayvideos it is just a whole crazy flea circus, unoriginal mech designs jumping around with jumpjets...

Wow, way to judge a videogame without even playing it...
As for unoriginal mech-design... What? I for one haven't seen mechs like that anywhere yet.

Either way, I got to play it at gamescom this year, and it's freaking awesome, very fast paced and intuitive, yet you still get the impression of piloting a mech, they really nailed what they set out to do.
That said, it's not going to be able to compete with MWO... seems like a contradiction, but all MWO and Hawken have in common is the theme of mech-combat, aside of that they are two fundamentally different games.
MWO is what you'd expect from a mechsim, Hawken is more like UT in mechs with JJs, they couldn't be further apart so I doubt there will be any competition between them in the first place.
With that in mind MWO is going to be for the people liking the simaspect of this genre, while Hawken is going to cater more to this generation of FPS-player. Whichever group you're a part of, you should try the other game as well if you aren't too prejudiced to try something new once in a while... B)

I for one am almost certain that MWO and Hawken will be able to coexist. The one will be pretty much a sim in a deep and rich universe that has existed for a few decades, the other one fast paced mech-action in a completely new universe ready to be discovered.
So, we've got the sim-crowd covered, we've got the action-crowd covered and for everyone in who can enjoy both, there's two great games coming this year! :angry:

#22 Khaarne

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 35 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUkraine, Kiev, Obolon

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

Давайте ребята!! У вас все получиться! :D

Hawken arcade

Edited by Khaarne, 29 August 2012 - 03:56 AM.

#23 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 28 August 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Okay, srsly...
As part of your european fans I feel somewhat excluded.
Then again you're showcasing it on every chance you get in the US, but when you're actually here, nothing...
I'm really not trying to make this sound like a rant, but you had the chance to do something for your European fans and you let it slide... There are European Gamers who have waited for a new Mechwarrior just as long as the fans in America...

Perhaps you missed it that IGP (which means MWO as one of their platforms) was at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany this year.

#24 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostGargoyleKDR, on 29 August 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

Perhaps you missed it that IGP (which means MWO as one of their platforms) was at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany this year.

You should have read my post more carefully because I already mentioned that they were there... Just because you didn't quote those parts doesn't mean they don't exist in my original post...
They were at gamescom and I was there too, the only problem was that they were in the business-area only and normal visitors didn't have access to that area... They only showed their products (MWO & MWT & SoDA) to other companies and/or investors, thus the lack of info about IGP at gamescom, because they didn't show anything to the public...

Edited by Sesambrot, 29 August 2012 - 07:46 AM.

#25 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

I wonder what those joystick Canadian's had to say about where is the joystick and they say a few updates away, I heard that weeks ago. I think its time that they make a full disclosure about joysticks before I spend one more cent. I Demand it sometime this week If they cant say then they are Lying even the USA M1A2 tank uses a joystick and big airliners new ones and being retro fitted with them. Unmaned land sear or are using joysticks now. No mech or tank has ever run without a joysticknow. Oh Tank battle or something is using keyboard no joy well that another over 100 they lost and for one then there are many many more. Who is making this played all the Mech games with a keyboard . Then he would have been an awful. Numnuts would not have lived long enough to even know what was going on.

Shotokan5 If you have the intestional fortude to email me . Oh you all want to PC games compete against console games. Great lets not even use a JoyStick that will impress the customers. Tanks is a nice 9cDX game but they are no smarter than you are. When they add air they are using keyboards youbet not.

Lets be better than the hottest game onling right now. Give us something that will bring many of those tankers to us evedn wwII Used leavers two which like a joystick could turn on it own axis. Boy have we advanced. If you guys had had really played this game you would not have even come out of alpha with out those controls.

Well they are making one for you guess thats when we will have it then. O we go to Canada and tell them how great what they don't use joysticks? Get your behind back to Snow land and get to work the game will sell itstlf if you take care of important factors on what an online game work.

I could telll you them them. But that would take away all the fun of figuring it out .

This game has the potential to be a great online game and make lots of money.

Wake and see what is going on no more than 2000 on a server? 3025 played over 50,,000 at a time and EA killed it/.. Hmm there P+L are lowering I wonder but they are saved by console games.

If I did not love this game I would not say anything but even MW by microsoft had enough brains to use joysticks. Now thats sad.

Shotokan5

I would be happy to tell the President of the company face to face any time. But no put on a show in Canada instead of getting the game ready I promise it will sell itsellf . If made even to the standards of MW which any person after 10 years should put to shame. If you need me I work free.

I had to re-edite this post because many words would be used in the second grade in school. Were changed to ******; I guess they do not want to take the heat and does in no way reflect on players who use M+K I have known many that were great.. But the right joystick hmm is heard to beat.

Edited by shotokan5, 03 September 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#26 Inspect Her Gadget

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

just registered how the **** do i start playing?

#27 Ulysses Jacobi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBelingham, WA

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Speaking as one of the Catalyst Demo Team members that were running Battletech boardgame demos the whole weekend, I can say that the monitors always had humans behind them, and the response from the people I talked to about their experience of the game was overwhelming, most of the people wearing Hawken shirts were blown away.

What a great convention!

Edited by Ulysses Jacobi, 06 September 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#28 Warlune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...13-panel-video/

video here

#29 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostWarlune, on 25 March 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

wow nice necro on a year old thread.

#30 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostWarlune, on 25 March 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

yet where's the information from PGI themselves?

No command chair

No announcements

Nothing other than customers with "quotes" and videos. Where's PGI?

#31 Augustus Martelus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Canada

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Damn yeah Montreal! In my City! B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users