Take me to your leader

28 replies to this topic

#21 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostHanse Sandoval, on 20 March 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

K, so... that a "no, seek help elsewhere"?

You have to keep in mind that what we got so far in terms of info on how the factions/houses will be fleshed out, amounts pretty much to zero. A mischievious mind could speculate that PGI doesn't have that clear an idea about it either yet. :D It's pretty symptomathic IMHO that there seem to be way more open questions/vague ideas than hard facts about MWO. I somewhat expect the whole "faction thing" to either become gradually fleshed out in beta or even after launch only.

On a more humorous note, as House Marik/the FWL is infamous for their love of infighting (in the background lore), any prospective "leader" will probably have to brace himself for a couple of civil wars right away! :wacko:

#22 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:20 AM

Actually we do know the most important thing, that players will not be running the Houses or the faction units.

#23 Hanse Sandoval

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

I mean, I fully agree that we dont know much, but I do believe we know enough. Look at other House forums. They all seem to be organising, based only on this knowledge:

Gaining ranks earns special privileges and items, including membership to special units, unit skins, and bonuses to C-Bills and XP.
(from dev blog on community warfare) Meaning we will be able to join house units.

[BRYAN] As part of ranking up players will be able to join faction units. Post launch we will support the ability for players to create their own faction units.
(from Q&A on community warfare) Meaning someday we will be able to creat our own units.

Even if PG doesnt have that whole thing down pat yet, they've felt confident enough to release that small amount of information. Sure its subject to change, but there will be house units, just like there were in other games. That seems to be enough to have drawn people out of the woodwork elsewhere to start units.
Davion: http://mwomercs.com/...s-unit-meeting/
Kurita: http://mwomercs.com/...up-and-running/
Steiner:http://mwomercs.com/...giment-listing/

So, and the lack of a concrete answer in the thread so far has essentially already answered the question for me, is there a Marik unit?

#24 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostHanse Sandoval, on 22 March 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

[...]
So, and the lack of a concrete answer in the thread so far has essentially already answered the question for me, is there a Marik unit?

Not trying to be deliberately snotty here, but sheesh, that's quite obvious on the first forum page in this subforum:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/2793-free-worlds-league-player-units/

Don't even have to use the search function for this. :lol: Personally I'll just wait what we will effectively get once the game goes live/beta. So not going to commit to a unit before that and end up with a bunch of separatist Andurien rabble eventually. :P

#25 Hanse Sandoval

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Yeah, believe it or not I had read that. Lots of people added their units to the list, it just seems like they exist only as concepts. No worries. I was really just hoping for a group to play with and get to know before launch, because I felt that organisation beforehand would give us an even playing field with the other houses who are doing so.

Of course, since the main reason I joined Marik was to be an underdog, perhaps that was counterproductive to begin with lol.

Also, don't worry, you didn't sound snotty or anything. I've been the 1000+ poster talking sense to the new guy in other forums before, so no big deal. Can't wait to kill stuff alongside you, good sir.

#26 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

From what I've gathered from the limited amount of stuff that I've read on the forums and dev blogs, is that no single person will have control of the House. Whether or not that will change down the road who's to say, but, they did mention that some higher ranked pilots might have a hand in what planets are attacked or where units are allocated to.

As far as in-House units are concerned, I don't believe initially we will be put in a unit, it will be more of a "You're FWL, you're DC, etc...". Possibly it could be an all encompassing unit such as the Marik Militia or FW Legionaires. Once we start levelling up then we can start choosing specific units once we get to know our fellow House pilots.

Hopefully they will have a "friend" system set up so we'll have the ability to know when pilots we like to drop with are online. All in all I think the unit system is just for cosmetic purposes and bragging rights. You don't have to be in a certain unit to drop with another FWL pilot but it would help classify them for ease of identification.

#27 Vincent J Magnum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 131 posts
  • LocationRegulus

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

View PostShoveI, on 22 March 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

From what I've gathered from the limited amount of stuff that I've read on the forums and dev blogs, is that no single person will have control of the House. Whether or not that will change down the road who's to say, but, they did mention that some higher ranked pilots might have a hand in what planets are attacked or where units are allocated to.

As far as in-House units are concerned, I don't believe initially we will be put in a unit, it will be more of a "You're FWL, you're DC, etc...". Possibly it could be an all encompassing unit such as the Marik Militia or FW Legionaires. Once we start levelling up then we can start choosing specific units once we get to know our fellow House pilots.

Hopefully they will have a "friend" system set up so we'll have the ability to know when pilots we like to drop with are online. All in all I think the unit system is just for cosmetic purposes and bragging rights. You don't have to be in a certain unit to drop with another FWL pilot but it would help classify them for ease of identification.

That would make sense Shovel, use the traditional unit based on the existing House units of TT and lore. Considering though that the FWL and House Marik doesnt have much of a presence in some of the lore of at least the boks the core units may be based on the TT game. If Im wrong feel free to correct me lol.

#28 AuGuR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Basically saying, there are many old-timers around, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were all around together at the same time. Some started w/ Genie, Other's w/ Kesmai-Gamestorm, and many more from league-type play. So till we know more of in-game CoC structure, we won't know much about out-of-game structure. (We like knowing, not speculating ;oP).

Once we have more info, and even a (hopefully) working beta to see how it's ("slowly") coming together, we'll know more of the House structure.

Since your question seems a bit two-fold, meaning command and gameplay being indicated; the second half about gameplay can be answered as follows:

Figured a culmination of multiple games (all previously released MW titles), throw in skill advancement and mech-based role-warfare, and even some table-top stuff, and you'll have what the game is looking to be. Looking for tutiledge at this point for in-game mechanics is a bit early =/

#29 Vincent J Magnum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 131 posts
  • LocationRegulus

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

In essence .................... to early to tell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users