Unsure about investing

30 replies to this topic

#21 Nakuru

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationEating bacon under a bridge

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

View Postchuggie, on 30 August 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

after playing MWO i wouldnt waste my money buying a founders pack with comments like

"Massive dissapointment with everything from graphics to firing mechanics to **** FPS on all but the highest end machines to general dis-satisfaction with the engine the game is built in have all been overheard on my clan's teamspeak. Unless MASSIVE changes are made, I don't see MWO taking us away from world of tanks."

and compared to Mechwarrior Living Legends the game needs a lot of work.......it looks and plays like an alpha not a beta.
check around on the net for videos players have posted and you will see what i mean

First off, have you even played the game to know what it plays like?

Secondly, when people over-generalize when they complain about the game, I get the feeling that they hate it more because they suck at it rather than have real complaints. People tend to look for faults when they aren't good at something. Try paying attention to people who can give you some specific examples of why they think it's bad before deciding if it's a waste of time.

Oh wait, that'd breach the NDA, wouldn't it?

In other words....

You should probably disregard the people who say how bad it is because they probably haven't even gotten to play it. Saying what's good or bad regarding playing it anywhere other than the beta forums is a breach of the NDA. It's not likely that anyone complaining about it has actually played it, and the ones that have I'd wager just suck too badly in the beta that they want to complain and don't care about the NDA or being allowed to play in the future.

So rather than paying attention to those comments....use your own judgement. It's what you'd end up doing in the end anyway if you're smart.

#22 Zytic

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

If you can not wait for the open beta just drop $30 and give it a try. If you can not afford $30 when you are not sure but want your mech fix just download the free version of MW4 and go at it, or even better, get a discount copy of of Crysis Maximum edition or Crysis Warhead to get Crysis Wars and download the MWLL mod (check youtube for vids) for free. That will tide you over for sure until MWO goes open beta.

#23 Freeride Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

View Postchuggie, on 30 August 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

after playing MWO i wouldnt waste my money buying a founders pack with comments like

"Massive dissapointment with everything from graphics to firing mechanics to **** FPS on all but the highest end machines to general dis-satisfaction with the engine the game is built in have all been overheard on my clan's teamspeak. Unless MASSIVE changes are made, I don't see MWO taking us away from world of tanks."

and compared to Mechwarrior Living Legends the game needs a lot of work.......it looks and plays like an alpha not a beta.
check around on the net for videos players have posted and you will see what i mean

Huh? After playing it? You have 3 posts in the forum, no Founder Pack, but you've played it? Does your daddy work for Adhesive Games or did you mistakenly think that MechWarrior is Call on Douches with robots?

Edited by Freeride Forever, 30 August 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#24 Freeride Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

MW4? Micro**** bought FASA Interactive then took MW, stuffed it in their mouth, ran it through their digestive system, taking out much of the best stuff & **** out the rest with a price tag on it. MW3 was my first & best MW experience, & I think PGI is on track to change that. MW4 was entertaining, I just wouldn't call it MechWarrior. It didn't "feel" like MechWarrior. MWO "feels" like MechWarrior because MWO is MechWarrior.

#25 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostAsgeir, on 30 August 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

I have to say, I completely disagree with the thought that the variants provided by the Legendary pack are trash. With the appropriate upgrades, any variant can be used with great success. That is the mark of a good pilot, and a good technician. The variants provided will work, you just need to tweak them to your personal play style.

I'm not going to stomp on the NDA with details on this forum, but they are, seriously.

#26 SmokeyKilla

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostFreeride Forever, on 30 August 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Huh? After playing it? You have 3 posts in the forum, no Founder Pack, but you've played it? Does your daddy work for Adhesive Games or did you mistakenly think that MechWarrior is Call on Douches with robots?

yeah on my mates account,he bought a founders pack......im happy that i got to play it before i wasted my money. I believe they should have realeased beta at a later date because at the moment it is extremely disappointing in all respects

Edited by chuggie, 30 August 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#27 Nakuru

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

View Postchuggie, on 30 August 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

yeah on my mates account,he bought a founders pack......im happy that i got to play it before i wasted my money. I believe they should have realeased beta at a later date because at the moment it is extremely disappointing in all respects

Also keep in mind that it's currently in BETA. Not a pre-release, but bug and feature testing phase. It's by no means the full game, but a period of testing what works and what doesn't as well as adding in features bit by bit and testing them out. Part of the point of it is to tell the company what's working, what isn't, and what needs to be improved. If something isn't working the way you want it and you're in the beta, TELL THEM WHAT'S WRONG. Don't just complain about how bad it is. That's just being an ill-informed *****. They aren't showing you how the full game is, but showing you what they have SO FAR.

I'm not telling you that you should buy the Founder's pack. That's entirely up to you. I'm just telling you that you're completely missing the point of what a beta is at this point. It's not a pre-release version, and it's not even open beta. Closed beta generally means the game isn't finished and they are still building the game. And that's exactly what this is.

Oh, and you just violated the NDA with your last post. Not that you care, clearly.

#28 SmokeyKilla

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostNakuru, on 30 August 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

Also keep in mind that it's currently in BETA. Not a pre-release, but bug and feature testing phase. It's by no means the full game, but a period of testing what works and what doesn't as well as adding in features bit by bit and testing them out. Part of the point of it is to tell the company what's working, what isn't, and what needs to be improved. If something isn't working the way you want it and you're in the beta, TELL THEM WHAT'S WRONG. Don't just complain about how bad it is. That's just being an ill-informed *****. They aren't showing you how the full game is, but showing you what they have SO FAR.

I'm not telling you that you should buy the Founder's pack. That's entirely up to you. I'm just telling you that you're completely missing the point of what a beta is at this point. It's not a pre-release version, and it's not even open beta. Closed beta generally means the game isn't finished and they are still building the game. And that's exactly what this is.

Oh, and you just violated the NDA with your last post. Not that you care, clearly.

seriously have you not looked on the net......NDA .....lmao there are 100's of posts, videos, cracked accounts,screenshots on the net at the moment ......the beta game is not up to scratch its not even a alpha version ....... and what you payed money for mechs that can be easily beaten by a 5 year old in a upgraded mech.....lol.......and i never agreed to a NDA anyway so i can say/show whatever i want

#29 Asgeir

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 73 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostBluten, on 30 August 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

I'm not going to stomp on the NDA with details on this forum, but they are, seriously.

I would still disagree. My stats are indicitive of being able to win with founders variants.

#30 Nakuru

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

View Postchuggie, on 30 August 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

seriously have you not looked on the net......NDA .....lmao there are 100's of posts, videos, cracked accounts,screenshots on the net at the moment ......the beta game is not up to scratch its not even a alpha version ....... and what you payed money for mechs that can be easily beaten by a 5 year old in a upgraded mech.....lol.......and i never agreed to a NDA anyway so i can say/show whatever i want

All I see from you is a crybaby who thinks he tried the game and just sucked at it.

#31 Razor Kotovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 754 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRussian Death Legion, Golden Lion lance lieutenant

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostCoaxill, on 28 August 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

I'm a major fan of mechwarrior and battletech
>unsure about sparing 30$ for the first mechwarrior in almost a decade

idgi

Edited by Razor Kotovsky, 01 September 2012 - 04:21 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users