What to do on March 5th

14 replies to this topic

#1 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDanielsville, Georgia

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

I've read and enjoyed the GDC countdown thread here and i wanted to make this a separate thread for anybody else wondering the same thing:

I've heard that something about MWO will be released. Perhaps something like a screenshot or mabye a trailer, i don't have a clue. But if some new info is released, since mwomercs.com is the MAIN website for MWO do i just login to mwomercs.com on March 5th to find out whatever is released at the GDC or am i pretty much out of luck since i simply cannot attend the GDC?

Just curious. :)

#2 $imon Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 272 posts
  • LocationYour sisters house eating her cookie & drinking her milk

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostXxDRxDEATHxX, on 13 February 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

I've read and enjoyed the GDC countdown thread here and i wanted to make this a separate thread for anybody else wondering the same thing:

I've heard that something about MWO will be released. Perhaps something like a screenshot or mabye a trailer, i don't have a clue. But if some new info is released, since mwomercs.com is the MAIN website for MWO do i just login to mwomercs.com on March 5th to find out whatever is released at the GDC or am i pretty much out of luck since i simply cannot attend the GDC?

Just curious. :)

what the hell is GDC ?

#3 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Game Developers Conerence. It's when a bunch of info for MWO is supposed to be released. Possibly screenshots, videos, beta info as well, but it's not confirmed what exactly.

My second son is due March 8th. Just hoping he holds out until AFTER any MWO goodness is released.

I have my priorities straight!

Edited by Helmer, 13 February 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#4 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

oh, another question i forgot to ask is this: If there's some kind of lecture and/or the trailer/screenshots are released for the first time at the GDC will there be a live internet feed that i can log into and watch? Just curious because there's a pastor's school(i'm a baptist) up in hammond indiana that around 9,000 people show up from all over the United States and other countries as far as India and i can never afford to go but i always get to login to the conference's website and watch it live for free. :)

Would be cool if i do something like that for the GDC. i would even be wiling to pay to watch online just to see other people's reactions to watching a trailer of MWO for the first time...when it is actually released for the first time. yeah i'm that big of a MW fan! WOOT

Edited by XxDRxDEATHxX, 13 February 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#5 Opus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Man . . . .

this thread is almost unfair, HA!

it makes March 5th a target date, for either apocalyptic prophesies, or dancing in the streets by rabid fools giddy with joy..

both scare me shytless.....

but I, like you, wish I could attend, or watch via a webex...

#6 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

I doubt we'll get anything until AFTER GDC is finished, so the real countdown will be March 9th....

As for March 5th, I'll be standing in line to get my ME3 N7 edition to hold me over 'til MW:O takes over my gaming life.

#7 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

i would suggest hanging around here

but also sites like
http://www.gametrailers.com/
http://www.ign.com/
http://www.pcgamer.com/

#8 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

ok what'd i miss? lol. Yo Paul i lol'd when i saw your new sig. haha.

#9 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 13 February 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

[Redacted]

This is how I usually get banned from sites...

Edited by Paul Inouye, 13 February 2012 - 11:47 PM.
Banning Paul

#10 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

View Postnubnub, on 13 February 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

This is how I usually get banned from sites...

I was going to say something like, 'Well, if you get banned, you could always say it was a Dev's idea." Then thought...It's Paul. Just listening to him might get you banned...

#11 DarkTreader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:11 AM

View PostXxDRxDEATHxX, on 13 February 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

oh, another question i forgot to ask is this: If there's some kind of lecture and/or the trailer/screenshots are released for the first time at the GDC will there be a live internet feed that i can log into and watch? Just curious because there's a pastor's school(i'm a baptist) up in hammond indiana that around 9,000 people show up from all over the United States and other countries as far as India and i can never afford to go but i always get to login to the conference's website and watch it live for free. B)

Would be cool if i do something like that for the GDC. i would even be wiling to pay to watch online just to see other people's reactions to watching a trailer of MWO for the first time...when it is actually released for the first time. yeah i'm that big of a MW fan! WOOT

There is, but you have to pay. One of the 'tickets' for lack of a better term, is the GDC Online access, which gives you streaming video feeds of a variety of the lectures and seminars that are there at the conference. It doesn't give access to -everything- but it does give a lot more than not going.

As it gets a little closer, I'll be poking my Conference Associates again, seeing if anyone can score some pics or videos of whatever might be going on at the PGI booth. As soon as I hear word back, I'll be posting back on here.

#12 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

The REAL question, is WILL they do anything on the 5th or wait until the GDC Expo which doesn't start till the 7th..?

That said, anything they do at GDC I am sure will be noted as it happens here, via their twitter and facebook feeds.

The REAL REAL Question is Should we be concerned Paul posted something at 2:45am then recinded it..?

#13 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

2:45 Eastern is only 10:45 Paul-Time

As for the rest? Assuming this website crashes never to be heard from again you can always check out MechSpecs.com, MWOWiki or listen to NGNG Podcasts for announcements. Just sayin B)

#14 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 14 February 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

2:45 Eastern is only 10:45 Paul-Time

Still wondering what he posted that he felt he had to recind..?

#15 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

Tune in on the 5th.

Padlocked.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users