Clan List Discussion

4 replies to this topic

#1 PainKiller86

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

I am going to put together an easy to browse list of clans and what they are about for new recruits to browse to make it a little easier to find a few units with the specifics you are looking for. I wanted all of your thoughts on how the format should be.

I was thinking Unit Name which was linked to their recruitment thread, their primary timezone(s), their focus in MW:O. What else should be on there?

Wolf Spiders [EU] Casual - Community Warfare

p.s. I hope you dont mind i used you Wolf Spiders for the link, I know the other info isnt correct.

#2 Rhyshaelkan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

There is a list of online units in the MWO wiki

http://mwowiki.org/w...line_Units_List

#3 PainKiller86

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Ya but that wiki sucks, doesn't show any pertinent info for people looking for a unit. Have to look through each of the pages and a lot don't even have any info. I am talking more of a page based souly on helping people find units. Like the firefall one I will link below.

http://www.firefallt...-database.6573/

I like the firefall format. Split them up into North America, Asia, Europe and Oceanic. Then have the name of the unit which is linked back to their recruitment post here. Then a line about what their focused on and their playstyle be it casual, hardcore, semihardocre, professional, ect. Then a small blurb briefly telling what they are about or what they plan to focus on in MWO or their objectives in MWO.

Edited by Lucas Capri, 31 August 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#4 David Decoster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationBrugge, Belgium, Terra

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

A worthy endeavour. Concerning the format, I think the Name and link, plus timezones and playstyle are enough. If recruits want to know the goals and more detailed info, they can click the link and find it for themselves. We don't want our new recruits being too lazy either, don't we? :)
Potentially, you could try and PM Garth Erlam to see if he would mind adapting the format of this thread. That would avoid doubling up information...

Edited by David Decoster, 31 August 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#5 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

That wiki doesn't suck, it's great! Aside from that, I just launched the Unit Directory on the NoGutsNoGalaxy site. This will have the advantage of not disappearing into the void with other old posts and, like the wiki, will not depend on one person to keep it updated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users