A new concept for Mechs

3 replies to this topic

#1 Nicole Metal

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Ok for those of you who read my first post *** i am still trying to catch up so play along with me. I just read Q&A 3 post, now somthing that I noticed and bothered me was a simple one. Well you know how there are specialized mechs for scouting, electronics, missle boats, so on an so forth???? Well here is somthing to consider, I played EVE for a bit and for those of you that dont know there are "add ons" for each level of skill. Well why not at a similar effect to the mechs, lets say a Shadow Cat (fav light mech from MW3) why not make it a specialized scouting mech and its special is that with JJ's equipeded it gets like an 1.5x durration as say a Jenner or somthing or a Catipult as it is maily a missle boat have a faster lock-on then a Mad Cat who can equip more then just missles and be a threat. Now it doesnt have to be every mech just some so then that way you can have more "specialized" lances or elements of your force.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

First: Shadow Cat is a 45-ton medium 'Mech.

Second: You stopped reading too early. Read Dev Blog 4 here: http://mwomercs.com/...developer-blogs

You won't be getting big 50% boosts like you suggest, but the modules and 'Mech efficiencies will still help to specialize your pilot and 'Mech.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 15 February 2012 - 12:21 AM.

#3 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

2.5% upgrade, but that does not mean different mechs wont have different jump jet capacity.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

They will have different jump jet distance/duration dependent on their speed, if the devs go by anything close to TT rules. In that instance, the "Shadow Cat with 1.5x jump jet duration of a Jenner" scenario won't happen. Faster light 'Mechs should have higher duration by default.

...and the 2.5% upgrade is only the first step. The higher tiers might very will have higher boosts. 150% would be highly unlikely though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users