10th Lyran Guards

21 replies to this topic

#1 reinhardt steiner

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

Looking for warriors to fill the ranks of the Tenth Lyran Guards. We are loyal to Melissa Steiner and will fight to the death for her and her rightful heir, Victor Steiner Davion.
The Tenth Lyran Guards have been commanded by Nine future Archons during it's illustrious history.
We are known for bold action and cohesive teamwork. No unit in the Inner Sphere had a better record in the time period from 3049 to 3067, including being the first IS unit to hand the clans a defeat. There will be a lot to live up to. Are you up to the challenge?

#2 ReiterYIII

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

Sounds like fun. Count me in!

#3 Jerome Winson

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

How many are in your ranks, at this moment?

#4 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

There is a "Merc Corp Recruiting" section. Would probably work better for recruiting. I've got the Skye Rangers started (as of five minutes ago), and I would gladly propose an alliance between the Rangers and the Guards, as we fight for the same thing. Should the Rangers lack sufficient numbers by the time engagements begin, I would also like to formally request our absorption into the Guards, as such action in the past helped save myself and a number of my comrades. Should opposite conditions present themselves (Rangers with sufficient numbers, and the Guards without), I offer the same in the sake of friendship, camaraderie, and common interest.

However, the best outcome would be the emergence of both groups as both populous and powerful, and allied to one another for the reasons mentioned above. Best of luck, brothers. See you on the battlefield!

#5 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:28 AM

Sir,
MechWarrior Joseph Mallan reporting for duty. It is my honor to to serve in the 10th Lyran Guard. My family's Battlemaster has worn the Blue n White for six generations. I won't let you down, SIR!!

#6 Jerome Winson

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:06 AM

Merc group eh..!!

Edited by Jerome Winson, 06 November 2011 - 12:44 PM.

#7 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:13 AM

I hope to survive the game long enough to match Joe's BattleCorps back story. He's a LG up through the victorious return from Clan space! Which gave him the OOC nickname "Forest Gump of BattleTech". :)

#8 DerRitter

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

I'd be honored.

Edited by DerRitter, 16 November 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#9 Thade

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

I'd be interested in helping form or work with any Lyran unit, especially one with such a honorable record.

#10 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

Good to see the 10th represented, i play them(along with my kurita) on the tabletop...however i must stay with the combine for my MWO affiliation.

#11 Gardist

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationLeipzig

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

count me in!!!

#12 BA Dillard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Im so in! The 10th has always been my unit! Yahoo-di!!

Long live the Archon!

#13 Raena

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

Any news concerning the 10th Lyran Guards? I sent the OP a PM a few days ago, and seeing as I haven't had a response yet, I checked their last active date: Last Active Nov 05 2011 @ 12:19 AM. I would really like to see and be a part of the 10th.

#14 Decimus Antarii

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAtlas Cockpit

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

Im in. Contact me when you need me.

#15 Exillian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Callsign Exillian reporting.

my specialities?

recon

with an Atlas. Or centurion when **** gets serious.

#16 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

I dont want to rain on your parade but the 10th Lyran Guard is a house unit and as such controlled by the developers.

You will be able to join it but that will require a lot of ingame loyalty points.

#17 McGruff

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTerra, 52-23 N 13-24 E

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 12 May 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

I dont want to rain on your parade but the 10th Lyran Guard is a house unit and as such controlled by the developers.

You will be able to join it but that will require a lot of ingame loyalty points.

Is there an index where those house units that are kept by the developers are listed? Any additional infos how joining will be handled ?

#18 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostMcGruff, on 26 May 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Is there an index where those house units that are kept by the developers are listed? Any additional infos how joining will be handled ?

From what is said by the devs all the canon House units are developer controlled (i.e. you can not use their names for your own units).

When you fight as a House pilot you get loyalty points for that House and when you have enough of them you will be able to join different canon House units. Most likely that will give you access to their paint schemes and perhaps also the name of the unit attached to your name or mech. They will still be controlled by the devs so there will be no player influence on the unit.

See this developers Blog thread: http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/

Edited by Carl Wrede, 26 May 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#19 Amergin

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

This was my first unit on GEnie. I was so thrilled. But sadly it was the default unit for newbies at the time, and there was no one else in it. Soon I was transfered to the 3rd Royal Guard, which was ok, I guess. :P

#20 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 26 May 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

From what is said by the devs all the canon House units are developer controlled (i.e. you can not use their names for your own units).

When you fight as a House pilot you get loyalty points for that House and when you have enough of them you will be able to join different canon House units. Most likely that will give you access to their paint schemes and perhaps also the name of the unit attached to your name or mech. They will still be controlled by the devs so there will be no player influence on the unit.

See this developers Blog thread: http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/
This is good intel. I look forward to earning my place in the 10th. Let's kill some Dracs and get those loyalty points accumulated!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users