3rd Royal Guards, The Pride of Tamar

20 replies to this topic

#1 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

In game name: 5th Royal Irish
Actual name: 3rd Royal Guards, 5th BattleMech Battalion, "The Royal Irish"

We are recruiting. We are mostly US eastern prime time unit.

For all intents and purposes, we -are- the 3rd Royal Guards, but in order to have some ties to official canon, we are the 5th battalion of the 3rd Royals, or the 5th Royal Irish as we will be known in game. As battalion commander, I "report to" the NPC, Marshal Bradford, Commanding Officer of 3rd Royal Guards regiment. This could potentially change if and when they grant us leadership and control of a battalion in the official unit. You can find more details at our web site linked below.

While anyone is welcome to apply, I wish to formally invite all veteran's and associates of Killdare's gaming groups, from MPBT to Mechwarrior 4 and everything in between as well as veterans of the Legion of Terror and Fae Victus of Aggramar. Again, all others are welcome to apply. You can find an application form on our web site linked below.

We have TeamSpeak service and forums through the Steiner Communications Hub forums at http://forums.housesteiner.com/

Our web site can be found at http://3rdroyalguards.org/

Anyway, as I am in the beta, I am looking for familiar faces to play with and hope others would do the same. Send me a message on the forums and fill out an app on 3rd royals web site and post a note here if you wish.

List of unit names vetted by the administrators (we are on it): http://mwomercs.com/...post__p__933415

Fictional Bio: http://3rdroyalguard...profile/view/2/

Current Roster:
  • FastJack911
  • MaddogK
  • Nirgali (Starfire)
  • Tevenor

Cheers,

Nirgali

Edited by Nirgali, 09 March 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#2 Outburst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Good luck from germany! :(

#3 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Good hunting!

.../Salute

#4 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

Best of wishes for the 3rd Royal Guards! The 12th looks forward to crush some Dracs at your side!

#5 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

BTW, we are still recruiting and are looking for veteran pilots of previous mechwarrior PC games.

There is still an open invitation for old school members of Killdare's gaming groups. They should feel at home within this unit.

#6 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

So I think I've decided to register a different name for in game purposes. We are, for all intents and purposes, the third royal guards, but due to the nature of MWO, I wrote a different unit name into the history. We are the 3rd Royal Guards 5th BattleMech Battalion "The Royal Irish" or in game, 5th Royal Irish. We are NOT a mercenary corporation. We are part of the FedCom military loyal to Archon Melissa Steiner-Davion! Read more on our site, linked in my signature.

Edited by Nirgali, 15 September 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#7 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

Well. I was able to finally get a name accepted by the administrators. While we are the 3rd royal guards in all other aspects, we will go by 5th royal irish in the technical aspects of the game. They can take everything else from me, but they can't take my imagination. :)

#8 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

Just a suggestion, but if you're looking to create a website for your new unit, check out the Enjin.Com CMS. We use it in the Skye Rangers and it does have a free pricing plan option.

I find it fits perfectly with MWO has lots of widgets and gidgets to keep the troops busy <_<

Enjoy!

#9 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

:/ Thanks for the bump. I'm uncertain as to your motivations so I'm going to assume you're just trying to be helpful. You may rest assured that I am quite happy with the free-libre open source software cms I am currently using. Concrete5 works fine for what I need. What I don't need is an extra addon or five to provide services already offered by the house steiner communications hub. I freely offer my advice to them in hopes that it will eventually become a one-stop shop for communicating within our faction. Creating various sets of forums, for example, for large groups of lyrans gives the appearance of a fractured house and I want to avoid that if possible. Good luck to you.

#10 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

I apologize, I was on the defensive from a situation I found myself in only moments before I read your post. I meant no disrespect and I do wish the skye-rangers the very best.

#11 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

So I did some digging and guess who I ran into? Fastjack911. He signed up for the 3rd Royal Guards! Let's get more of those old lyrans of the killdare sect! Visit the site linked in my sig and click recruiting. We're having a blast catching up and talking about old times. Join us!

#12 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Yay. One more veteran added to the roster. Welcome back MaddogK!

#13 HSSG MaddogK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for the invite but having problems loggin in.

Nostalgically I'm still wearing Killdares tag on my uniform, guess I WAS really born Lyran.
;)

#14 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

I hope to see more veterans when this game goes open beta!

#15 PerryRaptor

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Nirgali,

I like the performance of your web-presence, and your opening pages. Is Concrete5 the core of the page system?

#16 Oshay

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGatineau, Québec, Terra

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Still keeping an eye on this! Good to see some of the old guard coming back!

#17 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Yes, it is Concrete5. I made a lot of changes to a theme called salt and pepper. I've been trying to figure out how to wrap it around a wiki.

Edited by Nirgali, 06 November 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#18 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

So, it would seem more people are playing open beta. I hope to see more veterans sign up for 3rd Royals.

#19 Nirgali

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Long time no bump. Still open for recruitment! Looking for old timers! This unit will probably activate upon release because several people aren't playing beta. Our members playing beta usually drop with the other units to fill in the ranks. We do accept people with no prior experience under Killdare's command.

#20 FromHell2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Greetings brothers and sisters o7.

Have fun and good luck, call for support if needed!

Best regards

FromHell2k
1st Royal Guards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users