any MULTIPLAYER BATTLETECH 3025 game from 2001 players?

405 replies to this topic

#61 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:27 AM

I'm pretty sure I was MaxLiao there, too. I've been using the handle since the 80s. A good friend of mine was Tormax ... see a theme? :)

I thought the combat engine for the game was better than most of the MechWarrior series. It helps that I'm a 3025-era purist, I guess. Just trying to get people to drop when they didn't have a ridiculous advantage killed the game for me.

#62 rollermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:29 AM

Yea I was playing the beta. Good times, wasn't in any player-corps/guilds/clans though. Just with a bunch of like-minded RL friends and had a lot of fun.

Can't remember my callsign but was playing for House Davion. I'm definitely not playing for the same house again which I suspect will be the Zerg faction of the Successor States :) Or the Albion of the game (if any of you played DAOC hehe).

#63 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:43 AM

Damnit! I remember some of your Names from the Beta of MPBT3025.

I used the Callsign "RangerOne" (fighting for the CapCon) back then. Those who asked, where told that my CallSign had nothing to do with Babylon5 but is the name of a ship in "the Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers". And I've been asked a lot! That's why I remember. :)

I definetly remember metro, and I firmly believe I fought raz (now _4477) severel times. I also remember fighting alongside a MaxLiao. :D

#64 KH HawkEye

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:07 AM

Hey everyone!

Got a chance to play both Solaris and MPBT3025, awesome experiences, still remember the shakes I had when starting a new battle!

I was a merc commander from MW2 Mercs to MW4 Mercs (skipping MW3 because it sucked), but in my opinion my favorite was 3025, the others were more action-oriented shoot-em-ups, more arcade and less sim, so im hopping MWO is closer to 3025 than to the last MW titles.

#65 mara

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:16 AM

I played back in the day, was there for the last 3 months or so. I was also on dial-up.
Callsign was "Kali"
I piloted an Urbanmech for Liao.
I would log on everyday when I got up for a couple hours before I had to head to work.
(If I logged on any other time, the lag would kill my connection).

I remember piloting an UM-60L Urbanmech, and sniping the heads off Atlases or other targets.

I remember a fun battle in a push on Davion where 2 Davion Commandos were holed up in a
processing plant of some kind, and I just waddled around the side, and flanked them...only to be
hit by a Raven in my side. Since I took damage, that meant my AC(which had only fired two shots)
no longer had ammo :)

I remember that an Urbanmech could walk backwards as SRMs were fired at it, jump, as the missiles
passed under it, throttle forward, and actually, if timed right, the missiles would not land.(Never did master
that for any other 'mech, or for LRMs).

I remember a fight in the push on New Avalon where my force consisted of an Orion, Hunchie, a Trebuchet,
and me in my UM-60L, while the enemy force consisted of an Atlas, a Hunchback, a Dragon, and Devish,
and seeing over the open comms after the 3rd round of fighting "Forget everything else! Kill the **** Urbie first!"
(That, BTW, was when they actually started winning the engagements...since, the Atlas and Hunchback tended
to lose their heads to me firing at the range limits of the AC/20)

#66 OnLashoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:20 AM

The idea and concept of MPBT 3025 was outstanding, however because it was beta, the feel of the game to me was clunky and not very smooth. Just my opinion.

#67 Jhereg KnT

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:22 AM

EGA
MPBT Solaris - Internet Beta
MPBT Solaris - AOL
MPBT Solaris - Gamestorm
MPBT 3025

hope this is good but I'm used to being disappointed :)

#68 xMarshallx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

So great to see all these old names!

Jhereg, any word from blackdwarf in the past 10 years?

PS - Who stole my name?:)

Sniper

#69 Jhereg KnT

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:30 AM

holy **** Sniper! sadly we have not seen BD is quite a while but KnT still thrives mostly playing World of Tanks but still league play at MWL. I know Thag has signed up I'm sure the rest will soon after.

Hope to see Draagun on the field as well :)

#70 xMarshallx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:32 AM

DRAAGUN will be here as well as most CHs too .. should be good times in the near future!

#71 Raezar

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:11 AM

I was in the MPBT3025 Beta. Cant remember my callsign but I was part of the House Davion with a group called <RA> Regular Army

#72 Deathwarrior

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationGalesburg MI

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

View PostThe Sniper, on 01 November 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

DRAAGUN will be here as well as most CHs too .. should be good times in the near future!

Aha poor Sniper. Once I saw the announcement I tried to find you online to get your name reserved. Have you talked to Jimbo or Marty lately? I saw the site went 404 awhile back. Looks like we have a good reason to get it back up and running.

#73 itchies

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:17 AM

myself and 5 other friends did indeed play (beta test) this - and i'm still upset that they just dropped it. how they could say there was no interest is beyond belief when there were literally hundreds of thousands of people playing at any one time (on a beta test no less).

#74 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

This year's Game Devolopers Choice Online Awards named Kesmai's Kelton Flinn and John Taylor the Online Game Legend Award. Several of the former Kesmai staff were present to witness the presentation. It was very cool to read and hear about the award from folks that were able to attend. MPBT was one of their games.

Gargoyle *KDR*

House Davion in MPBT, MPBT: Solaris, MPBT:3025, ISW, and more.

#75 xMarshallx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:30 AM

Yep, talk to good ol Jimbo pretty regularly .. will give him a ring this evening about getting the website up and running again. I'm on AIM btw, just installed it.. realized I didn't install on this PC when I built it 6 months ago or so.

#76 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:42 AM

View Postjhereg_knt, on 01 November 2011 - 05:22 AM, said:

EGA
MPBT Solaris - Internet Beta
MPBT Solaris - AOL
MPBT Solaris - Gamestorm
MPBT 3025

hope this is good but I'm used to being disappointed :D

Howdee Jhereg ! Great to see another familiar face! >VDB< :)

#77 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

I'm one, MPBT3025. My favoriate feature... putting your own MP3s as in cockpit music. I always went into combat listening to "Devil Man" by White Zombie. Ah... those were the days. I loved that game, and I still miss it. D A M N YOU EA!!!!! D A M N YOU TO H E L L!!!

Edited by Apnu, 01 November 2011 - 06:49 AM.

#78 TeKilla

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBrunswick, Germany

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

played solaris on AOL and 3025 open beta.
name was TeKilla.
MPBT (+3025) were the best online games i ever played, with the best community i ever saw.
I ~S~alute to everyone from that time :)
Lets meet up again when this game is playable, and hope that it will reach the awesomeness of MPBT:Solaris and MPBT:3025 :D

#79 Grond

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationComstar Research & Training Center IX, Mars

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:58 AM

I was beta testing that. I was very disapointed when it was scrapped. It was a lot of fun to play and I love the Inner Sphere conquest aspect of it.

#80 Kurzgan

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

Oh I SO loved that beta test, that was some ridiculous fun and such a BAD move in cancelling it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users