217 replies to this topic

#181 FerretGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostSwordofLight, on 05 December 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

I dislike this whole thread for two reasons: First, I see this as putting a physical characteristic above ability. Just as I fail to understand how gender affects your ability to click a mouse, so too do I think that it should be the actions, not the age, which should be judged.

View PostFerretGR, on 05 September 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

I'm a refugee from 2old2play as well. 35 years young and a 25 year BT fan.

I hope nobody is as offended by the age limit as it seems some posters were here: it's not about excluding anyone, but rather about finding folks who are like us in a number of ways: older gamers tend to have and to understand real-life commitments such as jobs, family, etc., and won't be as restrictive or expectant when it comes to gaming times; older gamers have shared experiences outside of the gaming world, whether it be work, education, divorce, loss, what have you; and older gamers, in my experience, just aren't at the level of the younger gamers, whether it be lack of practice time or slowing reflexes (no offense oldies! I know there are some old gamer ninjas out there, I'm only partly serious). Maturity is far down the list of benefits from playing with 2old2play gamers, from my perspective, TBH: I'm childish as ****. There are clans on the site that cater to very serious older gamers and to those who just want to have a few drinks and shoot some dudes. Maturity isn't goal #1 for some clans (ie. 2old2pwn), let's put it that way

Let me frame it like this. Joining 2old2play has dramatically changed my gaming experience. I'm an Xbox gamer primarily: I play Halo and the COD titles in terms of multiplayer, and really played no MP on PC until now. Before joining the site, I had fun, don't get me wrong: I played the Live version of "PUGs", ie. I joined random rooms alone. Joining the site and finding gamers like me, and eventually a clan who is exactly like me, who doesn't give a **** if I have a bad game or that I consistently run a negative KD, who understands if I miss a month of clan nights, who despite my unreliable nature and lack of gaming skill still want me around and who I consistently have fun with: invaluable. I gamed way more after joining the site/clan and enjoyed my gaming to a much higher degree. And playing with supportive people definitely helped to improve my game, which is a nice side bonus.

I would imagine that there are more older gamers here than in many communities simply because the franchise is older than most and has some hardcore fans. I encourage you guys to check out 2old2play and see if it's for you. If you don't agree with our policies, that's cool, just know that we're about getting together with folks who are like us, rather than about excluding anyone.

View PostSwordofLight, on 05 December 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

But more importantly, it is the younger crowd which could benefit from House Kurita. As a dad, I follow the #1 Rule of Dad - its not whether you win or loose, its how you play the game. ... If for nothing else, maybe we teach these kids not to be as awful as they are in other online games, which is a win in my book.

I agree with your sentiment here. I think it's a good, noble thing for some groups to do, it's just not what 2old2play.com is about. If a community based around positivity and not around age sprang up, I'd probably join that too. For now, I have a place that meets my gaming needs, and it's 2old2play.com. If it doesn't meet yours, well, that's a shame, but I understand where you're coming from and I respect that it's not for you. I apologize if the 2old2play philosophy doesn't jive with yours, but it's not meant to be exclusionary or offensive.

Cheers!

#182 Polteg Ice

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSomewhere neither here, nor there.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

Boobs. We got em. But you can't see em to you show me a valid ID. Also the majority of them may belong to male members...

2old2play.com

Edited by Polteg Ice, 07 December 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#183 Polteg Ice

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

ya and come to the site.

We gots voice server info. Its the difference between a team and a pug.

We have the friends list that we keep updated by activity so you know who to grab when your first get there.

We have discussions on all things MWO

We also have a great foundation of players playing on all the consoles, combined to make nearly 30,000 gamers wanting to play with you.,

The only downside to 2o2p is; when you join you may never wanna leave.

2old2play.com

Edited by Polteg Ice, 07 December 2012 - 05:30 AM.

#184 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

Marik has a very high degree of maturity and respect at www.house-marik.net.

#185 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

LOL, Marik. Don't you have a civil war to be fighting or something? If we wanted to hear from a Marik we'd rattle one's cage.

The Dragon kindly asks you to head back to your dank smelly corner of the IS.

#186 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostKuruptU4Fun, on 03 July 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

The idea that people over the age of 25 are more mature than those under is questionable at best. I'm not in much of a mood to debate it. But as I've stated before it's often a good starting point. The lives of people over 25 tend to be closer in similarity and shared experiences altogether anyways. I'd venture to say that most of the people over the age of 25 can't keep up with the gaming habits of a 12, 16 or 18 yo. kids anyways. I'm going off of the experiences I've had with people from all ages as well. I've seen kids rally up to how a group of people he was playing with saw the teamwork of them and react accordingly. I've had friends I know get drunk and send out pictures of themselves trying to drink a beer while wearing a scuba mask over XBox Live. But because I can play at the same times he could I preferred playing with him.

Sword I also understand your sentiment, and I believe I best describe my point of view above. My biggest point of view has to do with shared experiences of people in my generation. We often joke about things from our past, I highly doubt some 14 year old kid is going to remember Bobcat Goldthwait from Police Academy and how funny his voice would be as a replacement for Bitching Betty. I also prefer to avoid a parent of a 16 year old kid getting on a microphone and screaming at me because they feel I am being inappropriate and influencing their child who was up at 2am on a school night. I've had that happen before, and it's not an event I care to revisit. Age is a firm thing that is at least controllable, attitude is not.

Edited by KuruptU4Fun, 07 December 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#187 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Sword of Light said; nothing that their was a difference in gender to play the game. some off the best kurita pilots have been girls and women. You do make an interesting point. we spend so much time working that this would be a good way to understand that a code of honor and conduct are the most important. not just running up points which I see a lot of in this game a mech will wait till many are hurt and then run in grab kills and points. I wont say about the age perhaps another Kurita group could be formed on that principle. I is a good idea. It is one of the few games that pilots don't have to be the best but learn team play and take orders. that is to me what honor is about. Also , it can help you in real life a more caring and loving person. Its not just Me,Me,Me. Perhaps then on one over the age of 55 should play because your reflexes are not as fast. I am 61 but I still can run ten miles a day and being a second Dan maybe my reflexes are shot. Their are some at 20 that are more mature than those twice their age. but if its 25 and up that the rules.

#188 Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

A/S/L?

#189 SwordofLight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

View Postshotokan5, on 07 December 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Sword of Light said; nothing that their was a difference in gender to play the game. some off the best kurita pilots have been girls and women.

Just so we're clear on what I think - gender should never be an issue in a computer game. I completely fail to understand how some people in the gaming community honestly think women should not play these sorts of games - it baffles me. Now, ok, I do understand that some male nerds find women intimidating, and respond with the only social tool they have in their limited kit - anger. Girls frighten you so you react badly, got it. No, I'm puzzled by the folks who think that you have to be male to, what, click a mouse? Press buttons on a controller? Nope, not gonna tolerate that - and my point is that it should be ability, it should be how you play the game - not just how well you pilot your mech, but how you behave, how you treat your fellow players, which should be the deciding factor in who you play with.

-Don

#190 Polteg Ice

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Thanx for the thread JACK! but....

Back on topic!

2old2play.com We are looking for gamers 25 and older to share wine, laughs, and good times.

Break bread with brothers, then trash a few Robots.

Skill level will never be a requirement... we don't care if you have a K/d of 100, or 0.001! We don't give flying Monkey splats! What we care about is your attitude. Bring good spirits, a bit of raunchy humour and you will have found your second home. Also bring a mic, we want to talk to you.

If you bring, cheats, exploits, cowardice, whining or any other tactic unbecoming of an mature gamer, then don't bring yourself. Stay away. It will save everyone sooooo much time.

Lastly i would like to say... "Party on Wayne."

Edited by Polteg Ice, 10 December 2012 - 05:59 AM.

#191 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Haha, you liked your own post, you ARE a 2o2p guy after all :)

#192 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

party hardy. bill and teds adventures don't remember which one. what system or link do you use, I would not mind adding something being 62 I am full to them and not through yet. even some of you might have played with against in another mech game. Just to shoot the breeze and have fun.

#193 SwordofLight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostPolteg Ice, on 10 December 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

Thanx for the thread JACK! but....

You're right, my bad.

-Don

#194 Ignatz22

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

New to MWO, played a bit, just acquired headset/microhone and need some setup help, them want to acquire skills and join a group. Old Dude. please send help!

#195 Pel Morba

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHoth Dakota

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostPolteg Ice, on 10 December 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

Lastly i would like to say... "Party on Wayne."

"Party on Garth".

#196 Polteg Ice

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

View PostPel Morba, on 19 December 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

"Party on Garth".

Excellet!

#197 Nunspa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shujin
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

<<< Intrested

whats the next step?

attempting to create a network of people to play and grp with..

#198 Polteg Ice

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

nect thing to do is visit us, and sign up for the friends list, get the voip info, and add some friends.

all the goodness can be found here: click me

#199 GrogX

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Noob as noob can be with MWO, 1 week played tonight. Been geeking out on BT since I found the TT manual 20 or so years ago, played all the BT/MW PC games except Crescent Hawks Revenge, hope to see you guys in game. Off to the forum.

#200 Polteg Ice

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

nice to meet ya grog. We got a bunch of fellas just like you. Stop on by and share a story or two.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users