The Windborne Raven (Roleplay)

454 replies to this topic

#441 Aedris Nova

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

[[Recovery - Nomad, it's time to go home]]

Smoke rose from the charred remains of endo-steel and ferro-fibrous. The Atlas had fallen under the sheer power of grit and determination. Faction and House didn't matter, humanity mattered, and that simple fact willed the mind of a dozen vastly different individuals to rally under the sign of a heroic VTOL and fight against overwhelming odds. Sterin recalled fondly of a time when he was doing research in the United Hindu Collective state of the Federated Suns. One of his assistants, Raja, complained sharply about how the goal was unrealistic...impossible - they would never develop the tech to crack the armor of the new Capellan mech.
And then it happened. Professor Ramashriram walked over to him and his disgruntled assistant and firmly repeated a phrase that remained rooted into Aedris's psyche forever.

"If man works with his brother man, even Shiva, the destroyer of worlds, will recognize their power."

"Hmm, the destroyer of worlds, huh?", Aedris mumbled to himself in reference to the Atlas. Destruction in it's most primitive form was...simply beautiful.

"Major, we have radio chatter of a downed centurion!", the radio crackled.

Aedris returned from his haven of pure meditation, the ark in his mind.

"Roger, Lieutenant, I take full responsibility for the following actions."

And with that phrase, the officer flipped a small chrome switch that signified his transition to open comms. The following words would have resonating effects on the Federated Suns, being documented in state libraries and classrooms.

--Open Transmission, 1st Davion Guard---

Warriors, Citizens, Brothers, we have achieved the monumental here today. I am Sterin Aedris of the honorable 1st Davion Guard, and you, the people of the Free Rasalhague Republic and combined forces of freedom have overcome the fiercest of all enemies - death. Among your fallen is a brother of mine, a fellow Davion, an honorable Robinson ranger, we seek only to ensure that his memory is served in an honor fulfilling of any soldier willing to overcome the atrocities of not only the Dalians, but any enemy. Your heroism has been the greatest since the days of the Star League, and I fully commend the Rasalhague officers capable of such gallantry. In such, I extend an unofficial token of friendship. To days of prosperity and peace, where the Successor states achieve harmony. You may call us Davion Guards fanatics, hypocrites of supporting such ideals, but look further than that. Our fanaticism lies in allegiance to a cause, the safety of House Davion, the Federated Suns, and the inner sphere. So let us not forget the solidarity of our measures, the righteousness of our cause, and the sacrifices of our brother, the ranger.

--End Transmission--

With that, the lance sped off through the back alleys of the city, finally tumbling on a bright red centurion solemnly lying in it's final resting place. A woman lay gently over, with one hand reaching into the remains of the cockpit and softly sobbing. Aedris took little time to piece together the situation. He powered down and departed his mech. The woman turned around, at first frightened, and bent over to defend the occupant of the mech. But she soon noticed the grave expression on Aedris's face and the insignia on his torso. The mourner removed herself. A hand reached out , battered and bloodied, followed by the a bright red uniform sleeve. Aedris knelt next the glass screen and grasped the hand of pilot not being treasured by the woman. The ranger rolled his head from the woman to Davion and attempted to speak, but blood flushed out instead of words.

Aedris looked squarely into his eyes and whispered.

"Don't worry, brother. I will take you home."

[[Thank you everyone, it's been a blast RPing with you.]]

#442 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

[[Yay, Nomad survived!!! Woohoo!!!!]]

#443 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

[[Barely, hey Sloth, where's your buddy doc? Or maybe, hell I don't know, I guess Johnson could save him, but that's a long way to go for just one patient. That'd be one hell of a favor from us to you guys, maybe callable in another RP? Will be bringing the squad on the next one, so, you can see Hell Jumper team at it's best.]]

#444 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

[[I think the doctor friend is still on Bonette, and that Aedris will simply extract Nomad (He played the Ranger right?) and heal him up (Or not, should Nomad so wish) on the Davion dropship]]

Spear watched the Davions run off.
"Well that...was not expected." He mumbled to himself.
Over the comms he spoke again. "Looks like we're in luck Mr. Frankfurt, Davions aren't here for a fight. Let 'em go, and form up with us."

#445 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostMacabreDerek, on 29 March 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

((Ya know what, I'll gladly start anew after the local milita guards help fend off the scuffle. Tell me if you think this is enough to open on.))

"You'd figure if there would be need of another mechanic." Rick spat at his luck. The one time he gets to apply himself and maybe earn a buck or two at helping fixing a mech with the proper tools and parts he'd actually get some kind of cash-flow going. Instead, he had a handfull of c-bills avalible to buy his next drinks, and he might have enough luck to run into someone he could contract out to. Instead, he sat at the foot of his Archer, and continued to weld-up whatever scrap plates of armour he could just to hide the auto-cannon punctures that damn near got him killed in the only bit of action he'd scene since he started this venture into becoming a Mercinary.

Pulling the welding goggles down on to his collar, he breathed a sigh, cursing his luck. "Maybe I'll have better luck at the bar, at least I get to hear about action taking place..."

He took a moment to pause. How was he going to even be taken seriously when he leg actuators were rendering the mech barely able to get out of the mech bay, unable to defend his own livelyhood. Thankfully, the large 'SCRAP' stencil over the front of his mech must have spared him some grief, as no one would take the time to steal a non-functioning mech. But that was the problem, even after the repairs, there wasnt any ammunition in the LRMs, and most of his lasers needed recalibrating on targets beyond 50 meters.

He choked on the thought, and placed his hand against the still warm steel. "Some day Girl, we'll go places. You and me, we'll get through this, and you'll really get to shine."

"Hey Mop-Boy!"

Rick cringed, one of the techs working around the mech bay knew him from when he was fixing engines, and thought it was a good idea to put his boss' pet-name for him as his call-sign registry. Mumbling under his breath "Couldnt have been something cool, could it? Slayer, Viper, Boss, hell, anything but that go-"

"Mop-Boy! Wait up, boss wants to discuss your bill, considering you werent even able to get that hunk of junk out of his mech bay for better paying customers!"

"Not Now! I gotta get out before business gets cold"

"Dont you mean your beer getting warm?"

"Shut it!" Rick snapped, doubling pace to get out before 'Boss' decided to have a word with him. If he is forced out of the mech bay he wouldnt even have the basic tools for repairs, far less the chance to sneak some scrap steel and parts from the other engineers he 'traded' with. And that cockpit is a sight warmer inside the mech bay than it would be at night in the open....

"Just get a beer, go down to the pub, get a beer, then two, than three..."

He felt the c-bill creds in his pocket. Barely enough to cover the night's drinks.

"... yea, and while I am at it why dont I just go rebuild the Star League..."

If Rick's mood could turn any worse, he didnt want to know how. All he needed to do was put one foot infront of the other, and get that good for nothing drink. He didnt even bother taking off his welding gear, a oil-stained and battered mechpilot suit underneath the rags,

[[Very nice. But it seems out of place. It looks like everyone, (well maybe not everyone) is still rping on the current timeline. I was gonna do an epiloge for Thom till the next rping forum but might just go on as well. But won't post till sometime this weekend. Just got home from a 14 hour shift (I hope you guys like your Starbucks) and I'm pretty out of it.]]

View PostRogueSpear, on 30 March 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

[[I think the doctor friend is still on Bonette, and that Aedris will simply extract Nomad (He played the Ranger right?) and heal him up (Or not, should Nomad so wish) on the Davion dropship]]

Spear watched the Davions run off.
"Well that...was not expected." He mumbled to himself.
Over the comms he spoke again. "Looks like we're in luck Mr. Frankfurt, Davions aren't here for a fight. Let 'em go, and form up with us."

[[Already posted. Just chasing down the Dalian's. But it was short. I could always pull a little FIAT out of my butt and come up with something decent. I'll be working on it sometime this weekend.]]

#446 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

[[Yeah I know, I'm just waiting to see if Graf or Azman throws us a bone and writes up the last chase. It'd be a shame to leave an RP this good without a conclusive, and suitably awesome ending.
Does anyone know if anyone is going to GM a new RP? Worst comes to the worst I can start one up, but I cannot in any way guarantee attendance (It'll really slack off in May) but if people are up for it, it'd be great if one of you could co-GM and that should fill any holes. Plus, two heads are better than one when it comes to the plot!]]

#447 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 30 March 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

[[Very nice. But it seems out of place. It looks like everyone, (well maybe not everyone) is still rping on the current timeline. I was gonna do an epiloge for Thom till the next rping forum but might just go on as well. But won't post till sometime this weekend. Just got home from a 14 hour shift (I hope you guys like your Starbucks) and I'm pretty out of it.]]

((I didnt want to play up anything except the aftermath, and I figured it would be more appropriate to have someone else describe the bar with the ply-wood over the grenade hole on the floor and the re-fitting of windows and such. I'd imagine it would be a few days where people are trying to get their lives back in some semblence of order, and as you can imagine, I'm kinda itchin to try and RP this character. I feel terrible that I missed out on an opprotunity to involve myself in the RP aspect of the community, as I would love to develop my understanding of the Battletech universe through a kind of first-hand expirence. Still, if even an aftermath was given, I'd be happy to see what this concludes with ;) ))

#448 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostMacabreDerek, on 30 March 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

((I didnt want to play up anything except the aftermath, and I figured it would be more appropriate to have someone else describe the bar with the ply-wood over the grenade hole on the floor and the re-fitting of windows and such. I'd imagine it would be a few days where people are trying to get their lives back in some semblence of order, and as you can imagine, I'm kinda itchin to try and RP this character. I feel terrible that I missed out on an opprotunity to involve myself in the RP aspect of the community, as I would love to develop my understanding of the Battletech universe through a kind of first-hand expirence. Still, if even an aftermath was given, I'd be happy to see what this concludes with ;) ))

[[Totally. I wouldn't mind RPing in an aftermath forum. Thom wasn't actually gonna take the free trip to wherever. He was gonna stick around and help restore order and work on repairing what he could. I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the new guys demanding that we surrender our mechs.]]

#449 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

((Well, never underestimate the willingness of a hillbilly backwater planet population to take up a shotgun and pitchfork when someone's on their yard. This is after all, one story out of thousands of a single event. Also, Pirates are rarely willing to occupy, and this sounds more like a huge smash-n-grab, which requires quick retreating as well. Perhapse they simply started to estimate the gains to loses and realized they had already profited from this venture, and didnt wish to stick around while the city populous was marsheling. After all, you guys did take back the mechbay and started engaging forces, proving organized resistance was not only possible, but was already happening. Bullies dont stick around much if you bloody their nose, especially if they already have your lunch money))

#450 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

[[That last sentence was a nice way to put it, but I think there was more to it than that. They had Star League area mechs and equipment. A jammer that could jam as big of a space as that city and in one post Azman had dialoge between a general and some duke. I'm wondering if the Red Duke, Duke Ricol is dead by this point, or if he's up to his old tricks again... And if this was just a snach and grab, what we're they after? Mech's and random loot? possible, but I'm thinking that there was more to it than that. What if there was a Star League Cache nearby and that the pilliaging was just a distraction?]]

[[Maybe I'm just as paranoid as my character....]]

#451 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

[[I'd definitely be up for joining that RP. Could really use this as a launchpad for a full campaign's worth of story arcs...]]

#452 Orcinus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationYour Left Flank

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

[[
Sounds good to me

Heck, I'll probably even decide to switch to a persona from another RP ;)
(my character is going to have to take a break, seeing as he has not had any serious combat experience prior to the events here)
]]

#453 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

[[Draco and Phiro will be sending money to the locals to be helping rebuild, but Draco atm is currently going to be en route to barcelona, which by the way, might restart that thread. You guys have fun rebuilding and send I guess some (hopefully) friendly postcards or something as a thanks for the funds. Also Mac, try to talk to Draco while he's on barcelona I hear that they need a few good mechanics at Castle.]]

#454 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 31 March 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

[[Draco and Phiro will be sending money to the locals to be helping rebuild, but Draco atm is currently going to be en route to barcelona, which by the way, might restart that thread. You guys have fun rebuilding and send I guess some (hopefully) friendly postcards or something as a thanks for the funds. Also Mac, try to talk to Draco while he's on barcelona I hear that they need a few good mechanics at Castle.]]

((Would be amusing considering WD's got one of the few mech factories that make Archers (my characters mech), so I am sure there is pleanty of ways for him to work into outfitting an actual working mech. Maybe something that actually has munitions to fire lol. Been reading a few blerbs of Wolf's Dragoons, interesting lot, though for some reason I am doubting Rick would have the ability to keep up with the high-elite of WD. Still, may make for some interesting paralel between the guy who has everything and the try-hard who has next to nothing, particularly as a comedy lol. If ya need mechs repaired and refitted, I am sure I can be up to the task.))

#455 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

[[Well, I'm sure we could reach an arrangement, as Castle is not exactly at a full complement, I guess this means that all other posts in this thread will be HPG transmissions.]]

[[On further note, new RP will be up at least by the end of the day.]]

Edited by guardian wolf, 02 April 2012 - 11:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users