Furries (no spam/flaming/pony please)

744 replies to this topic

#121 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

We're still here.
And now I have a non-canon unit called the Silent Foxes for any Free Worlds' League members interested in joining who is willing to be mature and work as a team member.
Meanwhile, moving along.

#122 FoxFang

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationS.E. Michigan

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Huh. In a completely Battletech related bit of trivia. CritterTek was made that combined the two ideas. (With an included dose of comedy) http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Critter-TEK

#123 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostLorcan Lladd, on 08 March 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

And I quote:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

http://forums.furaff...ttletech-and-Me
______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's how close to canon Battletech furries are, and how much closer they could have been...
...And might still.

Yeah, I'm not sure who dodged the bigger bullet - Battletech fans in general, or furries who would have gotten blamed for ruining Battletech forever.

That said, if I do find myself piloting a mech with an animal themed name, I can tell you that it'll get an anthropomorphic version of its namesake for nose cone art.

#124 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

So, while I'm not that open about being a fur, it is always nice to see threads like this on a forum, it shows that I'm not the only one who likes (insert interest here) who's a fur.

Getting to the original point, I believe that if the CBT universe was populated by furs, the cooling systems would have been more efficient, to make up for the extra layer of insulation. Do I think any of the 'mechs would be changed, maybe, but certainly those with some sort of skull, like the Atlas, because there would be no Humans, so the Human skull would not exist.

#125 FoXabre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

In the year 3049 wouldn't you think that technology/medical sciences would have improved to the point that actuall furries could be a reality? I mean if there are those that are trying to make it a reality now, how much do you think they'll progress in 1037 years?

"What would happen if the Battlemech universe was populated by furs?"

Honestly I don't think much would change other than the pilots themselves. You may end up with infighting for control of the "pack" in some species. I guess it depends on how much of an animal mentality they'd have.

#126 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostFoXabre, on 19 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

In the year 3049 wouldn't you think that technology/medical sciences would have improved to the point that actuall furries could be a reality? I mean if there are those that are trying to make it a reality now, how much do you think they'll progress in 1037 years?

Honestly I don't think much would change other than the pilots themselves. You may end up with infighting for control of the "pack" in some species. I guess it depends on how much of an animal mentality they'd have.

Unfortunately, the battletech universe is currently (3049) in a sort of dark age of technology. So while there is a lot of advanced technology, no one really knows how it works, and in the universe's current state the only technology deemed important enough to maintain so it's not lost outright are weapons and technology essential for war. This is due to the mass slaughter of most of the scientists, doctors, and scholars sometime in the past by the great houses.

View Postrots-targe, on 19 April 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Getting to the original point, I believe that if the CBT universe was populated by furs, the cooling systems would have been more efficient, to make up for the extra layer of insulation. Do I think any of the 'mechs would be changed, maybe, but certainly those with some sort of skull, like the Atlas, because there would be no Humans, so the Human skull would not exist.

I think the cooling systems may have been maintained better or improved through necessity, or stayed about the same and fur-battletech mechs would just be found to have extra heatsinks at the expense of other equipment such as armor. Also, their might be fur-less furries of reptilian, avian, or amphibious based anthros who would be better adapted to the extreme heat of a mech cockpit.

#127 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't want to see the Battletech universe be populated by furs at all. But I could deal with it being something like in Warhammer 40k where there is a type of mutation strain that turns Men into Wolves.

Off-topic question for other Mechwarrior Furs, do any of you find the show "Grimm" to be extremely good? Blutbads....... ...

#128 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

I come here not to flame... unless hot chicks in skimpy furry outfits are not posted regularly. MOARPLZ

#129 Risky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, Florida.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image

Someone say furry?

#130 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostRisky, on 08 May 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

Someone say furry?

Not at all. *closes window* (Obviously continues thread, easily visible through the window)

#131 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostRisky, on 08 May 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

Someone say furry?

I prefer sentient anthropomorphic Terran animals. But that's me.

#132 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

View PostVulpesveritas, on 11 May 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

I prefer sentient anthropomorphic Terran animals. But that's me.

Tomato, tomahto...

#133 VulffenCatatonik

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

I just want to say that I am a Furry (and a Brony), My pilot name is my fursonas name.

With that said, Let me say to the haters and the people who dont understand.

There are 2 different kind of furries. The ones who are stupid as hell and act like an animal and have "Mates" and "Yiff" eachother. Then there are furries like my friends and I who have an intrest in Anthropomorphic animals and actually have some common sense.

Just like with every fandom, Furry, Pony, Whatever the fandom. there will ALWAYS be extremists. People who give a terrible image of said fandom.

I have seen furries that are so ******* stupid, saying things like "Oh no, I hate humans, they are gross!" and crap like "Oh murr my mate is so sexy I just want to yiff him"

That kind of **** disgusts me. And it gives a terrible image of the fandom.

In the end, we are all Mechwarrior fans here, dont judge someone until you have gotten to know them.

#134 Renan Ruivo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 541 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Not trying to troll but ... is this a fetiche or something? Really, i understand people who are animal fans, but ... this?!

You know i'm a liberal guy, i even ride a motorized bicycle that i built myself with a "haters gonna hate" sticker on the frame. But that is just me not giving a rat's *** about what people think or say when they see me rollin. It's practical and efficient (100km per L yo), and cheap as hell.

But this?! Where is the point in this?

View PostVulffenCatatonik, on 18 June 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

There are 2 different kind of furries. The ones who are stupid as hell and act like an animal and have "Mates" and "Yiff" eachother. Then there are furries like my friends and I who have an intrest in Anthropomorphic animals and actually have some common sense.

What's interesting about anthropomorphic animals?

Just curious. Promise.

Edited by Renan Ruivo, 18 June 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#135 The Ottercrat

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostWatchit, on 19 April 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

I think the cooling systems may have been maintained better or improved through necessity, or stayed about the same and fur-battletech mechs would just be found to have extra heatsinks at the expense of other equipment such as armor. Also, their might be fur-less furries of reptilian, avian, or amphibious based anthros who would be better adapted to the extreme heat of a mech cockpit.

Maybe they could shave? Sort of a quick-and-dirty method to beat the heat? Some folks already shave their entire bodies for competition swimming, I don't think it would be too far-fetched to think anthros might do that to get an edge in piloting. Heck, depending on public view of the pilots themselves, maybe it would even become a fashion, like wearing camo-print clothes and military buzz-cuts IRL.

#136 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

I don't mind most furries at all. I post on the Pony Thread regularly. Heck, I cut my teeth on TMNT and Usagi Yojimbo back in the day.

Calbeck rustled my jimmies by trying to turn fanfic into a method to sue the people making Battletech. I give you the esteemed Alex Iglesias' response to his work.

Posted Image

#137 JazzySteel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 304 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationthe crater that used to be Black Mesa, dipping the last Oreo into the last glass of milk.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hullo guys. Im not terribly active in the fandom, dont usually even claim the title Furry. But I still have tons of respect for the community, both for their attitude, and their intrests :) I was a furry myself for a very long time.

Its good to see y'all here.

#138 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostJazzySteel, on 18 June 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Hullo guys. Im not terribly active in the fandom, dont usually even claim the title Furry. But I still have tons of respect for the community, both for their attitude, and their intrests :huh: I was a furry myself for a very long time.

Its good to see y'all here.

Being a Furry isn't something you should be like, "HAI I'M A FURRY GUIZ." Those are usually the posers or people going along with trends.
It's just what some people are. Some take it as a hobby, some take it as a race. *shrug*

Good to see you here, aswell.

#139 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, you can be casual, you can be clinically insane, you can just appreciate the art and never speak a word about liking it, but in the end for the most part you get accepted as a furry... somehow... *shrugs*

#140 Cody Machado

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • Locationnomad

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostFoXabre, on 19 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

That idea would work verey well with the clans. Becouse super hear tube babys that have a society that almost of animals. Plus there all named after animals and they almost worship them.
All they need to do is and some changes to the claners dna.

Last thing. It would change only what they look like. Shure ther might be some things added but not really. Plus I can think of alot of things that might complicate the claners being anthro. Then it would kind of make the life of ether being clan or inner sphere a little more balance.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users