A mix of metal and classical music.

#22 Xhaleon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

View PostOoya, on 02 November 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

Show Yoko Kanno plenty of background material and give her free reign to compose whatever she deems appropriate. Problem solved.

Really now guys, imagine stomping around in a mech while listening to NIHONJIN songs.

... Yeah, that'd just... Actually, I could see it happening in the Draconis Combine.

House Kurita's biggest secret is their Samurais often listen to J-Pop while popping heads with PPCs.

#23 Eidolon

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

View Postdal10, on 02 November 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

i know this would never happen, but it would be amazing if we could play a soundtrack of outside songs like we had a small music player in the cockpit.

THIS THIS THIS. "Players will be able to look around their cockpit and even customize the interior to suit their tastes." A music player would be a great cockpit addition!

#24 SnackLord

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

View PostAmechwarrior, on 01 November 2011 - 10:03 PM, said:

Recruit the guys who made the music for the MW2 series and let them make a new set of tracks for a new Mechwarrior.

I am with you there! I believe Jeehun Hwang was the person who did the bulk of that soundtrack, and you can hear some of the same themes in MW2 Mercs as well. To my mind MW2 was the best game soundtrack - moody, ambient, militaristic at times. That guy has his own site...they should give him a call!

#25 Zearthling

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

I would like to see a dynamic mix of musical scores. It would be very cool to go from classical architecture music scores during a jump, drop sequence, and or landing, to rocking out with modern musical scores when in battle or closing in on an objective. Of course it would also be very nice to have the music scores know to fade out when you go to passive radar modes and such, leaving only the ambient noise left for the pilot to hear (of flora, fauna, weather effects and of course footsteps); while waiting to spring that trap and leap upon the prey...
Those are my thoughts on the matter, and I’m looking forward to seeing this game launch, regardless of if there is music or not!

#26 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

And you can only listen to "Ride of the Valkyries" if you are actually piloting one!

#27 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:52 AM

I wouldn't mind the EVE or APB mmo style of allowing you to put in your own tracks and songs via mp3 to a playlist. That way folks can put whatever music they want in. I'm more of a mind to have orchestral pieces running lightly in the background so that I don't get any lyrics in the way of Teamspeak or VOIP programs I have running.

#28 Katrik Halsdorf

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTharkad...also, Colorado USA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

I think they should have music akin to the MW2 style but also build in a music player so players can listen to whatever they like. Built in music players is becoming popular and I wouldn't doubt that down the line it will become the norm for MMO games.

#29 Damien Matashy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

I am not sure how much music would play as part of the game. you would need to have music for each house. not the same music for everyone.

#30 Jacob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

Haters gonna hate

Seriously though just have mp3/flac/ape player built in and i will be happy.

Edited by jacob, 03 November 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#31 Ghost 9

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Usually I run iTunes in the background anyway so +1 to the calls for 'let the ringbearer decide'.

View Postinfinite xÆr0, on 02 November 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

*sigh* dubstep does not suit MW... This is a wargame, not some dance club

More proof that we each have our own tastes? Thanks for the response anyway.
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

View PostJacob, on 03 November 2011 - 08:16 AM, said:

Haters gonna hate

True.

#32 KitLightning

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Frontline Assembly is what shouts MechWarrior to me, they have the sound and atmosphere :)

Edited by KitLightning, 10 November 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#33 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

Combine the MW2 & MW4 music, give us symphonic rock! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users