#1 Phelan Adam Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

today I want to introduce my Davion Heavy Guards RCT Project for 2012.
Because I am sure this is the right place to find real AFFS Loyalists I post it here and now.

From 2000 up to 2002 I was leader of the german Davion Heavy Guards RKG (Regimentskampfgruppe) in the MW4 BuE3062 League. Later I had to wear real Stripes so there was no time for gaming anymore.
Now after an accident I will have to spend more time at home in the future, so I think it`s a good idea to reactivate that Unit... :P

In the BuE3062 we were 6 Lances, so 32 men... that was a pretty good structure for daily online battles. If possible I would do it the same way again.

Till we don`t have any further information about Mechwarrior Online I will not go online with the whole thing... but it would be nice to find some men for cooperation in this case.

I already did the basement for the Website:
Posted Image

It is supposed to look like a real governmental military web. You can get all available information about the FedSuns, the AFFS, the Royal Brigade and the Heavy Guards... but the heart of it is the Intern Forum and the linking to other AFFS/AFFC Forces.
For the public area I have Digital Artists and Models to make it all look real. If some of you also own a Davion Uniform it would be great to put some pictures of "real Officers" on that site ^_^
...as I already said: It has to look real.

This is no monopole for the role of playing the Davion Heavy Guards RCT... its just a max. of 6 Lances... if someone elso wants to found DHG Units we can also split different Forums on that page or connect different pages.

Thank you. :)

Edited by Phelan Adam Davion, 25 February 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#2 Hanyit Greyhame

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Phelan Adam Davion,

I would be honored if your RCT would deign to use the sig for the HDG RCT that I mocked up in this thread. It should help all of you Davions look cohesive. I understand if you do not wish to use them, but would be honored if you would.

Regards,

Hanyit Greyhame

#3 Phelan Adam Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Mr. Greyhame, Sir!

I myself have fun in always making new Signatures for myself... it`s just kinda Hobby.

But it would defenetely be an honor for me if I`m allowed to put your Signatures on my web so that every registered Davionist can use it.
All in all it`s a very good idea - it is like an Uniform.

#4 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

phelan i will be honored to serve in the DAVION HEAVY GUARDS sir. They are one of my favorite units to play.

#5 Black Draconis

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Mr. Davion,
I would be honored to serve you in the Davion Heavy Guards and be a personal body gaurd for you!!!!

Thank you very much,
Black Draconis

#6 Hanyit Greyhame

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostPhelan Adam Davion, on 25 February 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Mr. Greyhame, Sir!

I myself have fun in always making new Signatures for myself... it`s just kinda Hobby.

But it would defenetely be an honor for me if I`m allowed to put your Signatures on my web so that every registered Davionist can use it.
All in all it`s a very good idea - it is like an Uniform.

Certainly, Sir. I am glad whenever people derive pleasure from what I do. You are more than welcome to use and reuse them, repost them as well.

<S>

Hanyit Greyhame, RTG

#7 Phelan Adam Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Well, I expect your letters of application on my desk, Gentlemen. :)

Being member of the Davion Heavy Guards RCT is kinda like roleplay - this concept was very successful in the past.
Thats why a unavoidable requirement is a Character`s Name.
Everyone can own a nickname... but for the DHG`s structure we need correct names.
In action we use code-names like Gold-1, Sword-4 etc.

Every Mechwarrior begins in the rank of a Leftenant.
Lance Leaders are Captains.
Very good and successful Lanceleaders can become Major.

Cooperative Organisators like Webmasters, Moderators or the like are Leftenant Colonel or Colonel.
There are five higher ranks left in the AFFS... but to high for beeing CO (Commanding Officer) of such a "small" unit inside the RCT.

CO of the whole RCT is (official BT Character) Marshal Ann Adelmana.

The website will go online after we got further information about MW:O and the game`s structure. Till that day we meet here :P

#8 Taemien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Sort of interesting. I had no idea there was a German version of the DHG running around back in those days. I was apart of the NA based one that started up in 1999ish back in MechWarrior 3: Pirates Moon. Looking to get all the old guys back together.

#9 Zenner

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

I was a part of the Davion Heavy Guards ran by Mastrre, and later Champion. I served as unit XO for awhile until life called me away.

Now I would be greatly honored to return to the cause. If I am in a BattleMech, it will always be a Davion BattleMech.

#10 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

Good to see ya here Zenner. This is Parias, changed my online name a couple of years ago.

If you're looking to keep in touch with the old boys, check in here: http://davionheavyguards.shivtr.com/

Mastrre's signed up, haven't been able to find Champion yet. Though I think a buddy of mine still has him on MSN or something, will have to look into that. The sites a bit cobwebby but I check it about twice a week. We'll be sure to kick things off as soon as MWO hits.

In the mean time, see if ya can't play some MWLL (http://www.mechlivinglegends.net). Thats where I've been keeping my piloting sharp over the last two years. I can still rip a Madcat MKII or Blood Asp apart with a Thanatos or Bushwhacker even. :)

#11 Zenner

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Good to see you! I'll register right away. I have Champion on Xbox Live, I'll leave him a message with the link, unfortunately I never see him online anymore. I'll have to wait until the next big game release, that's usually when I see him.

I've been sorely absent from the BT universe. I've been immersing myself in the fiction of the Halo universe, and my game time has been consumed with Battlefield 3, but I can't wait to jump back into a battlemech again.

I checked out MWLL, but didn't have a computer that could make it look good enough until recently. I remember buying Crisis specifically for MWLL...I have a sweet flight yoke/rudder pedals setup I got for X-Plane, I wonder if I could configure it to work with MWLL; if so I would have a huge control advantage. :P (I definitely hope it works for MWO

#12 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Make sure you have Crysis Warhead (Wars is the multiplayer side of it). They updated the mod about a year ago to go with Crysis Wars. And I think a rudder setup will work. The actionmapper program is now part of the mod download and can be launched from the launcher. Its more or less intuitive. If you need help the Tech portion of the MWLL forums can help.

Just be prepared to get torn apart by Elementals and Longinus BattleArmors. They usually die in one or two hits, but they are hard to hit especially if you're out of practice or never faced them (MW4 didn't have them, but MW3 did). The dedicated BattleArmors (not ejected pilots) carry frightening weapons such as Micro Heavy Lasers and Mini PPCs. But pulse lasers and SRMs work wonders in taking them out.

The most frightening thing in the mod right now is the newly added Fafnir. I don't need to say much more. 2 Heavy Gauss, 4 Lt Gauss, 4 RAC5s, or even 2 Improved Heavy Gauss all tend to rip apart even the heaviest clan mechs. But its slow.

I love the mod. Being in a light mech against a medium or heavy isn't a death sentence. I've won 1v1s with Osiris or Puma vs Thanatos or Vulture in the past. And a Raven with its electronics package is god's gift to the team. The Atlas and Awesome could use a bit of work, but we'll see how that goes. Bushwhackers are utterly awesome though.

Course.. I am Inner Sphere biased as always.

#13 Scarlett Avignon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 913 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Phelan, I've actually been trying to form the Davion Guard units under a cohesive command in anticipation of working together once MWO launches. I originally commissioned the DG sigs that Hanyit created (still think they are fantastic.) If you want to get together sometime and discuss recruitment strategies, that's be great :P

Regards,
Franklen

#14 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm interested but I don't speak German. Well, not much at least. :P

#15 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

View PostPhelan Adam Davion, on 26 February 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Well, I expect your letters of application on my desk, Gentlemen. :P

Being member of the Davion Heavy Guards RCT is kinda like roleplay - this concept was very successful in the past.
Thats why a unavoidable requirement is a Character`s Name.
Everyone can own a nickname... but for the DHG`s structure we need correct names.
In action we use code-names like Gold-1, Sword-4 etc.

Every Mechwarrior begins in the rank of a Leftenant.
Lance Leaders are Captains.
Very good and successful Lanceleaders can become Major.

Cooperative Organisators like Webmasters, Moderators or the like are Leftenant Colonel or Colonel.
There are five higher ranks left in the AFFS... but to high for beeing CO (Commanding Officer) of such a "small" unit inside the RCT.

CO of the whole RCT is (official BT Character) Marshal Ann Adelmana.

The website will go online after we got further information about MW:O and the game`s structure. Till that day we meet here :D

If you're doing a RP thing and wish to stay true to the lore, the Rank a MechWarrior in the Fedsuns starts at is Sergeant. Lance Leaders would be Leftenents and Company CO's are Captains. Usually Majors are Battalion XOs.

Thats all from the Fedsun source book. Pre-Fedcom Civil War era of course.

#16 Capt Cole 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationSeattle Aerospace Defense Command, Terra

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hello my name is Captian. Will members be restricted to davion mechs or can we fight in anything we choose?

#17 Zenner

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

Does the prince fight in a clan seized Daishi? :) (Not yet I guess.)

#18 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

If they do restrict houses to house mechs. At least we have some good ones. CN9-D... oh yeah...

But I doubt it.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users