uve got to be kidding me most of this forum is not constructive ......

12 replies to this topic

#1 Eco

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

80 % of whats on this forum is not constructive ..... i make a joke about cheese and crackers , that gets locked for not being constructive , but a post named my little pony is op , thats perfectly constructive i do see where posting pics of guys dressed up as my little pony does help the beta testing , im sure the devs plan on using such post as a starting point for further expansions after the clans come out then we will have the MLP invasion of the clans lol... just saying if only contructive things are allowed on here what the heck is with that kinda stuff and the many thousands of people just crying about premade groups or crying about a build that eats them alive , or crying about getting left alone by the their team to be ripped apart by a pack of jenners.........LETS have a constructive talk about what is and isnt constructive ?

#2 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEquestria *Applelieface*

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

wait let me explain you that with a little picture

Posted Image
muahahahah oh iam not constructive also this number 89

#3 Thejusttired

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

Perhaps the Mods have finally decided to put an end to all the pointless Thread flood etc. just don´t be upset and take it. At least your particular Post that has been closed was really wasted bits n bytes. Theres a ton of unconstructive, flaming or simply pointless Threads. You may have been one of the first the new politics have been applied to. Or the my little Pony thread is just dead... whatsoever.... do Your Beta Tester job in here or switch to off topic...

Edited by Thejusttired, 12 September 2012 - 07:16 AM.

#4 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

Your post should have been in off-topic, not general discussion, which is assumed to be general game discussion. I'm assuming they locked it due to that, although a simple move would have worked too, it was TL;DR...so I'm hoping it didn't end up a flame thing.

AFAIK the Pony threads along with other junk, is all in Off-Topic....maybe finding the correct place to post would help you? They have a room for the off topic stuff, away from the info threads, if we all kept to that...things like this wouldn't happen.

#5 Thejusttired

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

Oh and btw... if it was up to me i would erase any Thread that doesn´t apply to these easy rules:

http://mwomercs.com/...-in-this-forum/

Edited by Thejusttired, 12 September 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#6 HandofBane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

While some of the threads may not seem very constructive (the whining about repairs/matchmaking/swaybacks/gaussapults/etc.), they do, at least some of the time, generate some kind of constructive discussion. Even if the same half dozen points get repeated ad nauseum into the ground.

If you feel a thread is blatantly pointless, or needs to be removed, feel free to report it and let the moderators make that decision. Much of the more pointless threads end up over in Off Topic, and the mods have no trouble moving threads over there. Arguing about moderator decisions here doesn't accomplish much of anything, if you have a problem with what one of them did, send a PM to the mods and they can check things out on their end if it was done properly.

#7 Card

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLenoir, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

PGI will now impose a $50 fine on you because your thread got locked.

Oh, wait... no they won't. In fact, nothing whatsoever will happen.

So why do you give a rat's ***?

#8 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

Because it's early and he hasn't had his tranquilizers yet....I mean coffee.

#9 Rescator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

View PostEco, on 12 September 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

.LETS have a constructive talk about what is and isnt constructive ?

It is a game forums. You cannot have constructive debate here, even about what is constructive or not.

#10 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

It's called "The Circle". It's a group of forumites who all bow down to their masters (PGI) and blindly worship all that they do. If you are not of the circle then you are a jerk.

Point being....

Don't be outside The Circle.
Be inside The Circle, Jerk.

#11 Dymitry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationSibko

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

I will agree that some of the moderation that I saw today left me a bit meh, your topic was an off topic, but it was not harming anyone. There are forest fires burning around, countless useless threads on the same beaten topics are opened daily etc.

Anyway, this should belong to offtopic.

And you could work on your thread naming skills a bit, just for the sake of quietness.

#12 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostEco, on 12 September 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

80 % of whats on this forum is not constructive ..... i make a joke about cheese and crackers , that gets locked for not being constructive , but a post named my little pony is op , thats perfectly constructive i do see where posting pics of guys dressed up as my little pony does help the beta testing , im sure the devs plan on using such post as a starting point for further expansions after the clans come out then we will have the MLP invasion of the clans lol... just saying if only contructive things are allowed on here what the heck is with that kinda stuff and the many thousands of people just crying about premade groups or crying about a build that eats them alive , or crying about getting left alone by the their team to be ripped apart by a pack of jenners.........LETS have a constructive talk about what is and isnt constructive ?

Yeah sucks when blatant trolls get locked for being ...trolls.

#13 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

This thread is being moved to offtopic, where it belongs.

This thread and the OP have been turned over to a Staff Moderator.

Enjoy MWO folks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users