576 replies to this topic

#121 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Are we going with C3 or C3i? Need to know whether I should take this 5 ton monster off my 'mech.

#122 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

C3, Warder's suspicions are that the RAI use C3i.

#123 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Sparks, I want you to know that I adore (no ****) your writing.

#124 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostGammadin, on 19 September 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Sparks, I want you to know that I adore (no ****) your writing.

:)

Daw. To be fair, though, I've been working on that piece since I posted Adrianna's bio (which is why it's pretty much entirely in the past) so it's had some time to be polished.

But thanks, it's uplifting to see it appreciated!

#125 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

I sold because I didn't want to run it by myself and my two partners and long time friends had lost interest. Our current line includes several different play map sets for use with D&D , Pathfinder, etc. A few 4E modules. Tubes of crystal game counters. And four board games (I designed 3.5 of them). Our web site is ThreeSagesGames.com (and is being kept by the new owners so it will remain up and funcional. I may write a 1950's SciFi role play game using Savage Worlds for the new owners. A project I never finished.

The Suomi Warder history was planned out through the Ji...had (It stars out that word) but I never wrote any of it as full stories. Might get around to it some day,. Jason was always my favorite character even though he didn't have a big role. Ultimately he eases Holly over her ingrained hatred of men. As it relates to whatever you are cooking, the Warders are based in the Free Worlds League and get entangled with the Word of Blake when the FWL shares info on the old DropShip drive space factory the Warders found. Wobblies and Warders don't mix well, but John Linna tries to remain seen as friendly by them while setting up an escape route to Coleson's Orb in the Periphery where they found some NovaCats. John does not like ComStar as he has evidence that they torched his grandfather's lab killing a few people to delay the advanced C-3 system that the Warders eventually start to use. So ComStar comes to see the Warders as a WoB allies merc force and after the little brew up at Carver V ends up putting the Warders on their Bad Guy list. John doesn't like the WoB either as he correctly deduces that they plan to make a run at grabbing the star league. The Warders not thought dead are trying to avoid entagnlements with WoB or ComStar long enough to move their assets secretly to the Periphery.

I don't know your story plans, and as I mentioned when we spoke on TS recently...if you want to nudge Suomi Warder stuff into your plot for the RAI that's fine by me. If you have other plans then Jason will just along for the ride probbaly as a semi-comic relief that ends up trying to be the conscious for everyone else.

Edited by SuomiWarder, 19 September 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#126 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

If I had money to give, I'd offer to pay you to write more Warder fic...I did have fan girl moment when I saw it was Jason you were playing - he was one of my favourite characters, next to Sirocco, Ranger and Cascade. John was of course amazing as well, my favourites just tend to be the sideliners :)
Sounds pretty decent on the whole with the company then, are you still working there?

I'll see what of the side plots I can work in - I've already changed the OpFor based on char backgrounds, and I think I can make a little bit more of a fuss with the Comstar/WoBbly stuff without breaking anything. However that'd be all interaction based. If we do a follow up to this, I'm more than happy for the next campaign to be focussed on that :)

Excellent starter posts guys! I've only had a skim since I need to head to uni first, going to go grab some cereal, park on the end of my bed and read it until the last second or I get through them all, whichever comes first :)

EDIT: This is why I don't let people play with the GMs toys - Livessy and Cotto do know what's going on :)
'Course, that just means they have all the more reason to worry - Livessy hasn't been fully briefed yet. All he knows is the mission header and who OpFor is...
EDIT THE SECOND: Awwww cabbage patch kids. I forgot my timestamps and locations. *Hurriedly scampers off to add them*
Hey lemme alowan, I wrote that at 3 in the morning...

Edited by RogueSpear, 20 September 2012 - 02:59 AM.

#127 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:42 AM

Will do my Da*nest to post when I get up, I'm too annoyed to type anything decent at the moment. Sorry.

#128 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

Annoyed? What's up mate?

#129 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:19 AM

Eep. Have a good sleep thom!

Okay. Am rusty so bear with me. Am putting me game face. :D I may not know my c3s from my c3pos but here goes! Raccoon Brigade charge! :D

ps.Uber hot pic of Alexi, Oni Storm!

Edited by Nor Azman, 20 September 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#130 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

Great posts Azman - but if you don't mind your entrance to that bar was in the past. That way you can have joined up with Thom in the intervening time, and be waiting in the bar for him to return with the rest.
So to clarify, everyone except for Warder has already joined Thom's corp. No exceptions!

#131 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

Hihi RS. But... because of the events of Runvik,3049, character thom and character azman may have...issues... Well we'll plot something out. :D If anything goes too diecy, someone is always carrying some granades in a bar full of mechwarriors! :D

#132 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

Anyone who seeks to harm a bar will be immediately slain...
Did Thom and Azman ever come into direct contact in the WR? I don't think they actually did. And I'm not sure anyone ever found out who in the seven hells Azman was working for...

#133 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

...well its not space monkeys...thats for sure. :) *am really amp up with this RP and singing along with cartman's come sail away song right now* To Steel and Snow!!!

edit

View PostRogueSpear, on 20 September 2012 - 05:02 AM, said:

Did Thom and Azman ever come into direct contact in the WR? I don't think they actually did.

I think character thom and character azman eye-balled each other briefly...before the granades... Anyone using granades in a bar will be slain!!! :)

Edited by Nor Azman, 20 September 2012 - 05:20 AM.

#134 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

View PostNor Azman, on 20 September 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

Hihi RS. But... because of the events of Runvik,3049, character thom and character azman may have...issues... Well we'll plot something out. :) If anything goes too diecy, someone is always carrying some granades in a bar full of mechwarriors! :)

Very funny.... By the way, have been following the work, and nice so far. Oh and Az, I had an idea for something like that in Clan JF RP, except Draco, is going to leave a Falcon Star Captain in pieces instead. It will be later in the story though.

#135 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thom and Azman barely met one another before the Dalian Guard stormed in and started shoving flamethrowers into everyone's face...

Why I was annoyed. (excerpt from PM with Oni)

...I was getting Hella annoyed with the internet and stupid brother in-law. His alarm started going off at 4:20 this morn, and I kept having to wake him up every ten minutes afterward because he'll sleep straight through his alarm.

Funny thing, I went to bed at 5 because well I was annoyed, (yes I already said this) my wife got up at six thirty and he was still asleep with the alarm blaring in his ear... and he gets up and acts all surprised that it's so late.

*facepalm/desk* I wonder how long this will go on till he gets fired.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 20 September 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#136 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

I have found a pail of milk left out in the sun the day before, and telling them to wash their own sheets/mattress/etc afterwards to work wonders on getting them moving in the morning.

#137 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 20 September 2012 - 05:02 AM, said:

Did Thom and Azman ever come into direct contact in the WR? I don't think they actually did. And I'm not sure anyone ever found out who in the seven hells Azman was working for...

Ok There will be no alcohol abuse on my watch. Who dares threaten the mighty lick-her? :blink: :D

#138 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

SO I was talking to Rogue about the way the RP is going. And usual me I have a hard time sometimes telling were people are posting from. Lile are you in a bar with everyone else or in some mechbay... sometimes its just hard to tell. So I suggested that we start putting headers on our post specially if we switch positions half way through that was we know who is were and whats going on, Rogue seems to agree with me on this.

Figure try to stick to Rogues header as best we can, let me know what you'll think.

Conference room,
Rogue's Armoured Irregulars Recruitment Offices,
Mercenary Hall,
Harlech City,
Outreach,
24th February, 3063. 14:25 Hours,

#139 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

I am totally down for that. Time stamps are your best friends

#140 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

I've tweaked my opening post to include time stamps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users