Steel and Snow OoC Thread

576 replies to this topic

#141 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostDurgan Carlyle, on 20 September 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

SO I was talking to Rogue about the way the RP is going. And usual me I have a hard time sometimes telling were people are posting from. Lile are you in a bar with everyone else or in some mechbay... sometimes its just hard to tell. So I suggested that we start putting headers on our post specially if we switch positions half way through that was we know who is were and whats going on, Rogue seems to agree with me on this.

Figure try to stick to Rogues header as best we can, let me know what you'll think.

Conference room,
Rogue's Armoured Irregulars Recruitment Offices,
Mercenary Hall,
Harlech City,
Outreach,
24th February, 3063. 14:25 Hours,

Time stamps? time stamps? Who uses time stamps anymore in today's modern world of Mech combat? I use the new and improved Deep-space Extra-dimensional Regional Personel Locator or DERP-L, by Quickscell makers of Liao Be-gun, when you need Liao gone and need it now, turn to Laio Be-gun. ;)

#142 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostOni Storm, on 20 September 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

Time stamps? time stamps? Who uses time stamps anymore in today's modern world of Mech combat? I use the new and improved Deep-space Extra-dimensional Regional Personel Locator or DERP-L, by Quickscell makers of Liao Be-gun, when you need Liao gone and need it now, turn to Laio Be-gun. ;)

The DERP-L? Are you MAD? They still haven't ironed out the quantum-reflection deharmonization yet!

#143 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

Comments like these are why I love you guys.

#144 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 20 September 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

The DERP-L? Are you MAD? They still haven't ironed out the quantum-reflection deharmonization yet!

Comments like these are why I can't drink Dr. Pepper at the computer...

#145 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 20 September 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

"The wha....[Zap blitzz Bizzz] Hey what? Where'd I go just then? There were all these people in large clam shell like machines and there we these floating sea creature looking machines tending to them and buzzing around, and you were there, and you were there, and you, and you. It's just damn strang.. [Bizzz} Now then what were you saying about this device?"

#146 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

In case anyone is writing about wandering around the 'Mech Bay, this is the BattleMech that Jason Nelson (AKA Helstrum) is bringing to the party.

FLS/HV-1 Flashman "Storm Chaser"

Mostly like the stock Star League Era model. XL engine and double heat sinks, etc.

Upgrades: Mounts 3 IS ER Large lasers in place of standard large lasers. (all mediums mounted remain standard)
The rear mounted medium laser is removed, and the head mounted flamer is removed.

Those two tons are used for a C3 slave unit (the advanced unofficial Warder one that can link into a 5 mech network. [Still requires the massive master to be in link, unlike the 2 ton CS-I units that do not need a master.] The other ton is a TAG unit in the head.

The Mech's exterior has been pitted and 'weathered' to make it appear run down when in fact it is in perfect operating condition including the original Star League Faust/Shinji auto tracking and targeting system. Upon close inspection there appears to be a miniscule coolant leak dripping down the left leg from near the hip mount. This is a bogus drip rigged from a small coolant supply not attached to the system. Jason will tell anyone that asks that the cooling lines in that leg have been isolated and he tops off the coolant in that leg before battle.

There are inert but apparently real explosive charges along the core spine of the 'Mech. (Inside so only found if you are deep inside the thing). If started up it will not ask for a security code. However as soon as the computer boots it announces that the 'Mech has been started by an unauthorized person and will explode in 25 seconds. There is a time count down and an Emergency Shut Down Yes or No prompt. If nothing is done it will not explode but it will shut down again. The pass phrase "We hunt together again Storm" must be spoken within 25 seconds of start up for it to operate. Jason will warn the tech crew not to try to move the 'Mech.

It is currently painted a flat black with blue lightning bolt striping spider webbing across it.

For those not familiar with the Flashman it is a 75 ton heavy with an 86 kph top speed. It was first produced in 2701 and by 3040 few were known to still exist outside of the ComGuards. It would be a very rare sight. (And yes, the fake records for Jason have faked vids of his Flashman inaction in the past). This particular Flashman's total armament is 3 ER lasers, 4 medium lasers and anti-missile system. TAG and C3 slave equipment on board. 30 heat sink points.

This unit was captured by the Warders from a 'corporate' pirate who had managed to steal four of them in a ComStar employed DropShip moving them from an old Star League base to a hidden ComGuard facility. Misty Rhodes call sign Storm was the first Suomi Warrior to pilot this BattleMech. Jason took over it after her death in battle. John officially gifted the 'Mech to Jason in 3060 as a reward for outstanding bravery and service to the Warder unit.

Edited by SuomiWarder, 20 September 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#147 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

M...Misty's dead?
;)

#148 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

Hope that wasn't too horrible. I had a good post going then the stupid laptop wigged out on me.... ;) had to commandeer the bro-in-laws laptop. :P

#149 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

I quite liked it, but I still don't know what to call your little group ;)
What's going on with the skulls and the club? It's censored for whatever reason.

#150 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

Read nicely to me.

Did you sound an alarm to let your bro-in-law know you were taking the laptop? Did he sleep through that too?

View PostRogueSpear, on 21 September 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

What's going on with the skulls and the club? It's censored for whatever reason.

I think Oni named us as "Thom's Terrors" in his post.

#151 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

Could be a pet name or a working name that Thom used until he came up with the real one (That Alexi is still used to using) or something else entirely - I'm leaving Thom free to come up with what he likes.

#152 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

View PostRogueSpear, on 21 September 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

The bleeped out work was flanges, flan ges. I didn't know that word was offensive. Maybe I should have used leafs?

I'm thinking that Oni's suggestion, Thom's Terror's fits nicely. I like the ring to it, and it has a certain Capellan feel to it that I like.

View PostSparks Murphey, on 21 September 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

Read nicely to me.

Did you sound an alarm to let your bro-in-law know you were taking the laptop? Did he sleep through that too?

I think Oni named us as "Thom's Terrors" in his post.

Nah, that fat f**k was already awake when I got home at 1am... Infact, I don't even think he went to bed...

#153 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

*jumps up and down, high in caffeine*

Yes! yes! I vote we belong to thom's TTs! Terror be our name! Ooh, ooh should we kick the ball around about group theme song? ;)

#154 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Thom's Terrors it is ;)

#155 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Thom's Terrors a truly terrible team tactically, tirelessly taking and thieving treasures.

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 21 September 2012 - 05:54 AM.

#156 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

Don't start.
Please.
I beg you.

Edited by RogueSpear, 21 September 2012 - 05:55 AM.

#157 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostRogueSpear, on 21 September 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

M...Misty's dead?
;)

o7

Oh no.

-----------------

View PostRogueSpear, on 21 September 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

Don't start.
Please.
I beg you.

:)

#158 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostVodkavaiator, on 21 September 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

Thom's Terrors a truly terrible team tactically, tirelessly taking and thieving treasures.

Post of the year contender.

#159 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

So I wanted to make a post but I'm still confused as to were everyone is.. if anyone knows could you please inform me haha.

#160 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

hehehe. posted. Couldnt help myself once I realised the 3 As bit. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users