Battletech Novels Chronological Order

10 replies to this topic

#1 Korvis

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

ive read all of the battletech novels up to "endgame". I read them over the course of many years, and if you are enjoying the lore from the game, i thought it would be a good thing to let people know, if they wanted to fill their minds with more, where to start with the books, because there are alot of them.

http://www.stargazer..._novel_list.htm

that site lists the chronological order of the books, and while i suggest that you buy them all, that would be quite a gigantic load of money to drop... so ill just say, you can find them online.

at any rate, i strongly suggest to anybody who is enjoying the universe and lore that they read the books. many of them are written by many different authors, and the subject matter/main character for many of the books are different... so if you arent absolutely in love with a main character or story line, there are many more to look forward to.

anyway, good luck and i hope you guys enjoy the books as much as i have.

::edit::
just fyi.... the grey death legion and the jade phoenix trilogies are really awesome.

Edited by Korvis, 12 September 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#2 Yeach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Thanks... i really needed this as I have recently found my long lost Battletech novels.

Starting at Warrior: En Garde.
I only have Price of Glory from that trilogy.
I also like my Stackpole books.

#3 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

if anyone is missing a book and has an ereader i can let you have some of my .epub format books, i can even teach ya how to convert them to work on whatever reader you use, i have all of hte bt books and all of the dark age ones (i had alotta spare time and cash and got sick of hunting for paperbacks

#4 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 12 September 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

if anyone is missing a book and has an ereader i can let you have some of my .epub format books, i can even teach ya how to convert them to work on whatever reader you use, i have all of hte bt books and all of the dark age ones (i had alotta spare time and cash and got sick of hunting for paperbacks

I got a bunch of .epub books, but according to a "hack" I found to get them on my ereader (A Kindle 2, I think. Specifically, the one with the physical keys), my particular version wasn't supported. Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, though if you have differing info, do contact me. :)

#5 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

lol all versions should be supported, all you need is a program called adobe digital editions to convert the epub file to whatever format your reader uses

#6 Damocles One

Rookie

• The Clamps
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 12 September 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Hey Lightdragon, I'm trying to get my hands on the Dark Age books and was wondering if you would be able to help me out. I'm just starting to read the Battletech series and would love to add them to my e-books. Let me know what I can do to make this happen.

#7 Khan Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, U.S

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

I recently finished the Saga of the Grey Death Legion. Great story arc. I had already read the Warrior series not too long ago so have skipped to Wolves on the Border. I have to say I am loving this story as well. How could anyone pick that horrible house of snakes after what occurs in that story!? I've been buying them up like crazy and can't wait to move onto the next one, Heir to the Dragon. I agree with the OP, if you have any love for giant mech destruction, read these books. They are great and keep me in the mindset for MWO. I can't wait for some community warfare!

#8 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

I'm working through the Heir to the Dragon and Kuirtans are annoying as ****.

#9 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

I remember reading the heck out of those books when I first got into Battletech. The first novel I picked up was Decision at Thunder Rift, and I was hooked.

I need to read the Dark Age books.

#10 Und3rSc0re

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

Thank you korvis, I need to go read books now.

#11 Brilig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 667 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Thanks.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users