Whos looking foward to Armored Core 5?

51 replies to this topic

#21 AlanEsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

AC4 was too twitch for me. I managed to beat just about every enemy, but that's just not my style of game. I liked the extreme customization but didn't really make use of much of it... i.e. after getting good torso, head, legs, etc, pretty much the only thing I changed was guns for different situations.

Anyway, thanks for the thread, I'm going to keep an eye on this one and see how they've changed the game.

#22 Mech Crusader 5000

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAny place that has Mechs, like here

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

No problem dude. Anytime. :)

View PostEvinthal, on 05 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Eh, AC:4 I didn't like because they changed the controls from what they had been in every other Armored core game and I just could NOT get the handle of it. Armored Core: 4 Answers went back to the old controls and I loved that one. Except for White Glint. Dear lord how I wanted to put my controller through my tv serveral times over while fighting her. over and over and over and over and over again.

I bought it on Steam while it was on sale a few months ago, I thought it was okay. nothing spectacular but not really horrible either.

Ok. Then maybe then I will get it.

Edited by Mech Crusader 5000, 06 March 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#23 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

started out with silent line, then got AC3, have played every PS2 title, and own every PS2 title, sadly my PS2 is -dead- now. Tried AC4 at a friends, and eh it was way too easy compared to the later PS2 titles. The older titles had horrible AI, AC3 story line (3, SL, Nexus, NB, LR) got better with each one, (Save NB. No storyline= fail.. oh just shoot up people. Plus side= easy way to get some parts to start out with for LR. Easy way.) And last raven was just.... wow. AI not only comparitively smart for when it came out, but then to make it harder as they couldn't make the enemy smarter, they decided to instead give each and every enemy AC hacks. Frusterating, but fun to know you won legitimately wheras they were hacking. Yay! Anyhow, while at first I liked heavy mechs, I eventually got into the habit of skirting the line between light and medium, and was -twitch,twitch- -dodge, shoot,dodgedodge- Loved bosting sideways at the last second to evade a large missile, or duck under a railgun at the last moment.

My main complaint; From Software- you make amazing graphics for your games, focusing on what should be focused on (complaints for the AC3 line later on for graphics, they improved the mechs but not the background as they couldn't stress the PS2 much farther.) And you have a decent storyline behind your mech games (a graphics and expanded re-release of the AC3 storyline would get me to buy a PS3 if they refused to do it on PC. Though the storyline still doesn't match the level of Battletech, it's still pretty good for a videogame only seires.)

I miss surfing on jets while shooting a spray of bullets as I wave my way up to my enemy and impale them through the cockpit with a laser blade. Fun times. Fun times.

#24 HeroicTofu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the Ford Galaxy

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostEvinthal, on 05 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Eh, AC:4 I didn't like because they changed the controls from what they had been in every other Armored core game and I just could NOT get the handle of it. Armored Core: 4 Answers went back to the old controls and I loved that one. Except for White Glint. Dear lord how I wanted to put my controller through my tv serveral times over while fighting her. over and over and over and over and over again.

I bought it on Steam while it was on sale a few months ago, I thought it was okay. nothing spectacular but not really horrible either.

Oh god, I remember my first several attempts at attempting to defeat White Glint *twitch* I eventually came, saw, and conquered but I'm right there with you in that I almost lost a controller, a TV, and a wall from wanting to punch the #$#@! out of it.

But eventually my OCD kicked in as it does with AC games and I S-Ranked every mission...Which certain missions made me want to bang my head against the wall even more so then the White Glint fight. I'm looking at you Expert Mode Final Mission with 5 ACs against you.

#25 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

"Looking forward to Amored Core 5?"

;) Amored Core?

#26 Hellblazer

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostZakatak, on 02 March 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Japan ruins mechs.

Among most other forms of entertainment.

Japan invented Mechs broseph.

But yeah I definitely want to play this game. Curse my poorness.

#27 HeroicTofu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

Wasn't sure if I could get this one right away (as noted by my earlier post) but I'm actually ahead for a change O.o; So I've preordered for the PS3, if anyone wants to play when it releases, my PSN name is HeroicTofu (Big surprise~). It'll help stem the wait for MWO for a bit anyway :D

#28 Sinitron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDjevelens Bakende Kanal

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Who needs Armored Core 5 when you have MechWarrior 2 and 3?

#29 HeroicTofu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

I admit I have fond memories of MechWarrior 2, my very first Mech game and what started my huge interest in all things mech and mecha. But I've also been a fan of Armored Core and I get all... OCD with all the different part combinations in the game. It's very addictive for me!

#30 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

I just pre-ordered it for the Xbox 360 through GameStop (for access to the "heavy assault pack") today! :D

#31 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I remember playing one of the older AC games and I enjoyed it but wasn't aware the was a new one comming out,but now I think I might look into it,the more Mech the better.

Edited by Fabe, 14 March 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#32 Karyu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 148 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Yea. Preordered. It's the only other mecha I can get into...For Answer was crap though, sorry.

#33 HeroicTofu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostKaryu, on 14 March 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Yea. Preordered. It's the only other mecha I can get into...For Answer was crap though, sorry.

For Answer strayed very far from the 'source material' in many respects. As some other people have said, it was very much twitch based combat. Personally, I got into it because it made me feel like...I was playing a crazy Gundam-esque type game with the zipping around (Actually, there is a Gundam game that was released in Japan only that ran off of the For Answer engine. )

The biggest problem for me with Armored Core: For Answer... the Environments were borrrinnggg. Whereas even the very first Armored Core (which I still own and have in mint condition... *cough*) had this really awesome underground lab of sorts where you could hear a Japanese woman's voice echoing throughout at random intervals.... Was quite spooky.

Still, the game did have some merits. Fighting the Arms Forts proved rather fun and at times, quite challenging. The Spirit of Motherwill comes to mind.

#34 Zaius Ex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

I've been a fan of the series since AC2. Preordered it for the ps3 a while back and can't wait to play it. I miss tweaking all those intricate details to get the exact performance I want from my core.

I loved the Arms Fort battles in For Answer. I found the arena in that game easy compared to past entries, though. Some of the battles were even disappointing. Then again, it's also my fault for min-maxing my anti AC core. >.>

#35 HeroicTofu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostZaius Ex, on 14 March 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

I've been a fan of the series since AC2. Preordered it for the ps3 a while back and can't wait to play it. I miss tweaking all those intricate details to get the exact performance I want from my core.

I loved the Arms Fort battles in For Answer. I found the arena in that game easy compared to past entries, though. Some of the battles were even disappointing. Then again, it's also my fault for min-maxing my anti AC core. >.>

Haha, yeah, it can be pretty easy to abuse certain parts and strategies for the Arena. The only AC that ever gave me any real issue was Fragile because even trying to get a lock on with 'him' was brutal. Generally came down to a few lucky hits since 'his' armor was paper thin. One tactic I liked to use if you don't mind drawing out the battle is to create something wicked fast and just utterly dodge every single shot from the enemy. In the arena battles, the ACs run out of ammo eventually. Then just go in for a beam saber kill. Mua ha.

#36 Zaius Ex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

My roommate absolutely refuses to fight the core I use in the arena anymore. Iol

I think my favorite moment playing AC:FA came from flying into Answerer's core and 1 shotting the damn thing. I would've loved to see that from command deck on board.

"Sir, we're reading a long AC flying directly at us."
"Really? How quaint. He must have grown bored with life. Swat that gnat with the kojima cannons."
-blows Answerer's core-
"We've taken massive damage! We're going down!"
-explosion-
/trollface

#37 Phos

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

In For Answer I had this really fast mech for multiplayer where I was once hit by a kojima missle but outran the explosion.

So, yes.

#38 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

View PostMech Crusader 5000, on 02 March 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

I am taking a little survey. Who is going to get Armored Core 5 when it comes out? March 20th is the release date. I am definatly going to get it because the Armored Core series is awsome. The only thing that stinks is that the official website is practically all in Japanese because it is a Japanese game. So, whos going to get it when it comes out and what about the game do you think looks the most awsome? :D

i like the cool weapons in armored core, but thats it, their hit system is stupid, 1 hp pool for the unit, no hit sections, no blown off bits.

its like call of duty with mech skins, no thanks.

#39 Dr Killinger

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

I can't wait for it!!! I've played every single game since number when when I was a kid, this one looks properly good. I finished For Answer the other day in anticipation.

#40 Cody Machado

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • Locationnomad

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

http://plus4chan.org...32599068421.jpg
Damn how do you post pics in this thread!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users