#21 Faolan65

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

As previously asked:

LB10X slug/shot toggling?

HUD-map zoom, manipulation?

Is a test range for the mechlab in work?

Any plans to put ballistics in the Ballistic weapons?

any plans to fix PPCs to make them just as lethal as GR? I'm cool with the high heat, (as it should be for PPCs) what appears to be splash damage is making them not worth the heat.

MWO needs ridiculously huge maps, something that takes scout mechs at least 10 minutes to cross, that way they can actually be used for scouting, spotting, and/or ambushes can be set (and even better countered-ambushed). Please tell us there are huge maps on the way.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE elaborate more on the Community Warfare aspect of the Open Beta, give us something that assures us that MWO is going to be more than battle-in-a-bottle, repair, repeat.

Is a Solaris type play system in work or even on the radar?

What are the chances of rather than making the cockpit shake and a little red bar light up when hit, that the mech physically reacts to what direction its been hit from. For example, hit from behind lurches you forward, hit from the side lurches you to the direction the round was traveling, etc.

What are some of the additional simulator features that may be implemented in the future?

Thank you guys for all the hard work and making Mechwarrior EPIC!!!!

Oh and one more thing..... L.A.M.s? :)

Edited by Faolan65, 21 September 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#22 CloaknDagger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostRenthrak, on 19 September 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

Actually, I believe he is correct. The NDA does state that you may not tell people that you are in the beta. Personally, I don't think it's a particularly egregious violation, but it is what it is.
That rule was redacted.

#23 Renthrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostCloaknDagger, on 19 September 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

That rule was redacted.

If so, my apologies. Do you have a link to that? I haven't seen it myself, so I would like to check if there is anything else I've missed.

#24 Dramel

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Do you read beta feedback everyday, or from time to time?

Do you feel that the community has issues?
(Example, Elitism and etc)

Edited by Dramel, 19 September 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#25 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

• From dev comments on the forums and devblogs, I've come to understand that there will be some key differences in the way merc corps will be able to manage themselves as opposed to how house troops will function. Can you elaborate on this a bit? e.g. What sorts of tools will merc commanders have available? How will contracts work (single objection or signing on for a longer duration "campaign" with a house?)
  • From the released gameplay footage, and some PGI comments, it seems that SRMs in MWO are not going to be guided as they are in canon. When planned equipment (listed in Ask the Devs 1) like NARC Beacons, TAG, Artemis IV, etc. comes into the game, will SRMs be able to get any benefit from them?
  • Is ECM planned to be able to do cool active stuff like Ghost Targets, or just negate NARC and mess with targeting?
  • What is your plan to balance DHS vs standard heat sinks, given that canonically DHS is better in just about every way, gives 10 free engine heat sinks (against all logic) and only costs 3x as much for 2x the cooling (and heat sinks are basically cheap anyway)? Or is it even a concern?
  • When are we getting LAMBS?
  • How do you best like your revenge served?
  • What's your preferred 3025 Thunderbolt variant - TDR-5S, TDR-5SS, or TDR-5SE?

#26 NessOnett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Here is a quote from Ask Devs 17

View PostGarth Erlam, on 17 September 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Q: Have you guys ever considered making customization more akin to refit kits in Strat Ops? See page 188 for what I mean. [Stormwolf]
A: Yes, and we feel our system is the best mix of tabletop, past MechWarrior games, and our own spin. It allows customizability without compromising the idea and purpose behind the weapon, chassis, etc. [Garth]
HOW? How is it not compromising? How does the HBK-4SP fill any different role from the CN9-AL?(not talking about their stock loadouts, but the mechs in general).

I don't want to break the NDA, so I'll start talking in lore terms. In the BT universe, the entire point of the Hunchback is that it is the only medium mech to be able to field a large ballistic weapon. It does this by sacrificing speed, maneuverability, and logicial design. Because extremely lopsided chasis make the weapon area very exposed and easy to remove. It has many noticeable downsides to offset the extreme upside of being the only *cough* only *cough* medium mech that could use something like an AC/20. If it doesn't have this niche role, it would be useless compared to other mechs of its weight class, because it retains the physical downsides.

People harp on MW3's mechlab for allowing far far too much customization. To the point where there were four mechs. "Gunbag Light," "Gunbag Medium," "Gunbag Heavy," and "Gunbag Assault." And I don't think anyone wants to see this trend again... <_<

So I reiterate, HOW did you not compromise the unique role of different mechs?

Edited by NessOnett, 19 September 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#27 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 19 September 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

And here we go again, ask your questions and I'll pick different, easier to answer ones instead!

There are several challenges to getting weapon balance right in my opinion, especially with a Mechwarrior title, which has to balance, armor, DPS, burst damage and heat management, and you have lore and Table TOp examples of mechs that were based on assumptions on damage per ton, damage per heat, and heat dissipation rates that are not always easy to translate to a real time game.

Q: Do you feel that weapon / damage / heat balance is mostly right now and minor tweaks are all that remains, or do you expect a few more significant changes or overhauls?

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 20 September 2012 - 04:58 AM.

#28 Raketenwurm

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

Q: Is there any chance that you will add the ability to crouch your battlemech while standing still?

#29 Icaruss

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

What can you tell us about the plans for the meta game besides soon™ and/or working on it?

#30 Faolan65

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

Garth, as you can see the natives are getting restless.... There are 7 main topics that spawn 50 threads a day each.
1. NDA by the wannabe internet lawyers
2. boating (both by the boaters and by the non-boaters)
3. how the in-game economy conflicts with their ADHD
4. TT/Canon vs BF3 players
5. F2P vs P2P
6. Buff my favorite weapon/Nerf my least favorite weapon wars
7. Macro/AFK C-Bill mining

I know its time consuming to reply, and you're restricted in what you can and cant say, but the more engagement we get from you guys, the less speculation, infighting/flaming there will be on these forums. And the forums will be more useful to you guys, cuz it will cut down by 75% the cr@p that is not constructive to the development to the game.

Edited by Faolan65, 20 September 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#31 vayne

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Couple questions from a Beta Tester.

Have you guys considered adding Coolant Pods to increase heat dissipation of a mech's heatsinks when used?

&

Will there be any player reporting/accountability system in the future to punish players for situations like leaving game, afk, purposely friendly-firing and suiciding, etc?

#32 DawningGlory

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Even though it was introduced in 3051.  Are you planning on introducing into the game the mech "Piranha"
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Piranha

Edited by DawningGlory, 20 September 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#33 Rhyshaelkan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

What is the native resolution MWO is shooting for? 16:9? 4:3? Will the game scale well between formats in regards to field of view?

#34 NessOnett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

My favorite mech is the Uziel. Will I have to wait 17 years to get my hands on one? Or will the timeline be sped up/jumped forward at any point?

#35 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

When the communitiy warfare will start, how will the different factions have influence on the game play?

e.g. is the economy going to have a boos for Steiners or: Are the Davions the factions with lower ammo costs?

As it is each fation is having a special kind of fondness for something and will that be implemented at the game?

#36 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

You want me to ask, so I will ask.

1- There will be PVE content next year?
2- Will Clans be introduced as playable factions in less than 2 years?
3- How omni variants will be handle in mech lab?
4- Where is our #16 mech?
5- Are you planing to stop the IS mechs announcements in the #16 and moving next to clan mechs?
6- Is the #16 mech a Victor or a Cyclops? ^^

#37 Hodo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationArkab

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

Any plans on adding a 55ton mech?

Will there be a factional warfare system like MPBT:3025?

#38 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

We know armor values have been doubled. But have internal structure values been doubled (or otherwise adjusted) too?
Is it possible to blow off and entire section in one shot or is this prevented?

Thanks

#39 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

View PostRenthrak, on 19 September 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

If so, my apologies. Do you have a link to that? I haven't seen it myself, so I would like to check if there is anything else I've missed.

It was redacted because they let all the founders into the beta. So by simply having a founders emblem under your avatar is a dead give away to letting people know your in beta. However you cannot discuss things from the beta still.

#40 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

How will the alliance between Lyran and FedSun be handled in community warfare, will units from both spheres be able to combine or officially work together?

We have 7ish years before the split to take advantage of this union (even if the union doesn't officially occur until 3055).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users