#41 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostCCC_Dober, on 15 March 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Do you honestly think that's a good idea when this monster packs jump jets and a pilot with two working brain cells?
Don't get me wrong, it may work, but if the pilot is awake and able it amounts to suicide.

I bet that I could do it with a Incubus or a Ice Ferret.

I got from the gameplay footage that the Atlas torso twist seems slower then the torso twist on the Hunchback. The same would apply to the Stone Rhino. The jumpjets wouldn't allow you to turn in a 180° circle like in MW2, a Ice ferret would be able to keep up with a jumping mech if it tried to jump forward while torso twisting to get a shot in.

I have already managed to stay behind far more manouverable mechs in MW4 (Cougar).

The gauss rifles are in the torso, it won't be all that easy to aim them with the current system for MWO.
The biggest threat are the pulse lasers, those things are fast and accurate, but trashing a LT or RT would diminish that threat.

#42 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 15 March 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

I bet that I could do it with a Incubus or a Ice Ferret.

I got from the gameplay footage that the Atlas torso twist seems slower then the torso twist on the Hunchback. The same would apply to the Stone Rhino. The jumpjets wouldn't allow you to turn in a 180° circle like in MW2, a Ice ferret would be able to keep up with a jumping mech if it tried to jump forward while torso twisting to get a shot in.

I have already managed to stay behind far more manouverable mechs in MW4 (Cougar).

The gauss rifles are in the torso, it won't be all that easy to aim them with the current system for MWO.
The biggest threat are the pulse lasers, those things are fast and accurate, but trashing a LT or RT would diminish that threat.

I've been piloting all kinds of Mechs in MW4 and the heaviest were more than capable of dusting off and fire straight down at anything biting their ankles. If directional jump jets are part of the deal, even more so. Conversely, it took me ages to chisel away at the rear armor and structure of the big boys, despite being dead accurate. That gave their allies ample opportunities to blow my anklebiter Mechs back to spawn in no time. At times like this I was tempted to bust out a high speed, reactive armored LBX40 Loki and return the favor with interest or a Long Tom Uller without any armor at all. Good times :unsure:

#43 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, the allies are the main threat. If this thing makes it into game, I don't see him running in unsupported. By the time someone got their hands on one, they'd understand the value of a 'Mech and want to keep it in working condition. It would likely serve as a Command 'Mech, hanging back behind the main lines and guarded by other 'Mechs. At least that's how I see it.

#44 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostCCC_Dober, on 16 March 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

I've been piloting all kinds of Mechs in MW4 and the heaviest were more than capable of dusting off and fire straight down at anything biting their ankles. If directional jump jets are part of the deal, even more so. Conversely, it took me ages to chisel away at the rear armor and structure of the big boys, despite being dead accurate. That gave their allies ample opportunities to blow my anklebiter Mechs back to spawn in no time. At times like this I was tempted to bust out a high speed, reactive armored LBX40 Loki and return the favor with interest or a Long Tom Uller without any armor at all. Good times ;)

I've been converting MW4 mechs to canon stats, some mechs had 5 times more armor on certain areas then the canon mechs. MW4 is not a good example when it comes to assault mechs.

I'll see if I can cook up a good canon inspired variant for the Stone Rhino.

#45 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

Here I totally killed a Stone Rhino at elite difficulty.
Though I would really prefer to fight against another player.

The Stone Rhino and Ice Ferret had their armor reduced to be as close as possible to canon levels.
The Ice Ferret had some weapons removed and the engine increased to be as close as possible to the canon design (it's still not as fast).
The Stone Rhino couldn't get its engine reduced to canon levels, it's too fast.
Too bad that I can't alter the stats on the Clan weapons, otherwise I would have adapted them as well.

Posted Image

#46 Londaik

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Behemoth 3025 First :

http://www.solaris7....fo.asp?ID=12120

und dann kammen einige bis 3052 dann haben die Clans diesen Mech übernommen und weiterentwickelt

bis 3075 war der Behemoth ein Actives Stern mitglied in 2't Line bestückung und sehr Effektiv mit Marauder IIC und Warhammer IIC zusammen

Entwicklung 3075 :
http://www.solaris7....fo.asp?ID=15159

der Behemoth ist ein Omni Mech aus den ersten Kriegen der IS verschwand dann zwar aber kamm zurück. Gibt in den Romanen und Sheet Book und so dazu reichlich erklärungen ich Spiel BT seit 1984

#47 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Those are non-canon mechs, and so are out of the picture.

And this forum is english-speaking.

#48 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostLondaik, on 28 March 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

Behemoth 3025 First :

http://www.solaris7....fo.asp?ID=12120

und dann kammen einige bis 3052 dann haben die Clans diesen Mech übernommen und weiterentwickelt

bis 3075 war der Behemoth ein Actives Stern mitglied in 2't Line bestückung und sehr Effektiv mit Marauder IIC und Warhammer IIC zusammen

Entwicklung 3075 :
http://www.solaris7....fo.asp?ID=15159

der Behemoth ist ein Omni Mech aus den ersten Kriegen der IS verschwand dann zwar aber kamm zurück. Gibt in den Romanen und Sheet Book und so dazu reichlich erklärungen ich Spiel BT seit 1984

Wrong,

The Star League took a number of Behemoth/Stone Rhino prototypes with them during the Exodus. The Clans engineerd the actual design in 2847.

Don't use Solaris7 as a source, that site is 90% fanwank.

Und bitte auf English posten in diesen Foren.

Edited by Stormwolf, 28 March 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#49 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

If I see one, I'm going to capture it. :D

#50 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

when GBL came out for PC i did a variant on this mech with 3 Gauss 4 med pulse and 2 srm6's. chain fire the gauss and if its not dead by the time the target gets in close you have the back ups... it was sad that i hardly got to use the other 2 weapon groups :huh: as for it being a 2nd line mech, per cannon i agree, but in practicality this thing is a BEAST of a front line mech.

#51 leftoverjack

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I think we all know that in any mech battle, it is individual skills/decisions and terrain that tend to be the dominating factors. I like all of the bravado, but IMO 2 great pilots fighting each other would have the skills to nullify equipment advantages. I would love to see/participate when 3050 comes along...

#52 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Do want...

#53 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 05 March 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

Try it, warden bear, try it! Posted Image
Another example: The Annihilator is exclusive to the Wolf's Dragoons, but i hope i can take it from them.

Right! It's not a omnimech and only the Smoke Jags use them in their frontlines. Just myths and speculations that other clans had some in their toumans...

Whatever...It would be nice, if rare mechs like Annihialtor or Stone Rhino were available in MW:O sooner or later.

Annihilators were not exclusive to exclusive to Wolf's Dragoons, after all the Wolf's Dragoon got all their equipment from Clan Wolf.

#54 Warlune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MECH.

HOWEVER

Theres no way in hell its gonna beat the Daishi for the 100 ton slot.

#55 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

So, why was this thread necro'd again?

Anyway, the prototype Stone Rhine/Behemoth has recently been released, it's called SAM-RS2 Matar and weighs 110 tons.

http://www.masteruni...8/matar-sam-rs2

And for the curious people, it has the following weapons/equipment:
2x Large Pulse Lasers
2x Gauss
2x Flamer
1x Guardian ECM
1x Medium pulse laser
1x ER Large Laser

This mech is completely useless though since it can't properly move (leg actuator problems).

#56 Nicholas Draconous

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

The behemoth is one of the unsee. In all reguards it was not a mech used in the clan invasion. The mech was not see untill 3055 during an Inner Sphere invasion in clan space

#57 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostNicholas Draconous, on 12 February 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

The behemoth is one of the unsee. In all reguards it was not a mech used in the clan invasion. The mech was not see untill 3055 during an Inner Sphere invasion in clan space

Classic mistake, the TRO dates don't reflect the intro dates. Anyway, the Clan advance was halted in 3052, so there wasn't a lot of invading going on in 3055.

#58 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Where does the Stone Rhino mount the top-mounted Guass Cannon?

Like, which part of the body does it occupy via crit slots?

#59 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

XTRO:Boondoggles is the best thing ever.

#60 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Armament

The design featured Large Pulse Lasers in each arm, twin Gauss Rifles in the torsos fired through the dorsal barrel, and an almost superfluous Small Pulse Laser located just below the cockpit. The Stone Rhino also sported an interesting feature; each arm contained a retractable, shock-absorbing cowl covering the weapon barrels. This allowed MechWarriors to use the arms as battering rams without damaging the weaponry.

Edited by Skylarr, 18 February 2013 - 08:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users