Persistant purchases in cash shop

39 replies to this topic

#1 TwitchTv Morkani

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm curious to know if what I purchase in the cash shop will be persistant. (with the obvious exception of a premium account)

ie: hangers & fluff

On principle, i've never made a purchase in a F2P game that "gave me an extra hanger for 30 days" (for example) or anything else that wasn't persistant.

Please make cash shop purchases persistant.

#2 Maverick Howell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

well APB reloaded does that with just about everything in its store. everything is just expensive and only lasts 30 days. not to mention buying a gun IN GAME will cost around 25-30 actual bucks. WHICH IS INSANE TO PAY FOR WHEN ITS NOT REAL. I say keep it at a fair price and keep things persistent that way people feel like they get more money out of their buy.

#3 TheRulesLawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

They haven't covered this. I'd be very disappointed if my purchases just amounted to a rental.

#4 ScrewCityChris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 06 March 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

They haven't covered this. I'd be very disappointed if my purchases just amounted to a rental.

The exceptions I could see to this are: "premium" for 30 days giving you more points/credits/exp, consumables (if any), maybe Corp planet holding stuff? I have a feeling Corp stuff is where we are going to see the most nickle and dime type cash shop stuff.

#5 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

No one Buys or Rents anything anymore for crying out loud. It is all Leasing now. Peeps Lease everything.

Be happy. At lease you got a Mech. lol :)

Edited by MaddMaxx, 06 March 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#6 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

For an online game, non-permanent purchases for anything more than temp xp/cbill buffs pretty much paint a picture that devs have no faith in their product and are trying to suck as much money out of the player base as they can before we realize the design flaws.

I do not expect we will see any of that foolishness here.

#7 Dataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationJakarta, ID

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

I have a good hope they won't sell PPC for 20 bucks for only a month.

#8 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostDataman, on 06 March 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

I have a good hope they won't sell PPC for 20 bucks for only a month.

Better than a nickle a shot. :)

#9 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

I do not know why i thought of this but i just have this idea of them selling dhs. Like you buy 10 dhs for like $10. They are your permanently not just for 30 days, But if they get destroyed in game and you dont have spares then you get a standard heat sink unless you buy more dhs.

They could do this with other lost tech as well. If your mech variant doesn't already come with the new stuff you could buy the upgrade for cash and have it installed. If players dont want to pay for it they dont have to they just have to pick a mech or variant that does come with the tech.

#10 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

View PostMaverick Howell, on 06 March 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

well APB reloaded does that with just about everything in its store. everything is just expensive and only lasts 30 days. not to mention buying a gun IN GAME will cost around 25-30 actual bucks. WHICH IS INSANE TO PAY FOR WHEN ITS NOT REAL. I say keep it at a fair price and keep things persistent that way people feel like they get more money out of their buy.

seriously? if so thats just insane, apparently they don't know about the Microtransaction Raptor! Well I guess if you want to have a game that hardly anybody wants to actually ever spend any money then its a great idea!

The only non-permanent purchasable things should be XP boosters or something similar, but nothing like mechs or equipment. Now when it comes to extra hangars, well I could see it either way though obviously I'd prefer it being permanent as well, but a reasonable monthly rental fee for extra hangars could work but it'd have to be on the cheap.

#11 Arnold Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • LocationBielefeld, NRW, Germany

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

View Postosito, on 06 March 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

I do not know why i thought of this but i just have this idea of them selling dhs. Like you buy 10 dhs for like $10. They are your permanently not just for 30 days, But if they get destroyed in game and you dont have spares then you get a standard heat sink unless you buy more dhs.

They could do this with other lost tech as well. If your mech variant doesn't already come with the new stuff you could buy the upgrade for cash and have it installed. If players dont want to pay for it they dont have to they just have to pick a mech or variant that does come with the tech.

Me neither! :)
They already stated that you can't buy a tactical advantage with hard cash! Which would that just be.
If you didn't read the dev blogs and Q&As already, it would be a good idea to do so!

#12 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

View Postosito, on 06 March 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Yes, lets turn this into a pay to win game.

#13 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I would think the purchases would be stuff like the ability to customize paint jobs or things like that. As soon as you allow anything even borderline advantageous as a purchase, the min/max people will exploit it.

#14 KeifferTron3000

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

i hope they dont.

#15 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

I already have read them!! Like i said it was a thought i had, and also some mechs at this time will already be getting dhs and the new tech put in them so how is this getting a overwhelming tactical advantage. It isnt since their will be mechs and variants with some new tech on it. i do not think all mechs will have new tech put in them at time of launch so some mechs will have a slight advantage over others. This can be overcome with teamwork and tactics. That said i do not think or want this to happen like i said it was a thought i threw out there nothing more.

#16 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

This has all been covered gang:

http://mwomercs.com/...4-role-warfare/

Let's say you level up your mech and pilot through a series of battles, and then one fateful day you have your ride completely destroyed. Do you lose all mech XP and start over in a new mech, but retain your buff pilot abilities? –BarHaid
[PAUL] You will not be able to have your ’Mech destroyed but that being said, if you somehow lost your ’Mech you would not have to rework your way through the mech Tree. You retain your XP for that chassis.
[DAVID] Your ’Mech can never be completely destroyed. Even when it’s shot to pieces, your team of mechanics and techies are skilled enough to restore it to a bare minimum, just barely functioning state. If you pay your repair bills, they’ll be able to repair it all the way up to a perfectly pristine condition. So you won’t lose any of your ’Mech XP or the ’Mech Efficiencies that you have unlocked with it. Also, keep in mind that the ’Mech Efficiencies represent not just the small tweaks and tuning that your tech team performs on the ’Mechs that you pilot, but also your ability as a pilot to squeeze the extra mile out of every system as you become more familiar with operating a particular model or variant.
[GARTH] To be clear, you could take a damaged ‘Mech into combat, if you wanted to.

#17 TwitchTv Morkani

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostSI The Joker, on 06 March 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

This has all been covered gang:

http://mwomercs.com/...4-role-warfare/

I think you're assuming we're talking about just mechs here, i'm not....i'm talking about anything the dev's deem worthy for us to spend cash on in the cash shop, it could be mechs, but i doubt it, the only real example i can think of is fluff items & hanger bays. I'm hoping these will be perminant and not a per month charge.

#18 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostMorkani, on 06 March 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

I think you're assuming we're talking about just mechs here, i'm not....i'm talking about anything the dev's deem worthy for us to spend cash on in the cash shop, it could be mechs, but i doubt it, the only real example i can think of is fluff items & hanger bays. I'm hoping these will be perminant and not a per month charge.

I highly doubt it. When it comes to most things regarding the payment model, I expect they will almost completely resemble the League of Legends model, as it was the first extremely successful western free-to-play model. And that's where the difference lies (western). Many eastern models use very grindy setups or have rented items (like in Gunbound. Fun game, crap payment model). League of Legends, however, turns that all on its head. It has a very fair model, and not once did I have an issue with it since my first day playing the game waaaay back in beta all the way until just a few months ago when I quit.

#19 Michael Rosario

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII... isn't everyone?

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Personally, I believe any solid in-game item (weapons, mechs, nifty little add-ons for your mechs) should be persistent to a certain extent. Yes, I believe the weapons and mechs should be there until they're destroyed, however things like navigational voices (like Castle from MW4:Mercs) and HUD styles I could see being "leased", where you pay a much reduced amount for having them only for a limited time...

More optimistically, however, I'm kinda wishing that EVERYTHING can be bought in-game with c-bills, and the cash shop is only up to be an alternate source of c-bills aside from your standard in-game pay. Using the mech/weapon prices from MW4:Mercs, I think $1/1,000,000 c-bills would be pretty fair.

#20 EDMW CSN

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostMichael Rosario, on 06 March 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Personally, I believe any solid in-game item (weapons, mechs, nifty little add-ons for your mechs) should be persistent to a certain extent. Yes, I believe the weapons and mechs should be there until they're destroyed, however things like navigational voices (like Castle from MW4:Mercs) and HUD styles I could see being "leased", where you pay a much reduced amount for having them only for a limited time...

More optimistically, however, I'm kinda wishing that EVERYTHING can be bought in-game with c-bills, and the cash shop is only up to be an alternate source of c-bills aside from your standard in-game pay. Using the mech/weapon prices from MW4:Mercs, I think $1/1,000,000 c-bills would be pretty fair.

So a commando will cost like $3 ??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users