Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Nice wall paper looks great on my 61".

#42 garx8

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostVexgrave Lars, on 07 March 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

White Scoutmech.. really? LOL!

may not have been repainted from the last drop into a polar regeon.whitch gets me wondering if we'll be able to camoflauge our mechs for the area we are droping into and will it actualy be efective in game?

#43 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Arcturan Guards Jenner ftw!

#44 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

View Post=Outlaw=, on 07 March 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Maybe its just the angle, but that has to be one hell of an angle.

They always look bigger when you're gazing down between 'em. :P

#45 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

I can live with that as my mechbay :P great work

#46 Ro Agato

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPlanet Diana, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Wait,wait, wait.
What about Sound?

Such a huge Mechbay or the Dropship-hangar.. you know, you have great echo inside :P
What would u want for a Backgroud Musik to play?

Some hard Rock Songs?
Here some 80´s Stuff with Bonnie Tyler lyrics:

watch this vid :D
http://www.youtube.c...bed/iyD87tsSWgw[/url] [url="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iyD87tsSWgw"]

"Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods
Where's the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed
Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight"

Edited by Ro Agato, 07 March 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#47 Kartr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

View Post=Outlaw=, on 07 March 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

No
A Jenner is still 35 tons of "stuff"...regardless of what it is (be it ammo, heatsinks or simply more lasers in lieu of ammo) We have next to zero information on the densities are each component, so we assume on average each mech is the same density.

You can't assume each 'Mech has the same density or even an average density. We know that the Atlas has to carry dozens of cubic meters worth of ammunition. We also know that the Jenner has almost no need for ammo storage, so even if everything else has the same relative density, ammo storage would make the Atlas much larger.

Besides the 100t and 35t aren't a measure of mass or weight, they're an in universe scale of capability comparable to our BV system.

View Post=Outlaw=, on 07 March 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

Gameplay considerations should trump this, however. Large oversized assaults in MW4 (such as the atlas) were hardly used due to being big and clumsy. Even in zero restriction matches. In tonnage based matches, taking an Atlas was a complete joke. Im sure the MW4 devs made the Atlas really big in order for it to be intimidating....it did the opposite. It just made it an easy to hit target.

That's just the nature of 'Mechs in general. They are all large clumsy targets that would get picked apart by tanks, that's why the rules are skewed in 'Mechs favor so that stay cool and fun for people to play. Once again I have to applaud the Devs and FD for not shying away from the inherent nature of 'Mechs and being realistic.

#48 Outlaw2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationIn a van...

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostKartr, on 08 March 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

You can't assume each 'Mech has the same density or even an average density. We know that the Atlas has to carry dozens of cubic meters worth of ammunition. We also know that the Jenner has almost no need for ammo storage, so even if everything else has the same relative density, ammo storage would make the Atlas much larger.

Besides the 100t and 35t aren't a measure of mass or weight, they're an in universe scale of capability comparable to our BV system.

I don't think you get it, or refuse to get it. Sure it has no ammo considerations (actually it does have srm ammo). Regardless, it does have other types of considerations instead. Nowhere does it say that ammo is less dense than any other component. Its safe to assume an average density.

That's just the nature of 'Mechs in general. They are all large clumsy targets that would get picked apart by tanks, that's why the rules are skewed in 'Mechs favor so that stay cool and fun for people to play. Once again I have to applaud the Devs and FD for not shying away from the inherent nature of 'Mechs and being realistic.

What is this ..I dont even. The nature of mechs? What does that even mean?
You talk about how great arbitrary rules skew things in favor of mechs, and then applaud its realism? 0_o
Does this even relate with how the Atlas and Jenner are off scale to each other...or that the Atlas was over sized to other MECHS in past MW games? Its cool if it doesn't..

Edited by =Outlaw=, 09 March 2012 - 04:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users