#1 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

The Community Warefare heavy league, the Inner Sphere wars, needs a House Davion unit. The previous House Davion units all went inactive or pulled out of the league.

The Federated Suns has slowly been gobbled up by House Marik's expansionist dreams and I'd like to think at least one of your illustrious units would like to put a stop to it.

I am, of course, only a part of the small and humble FRR, but I do believe House Davion needs you.

http://innerspherewars.eu/

#2 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Heh, The units that would be worth having stop the Marik's are too busy earning glory and honor in other leagues. The likes of HHoD and the units of similar caliber would be a waste of space.

#3 Pereset

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 45 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

Davion Royal House Guards just lost 75% of its members to visions of greed and avarice as mercenaries. Some of them are still sporting Davion colors and symbols, but were swayed to create their own unit through inner pressures from senior staff and an outside influence that entered DRHG like a computer virus. I recorded entire conversations of one specific individual. The infiltrators were using lore and canon as arguments to become mercenaries, in addition to claims that PGI is validating and supporting the formation of mercenary groups, by stating that in order to master any future mech variants (once Community Warfare begins), the only way anyone will be able to do so, is to become a mercenary.

A simplification of his further argument was that if anyone in a house will want to master their mechs,if the mech is not a house mech, they will pay out the nose for it because they are not a mercenary.

His timing could not have been better for him. We focused on maintaining a small unit, and were in a very vulnerable state. Our senior staff was not happy with the policies that had been in place since they had joined and were determined to change them. I had created a very tight-knit group that developed a close bond. The bond was so tight that when the senior staff left in what they thought would be an orderly removal of just a few individuals, they ended up taking the most active and best members we had.

So, we are working hard at rebuilding an much smaller unit than we started with, that supports our policies and is willing to learn new tactic formations. Since we now have to change our strategies, our Commanding Officer is developing brand new ideas for 12 v 12 confrontations. It took us over a year to recruit and massage the talent we had into a "diamond in the rough" type of unit. In the meantime, we will probably be severely limited in our ability to make significant headway in Community Warfare, relying heavily on Davion House, until we can regroup into a successful elite Davion unit once more.

I was sincere in a feeling about leaving the game entirely after losing so many of our unit in one rush, but knowing that we were able to recruit members who relied so heavily on each other, and got along so well together, that they would leave en masse has proved to me that I can once again, assist in managing a team that will rival the team that was taken away from us. We lost so many very good friends and exceptional pilots that left us for the mercenary style of warfare. Our hope is that they see those individuals for what they are; perhaps even notice those chinks in what they see is impervious armor, and return to Davion House one day.

For House Davion and all Inner Sphere Houses:

We believe that the people who were able to coerce our senior staff and ransack our small unit were part of "The Goons" that is mentioned in various forums, to form what will be their own crack goon mercenary unit, (unfortunately trained by us). We expect further attempts to utilize our former members to infiltrate and coerce other inner sphere house members to join their ranks (by staging them as new members, and telling your people the same story(ies).

They will exploit any problems you have within your own organization to convince your people to leave. I highly suggest that leaders maintain a very close eye on your new people that you allow into your house. Make sure that they are willing to conform to your policies that you have set up for your house, and that if you get wind of what I am talking about in this thread, that you boot that new person immediately. Otherwise, you may suffer the same kind of losses that we did. These people are very, very good at using existing dissension within an organization to cajole them to their cause.

(I found a bunch of goon-related threads in various forums that I am posting here):

(http://www.rockpaper...s-Events/page20)
(http://mwomercs.com/...quad-questions/)
(http://mwomercs.com/...-confederation/)
(http://mwomercs.com/...-combine-space/)
(http://mwomercs.com/...e-12-man-queue/)
(http://mwomercs.com/...e/page__st__240)

Wishing you the best of luck, Inner Sphere houses.

Make sure that you hang on to and cultivate your best mechwarriors. You never know what may be lurking in the shadows of the very organization that you have spent so much blood and sweat building up to what it is today.

Pereset Takami
Lt. Col., X.O.
DRHG

#4 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

Wait, so, some goons convinced one of your leaders to become a merc and took most your members with him?

Is that basically what you're saying?

EDDIT: also, most your links are crazy old..I think the Goons have pretty much given up on MWO.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 06 December 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#5 Pereset

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 45 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Our senior staff members were convinced. Not one of our leaders per se...go figure.

Some other house leaders were thinking that, including people in game. So, who are the people that managed to coerce our members into such a radical path in the game?

Note: I realized that the links were pretty old. Something is going on in the game, though. We are hearing this from Inner Sphere houses throughout the game. Right now, they seem to have been focusing on Davion House and our units.

Anyway, I have been creating and forming combat teams for a very long time. I guided teams in the military for over 20 years. This was not my first party, and I guess will not be my last.

Just understand that one of the major reasons so many vacated the unit was largely due to the fact that they enjoy playing together. That says a lot about the camaraderie that had been cemented in the unit.
They are a fantastic group of people, with a very strong dynamic.

My argument here, is that if that could happen to our group, it can happen to many others. A great many members could be lost due to these Community Warfare arguments through attrition, or dissension.

We need to stick together, as Inner Sphere houses, despite our differences. Even after CW begins.

Edited by Pereset, 06 December 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#6 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Ah Pereset, yet another Las Vegan =O)
This will happen and continue to happen in this game. Just like any other multi player game if a person or group of people get bored, they sway.
You may question ethics and use words like "loyalty". Truth is, people are going to get their own thing.
You have heard the term "Birds of a feather", well, this stands to be true here. People will see a larger group and swarm to it.
Believe me, I have seen enough people come and go in the Scorps over 17 years. It amazes me still to this day those who have stayed.
The other issue is this game. It unfortunately is a guild killer. Since October 2012 I have seen units swell into mega units. Now, those units are gone. It will continue to do so to many other units,especially the newly formed and as long as this game becomes more decaying...so will those same units. Very sad but an unfortunate truth

#7 nightsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

How true you are Lord Rush!

As long as this is little more then the arcade game of the week where you drop by and drop to get your Mech fix their is little to hold a unit together. I am a shinning example but for now I will continue to drop by and monitor and just maybe some thing will be under the tree in 2014. So you better all be good

#8 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

Thread closed, as the OP is a crosspost for the Inner Sphere Wars League, which has it's thread where it belongs... in the Fansite Jumpship forums.

Please continue your discussion there!

http://mwomercs.com/...or-mwo-opening/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users