• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

@ Rogue: Alright... Very limited, custom design.

I will allow up to 75 tons (at that point, the mech chassis start loosing structural integrity points due to the fact that the weight is putting that much strain on them, so having one that shifts around becomes far to difficult given present tech levels. From 60 to 75 tons, I will say that the LAM gear is going to cost 1.5x the normal weight allowance as you suggested. The fusion engine will work much the same as jump jets, directing the air and then superheating it with a little plasma until the air itself ignites. However, when in fighter mode, over thrust will cost fuel as afterburner use effectively (which is how I run my aerospace fighters anyway, as being able to only fly 75 hexes before having to stop and refule is just stupid).

Due to structural strain put on an airframe or a mech chassis from recoil on heavier ballistic weapons, I am going to restrict the AC/10 and AC/20 from use on the frame. Energy weapons, missiles, machine guns, AC/2s and AC/5s are all legal though. Thought behind that is that whole a dedicated airframe, or a dedicated mech chassis might be able to withstand the torsions and stresses, a flexible/reconfigurable frame has weaknesses.

I don't remember the critical slots for a conversion kit (it was 1 or 2 slots per location). I am going to say the 60 to 75 ton frame will take up +1 slot per location as it has to be beefed up to take the strain of the extra weight (meaning 2 or 3 slots depending on the original rules there). I can't wait to see what you produce!

@ Oni: I will get you added momentarily... I am going to slot you and Rogue into the Aerospace slots and allow you the twins if you want to play LAM pilots.

#22 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

Also, rather than 900 miles of painstaking design and layout to present you all with a rule book worth of info that is rattling about in my head... I completely agree with the guys here...

Go to http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/ and ge the skunkworks setup. This thing will make the design of your mech easy.

#23 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

How about a VTOL pilot?

#24 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

VTOL Pilot is something we don't have... and if there is any infantry at all, then it would be a nice way to ride in. Also, the ability to do forward observation, call fire, scout and so on. I will put you on the list.

#25 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

Ok, using your currently listed system, I bring you the Blazer LAM Fighter-90 , currently in trials at the <redacted> Aerospace Division Testing Grounds.

Blazer Stingray LF-90

Mass: 70 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-F-E
Production Year: 3023
Cost: 8,873,901 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,372

Chassis: Stingray LF-90 Standard
Power Plant: VOX 280 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: Pitban LFT-50
Jump Capacity: 120 meters
Armor: Maximillian 43 Standard Armor
Armament:
7 Hellion-b II Medium Lasers
13 Pittsburgh Steel INC Cargo, Insulated (0.5 tons)s
1 Pittsburgh Steel INC Cargo, Insulated (1.0 tons)
2 Lockheed Martin Douglas Cargo, Liquid (1.0 tons)s
Manufacturer: Classified
Primary Factory: Classified
Communications System: Telestar F-67
Targeting and Tracking System: SynCom VAX

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 107 points 7.00
Engine: Fusion Engine 280 16.00
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 4 Standard
Jump Jet Locations: 2 LL, 2 RL 4.00
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 19 8.00
Heat Sink Locations: 4 LT, 4 RT
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard w/ Full Head Ejection System 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA+H R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 200 12.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 22 31
Center Torso (rear) 10
L/R Torso 15 23
L/R Torso (rear) 6
L/R Arm 11 21
L/R Leg 15 25

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Medium Lasers CT 3 1 1.00
4 Cargo, Insulated (0.5 tons)s RT 0 4 2.00
3 Medium Lasers RT 9 3 3.00
4 Cargo, Insulated (0.5 tons)s LT 0 4 2.00
3 Medium Lasers LT 9 3 3.00
3 Cargo, Insulated (0.5 tons)s RA 0 3 1.50
Cargo, Liquid (1.0 tons) RA 0 1 1.00
2 Cargo, Insulated (0.5 tons)s LA 0 2 1.00
Cargo, Insulated (1.0 tons) LA 0 1 1.00
Cargo, Liquid (1.0 tons) LA 0 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 9

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 7 Points: 14
4j 3 3 0 0 3 0 Structure: 6
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Edited by Oni Storm, 04 October 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#26 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

Names subject to change of course :)

Do we need JJs on a mech that can fly? Seems kind of redundant to me, unless you need the JJs to achieve lift before the big engine kicks in...

Don't quite follow you on the rules for fuel, can you run that by me one more time?

Also, thanks very much for letting us commit some shenanigans ;)

#27 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

My preliminary LAM, using 11t of LAM equipment. Criticals for the LAM gear is shown by the Cargo (Insulated) storage. It also houses an extra tonne of fuel (Shown by the liquid storage in the right torso) and 2 2t bomb bays (The standard cargo in the torso). I'll need to talk to Dante about what missiles/bombs can go in there, as I don't have a clue what's even an option!

Terror LAM PV-48

Mass: 75 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Advanced Rules (allows use of Full Head Ejection System)
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-F-E
Production Year: 3025
Cost: Quite A Lot Of C-Bills
Battle Value: Hopefully Pretty High

Chassis: Terror PV-38 Standard
Power Plant: VOX 300 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: Pitban LFT-50
Jump Capacity: 120 meters
Armor: Maximillian 43 Standard Armor
Armament:
1 Magna Mk III Large Laser
2 Martell Medium Lasers
1 Retractable Blade
5 Cargo, Insulated (0.5 tons)s
2 Cargo, Standard (2.0 tons)s
1 Cargo, Liquid (1.0 tons)
Manufacturer: <Name pending> Aerospace Division
Primary Factory: <Name pending>
Communications System: Telestar F-67
Targeting and Tracking System: SynCom VAX

Equipment Type Rating Mass
Internal Structure: Standard 114 points 7.50
Engine: Fusion Engine 300 19.00
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 4 Standard
Jump Jet Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT, 1 LL, 1 RL 4.00
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 12(24) 2.00
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard w/ Full Head Ejection System 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA+H R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 176 11.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 23 26
Center Torso (rear) 7
L/R Torso 16 23
L/R Torso (rear) 6
L/R Arm 12 16
L/R Leg 16 22

Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
Cargo, Insulated (0.5 tons) HD 0 1 0.50
Large Laser CT 8 2 5.00
2 Cargo, Insulated (0.5 tons)s RT 0 2 1.00
Cargo, Standard (2.0 tons) RT 0 2 2.00
Cargo, Liquid (1.0 tons) RT 0 1 1.00
1 Medium Lasers RT 3 2 1.00
2 Cargo, Insulated (0.5 tons)s LT 0 2 1.00
Cargo, Standard (2.0 tons) LT 0 2 2.00
1 Medium Lasers LT 3 2 1.00
Retractable Blade RA - 5 4.50
Free Critical Slots: 24

The Terror LAM was drawn up in 2836 by <Name pending> to earn it's name, twenty tonnes heavier than the Phoenix Hawk LAM the Terror LAM was to be a devastating headhunting unit. Armed with a large laser for long range combat, it carried a pair of medium lasers and a retractable blade for close combat. The original schematics specified extinct, <Company name> model lasers that would be invisible to the naked eye. These were disregarded as lost and contemporary models equipped to the prototype. However, when the prototype was nearly finished, blueprints that were believed to belong to another 'mech were realized to be part of the Terror, being a blown up model of the mech's armour - which was to include a Chameleonic Light Polarization System. Added to the invisible beams of the lasers and the retractable blade, the Terror could strike from afar and close to melee without ever being seen. It was however, vulnerable to sight by thermal vision and it's electronic emissions could be tracked as such, lending context to scribbled notes on some of the designs.
Unfortunately the family has not yet so much as begun working on the CLPS, and the PV-38 recently constructed features only the LAM conversion gear and Full Head Ejection system as it's advanced components, all other parts being utterly standard in design and origin. It will need to prove it's worth on it's straight combat potentials alone.
However it's all energy loadout, extended fuel tank, and eleven tonnes of armour offer it significant battlefield longevity and it's retractable blade for BattleMech and AirMech modes and bomb bays offer it significantly increased versatility. Family engineers are hopeful that it will prove to be worth it's high cost.

History:
In 2840, as production on <Company name>'s new LAMs entered the prototyping stage, both the labs and factory itself were destroyed in catastrophic fires. The official investigation resulted in the conclusion that the neighboring facilities had been the victims of gas leaks, the truth was that the research being conducted had attracted the attention of Comstar, and Operation Holy Shroud.
Grief stricken, the widow of the company's lead designer and company CEO simply piles all the various doodles, drawings, data files and the like scattered around her home into crates and packs them into the attic. ROM is none the wiser.
Bankrupt, the owning <Family> family were forced out of the vehicles industry, producing minor mechanical knick-knacks for small profits. Luckily for the <Family>s, this kept them off ROM's radar. In 2962, when the family expanded <Company Name> to begin producing civilian vehicles, ROM didn't even notice. By 2986, <Family> has opened a second factory, producing custom designs, bringing the family's ethos of industrial production full circle. With rare exceptions, the extended family produces only engineers and businessmen, all employed at the family business. For the second factory, <Oni's Dad>, one of the company and family's lead members, decides to expand the company back into military technology, acquiring the rights to produce first the Defender Medium Strike Fighter, then the Angel Light Fighter and Meteor Heavy Strike Fighter. Selling these cheaply to planetary militias, private armies, and mercenary units, they mass produce the fighters for a healthy profit.
In a daring move, <Company Name> takes out a loan and opens a third factory, this time after making deals with Hellespont Industrial and Vandenburg Mechanized Industries to produce the Urbanmech and Shadow Hawk mechs respectively on their behalf. With the funding from the larger companies, the first Urbies and Shadow Hawks roll off the production lines at <Facility>. In only a few years enough profit has been made to pay off the initial loan.
In 3005, the arrival of the Wolf's Dragoons and the sudden interest in their technological capabilities, including even a few LAM mechs, the family decide to go through old family records and storage to see if they have anything from the old days they can turn to further advantage. They find the box of old schematics and doodles that survived ROM's attack in 2840. Keeping everything within the sciencey members of the family to avoid industrial espionage, they begin work on designing and refining the mechs in the doodles. They eventually reconcile several flaws/problems in the design when they realize the designs are for more than one variant. They manage to finalize plans for several of these, and choose the two they believe to be the strongest designs. Quietly, they move equipment to the family mansion, and form a private production facility that is capable of producing prototypes in secret. They eventually build the Stingray and Terror LAMs, production finishing early in 3025. To hide the company's involvement until trials are completed and they can announce mass production rather than risk a PR debacle with failed models, <Oni's character> and his cousin <My character> are chosen from the family test pilots to attempt to master the designs when production begins, being sent to study LAMs at the <Appropriate university based on what faction we hail from>. Having completed their training, they are given the prototypes and shipped out to acquire work as mercenaries.

Don't worry, I'll edit in the names as soon as Oni and I finish debating them!

#28 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Both are excellent designs, and both have merits and flaws of course as all prototypes do.
For the 70 tonner, I would like to point out the 1.5x the weight of normal LAM gear and basically doubling the slots...

I am going to just state clear right now. If you are going to LAM a 60 to 75 ton machine, you will be paying 15% of the weight of the vehicle for hte conversion gear, and it will take 14 slots that will be governed at 2 in each torso and 2 in each arm and leg.

I seem to remember having to pay 7 slots when building them in the past and for 10 to 55 ton models it will remain at 10% of the weight and 7 slots.

As to the jumpjets... your jump jets should be in your legs, and depending on the transformation sequence I dona't always go that this peice is ALWAYS that in a fighter... If you do it like a Valkyrie from Macross or robotech, you combine both arms into the fuselage, the ct becomes the nose, the cockpit is still the head, the side torsos become the wings effectively... but the legs stay seperate, and each constitutes an engine... seperately. The Jump Jets should be mounted in the legs and become the engine effectively.

FUEL RULES for AEROSPACE/LAM: Moving in atmosphere at a speed up to your thrust rating (Your WP+2) burns no fuel, simply using the super heated air and a tiny tiny amount of drive plasma to ignite it like a jump jet. To move at any speed From your Thrust+1 to your maximum Overthrust rating, will cause you to burn 1 point of fuel per hex of speed you attain. Meaning that if you have a thrust of 6 and an Overthrust of 9 (which I think is your actual calc) then you will burn 1 - 3 points of fuel (.2tons) per turn that you have your afterburners roaring. Which means you can go through a ton of fuel in all of about 30 seconds. In Space on the other hand where there is no air to burn, you spend fuel points equivilent to your movement up to your thrust, and 2 fuel points from thrust +1 to Maximum Overthrust. Which means that you can empty a 1 ton fuel cell in 15 seconds at an accelleration of 6, or in 7.5 seconds at an accelleration of 9.

The advantage in space is that you will continue to move in the direction you made thrust in, at the same rate as the thrust you spent until you burn to stop it. Which means you can puff and then drift, then puff for the turn and drift kind of thing, which is how they do space flight in this game. Hope that helps, if not, let me know.

Also, I am going to need some character backgrounds and stories... write up some bios on the dudes that pilot all this fancy gear. Give them a name and post the info here so I can read it. Also I will post your names in the character section. I am also still looking for mechwarriors, so if you are interested in playing mroe than one feel free to give it some thought.

#29 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

I could always bring that shootist I threw up earlier?
We're working on backgrounds and names ourselves, the bios will go up ASAP, we're just sorting out the fine detail.
The original LAMs have torsos become fuselage and the arms become wings, at least for weapon/crit placement. This being in TR:3085 if you're looking to double check. It's also where I get my calculations for air speed - it appears from the maths present with for those designs that your cruising speed is 3x your walk distance and your flank speed (When we'd be using fuel Oni) is 4.5x our jump jet range. All LAMs have 80 points of fuel as part of the design.
JJ placement also seems to be optional, it's mentioned that the Wasp LAM has exceptional manoeuvrability because it's JJs are mounted in the legs and not the side torsos like the other LAMs. Seems the legs just form into the fuselage somehow and the side torsos mount the engines.

Tempted to ditch my extra fuel tank now, since it's not even giving me 20% of my original fuel extra...but it's in the fluff so I'll leave it.

#30 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

Alright...

I am going to build a set of codified rules that will be the ones in use by this game, and all other games I run, for LAM technology. I will be making a modified ruleset for fuel consumption in fighters, aerospace fighters, and LAMs, as well as a modified fuel chart for all other forms of engines.

As stated, you may customise your mech (use Skunkworks, the links are up the thread) and lock it to Era Specific, Succession Wars, and then limit it to Late Succession Wars with a year listing of 3025 when you check the box that resricts it. There are no double heat sinks, or advanced weapons this way, but there are a few interesting new ballistics.

Next post will have the rules for Fuel Points per ton, Fuel Consumption per turn, and LAM technology. Once they are posted, you will ahve to write out your LAM by hand and then type it in, but I will try to make the rules as fun as I can. I will be setting a few designs out there, for you to choose from as to the transformation sequence. Once you choose a design it will determine where you put your jumpjets and how your armor configuration changes.

[EDIT] Also, the original post set this game in 3025... I mentioned that you could build any config on your mech to begin, but to restrict it to an era chassis. You can find a lits of era chassis in the 3025, 3025 Revised, 3026 and 3026 Revised TRO's. if you don't have them look under "Books/Games>Tehcnical Readout>year listed above on Sarna.net and you will find the lists there.

Edited by Gabriel Alexander Dante III, 28 September 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#31 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

<p>Fuel Volume: Always messed with me, cause nothing is that inefficient. So...</p>
<p>FUEL: gives 100 points per ton for non-fusion, or 50 points per ton for fusion</p>
<p>FUEL BURN:</p>
<ul>
<li>Non-Fusion systems must burn fuel to move. They burn ONE point to move up to cruise/thrust speed or TWO points to move beyond cruise/thrust up to their maximum flank/overthrust.</li>
<li>Fusion systems must burn fuel to move in space, or to move at overthrust in space. In atmosphere, they use the air, and a touch of plasma from their core to produce thrust. In space they follow the same rules as above. In atmosphere they can move at speeds up to their cruise/thrust rating without burning fuel, and burn ONE point of fuel to reach their flank/overthrust speeds.</li>
</ul>
<p>FUEL PLACEMENT RULES: If you are going to fly, drive a ICE or Fuel Cell powered vehicle, Aerospace fighter, or LAM you will HAVE to put fuel tonnage on your design and pay the appropriate weights for it. The only thing that does not require fuel consumption are jump jets if used in atmosphere. Please remember that if you have a jump capable mech and are operating in an airless environment (such as on a moon) your jump jets will not work unless you have fuel for them. This and exteded space flight can be achieved by external fuel tanks.'</p>
<p> </p>
<p>EXTERNAL FUEL TANKAGE: Weighs in the tonnage of your vehicle. All mechs and Aerospace can carry a mass up to their own weight externally at a comperable reduction in their speed. Minimum size on a tank is 1 ton. It provides half a ton of fuel and has 8 armor points. A 2 ton tank provides 1 ton of fuel and has 16 points of armor. Beyond this, the tonnage of the tank increases fuel but not armor weight.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>EXTERNAL WEIGHT VALUES: If you are carrying full weight, your speed is halved, if you are carrying half you weight your speed is 3/4 etc. With that in mind, each Walking Point/Cruise rating is equal to 10.8 kilometers per hour. Running/Flank is calculated at 1.5x your Walk/Cruise/Thrust and on odd speed tends to simly be rounded up with a wink and a smile. Thrust and Overthust are different in that they are 10x the speed of their ground counterparts in atmosphere. When in vacuum they are calculated as Gs of Accelleration with each point equalling .5G. This means it takes a thrust of approximately 10 to escape a 1g Gravity well. I will tell you if the planet you are on is light or heavy gravity and by how much so you can calculate that as well when we are playing the game.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>LAM RULES FOR THIS GAME!</p>
<ul>
<li>Land Air Mechs may be built in any wieght range from 10 tons up to 75 tons. There will be NO assault class LAMs... thankyou.</li>
<li>Mass of Conversion Gear and Critical slots are as follows. 10 - 55 tons requires 10% of the mech's overall weight, and takes up 7 critical slots (1 in each location except the head). From 60 - 75 tons requires 15% of the mech's overal weight and takes up 14 critical slots (2 in each location except the head).</li>
<li>No Fuel is included in this mass. You must buy liquid cargo spaces to represent your fuel cells. At least 1 ton of fuel tankage is required as an internal fuel source. (50 points) Excess fuel beyond this may be added in external drop tanks to conserve weight and space if you desire.</li>
<li>You may not have Endosteel Structure or Ferro Fibrous armor when using LAM gear.</li>
<li>You may apply the gear in .25 ton increments and offset this by installing armor in .25 ton increments (4 points)</li>
<li>As per my standard house rule, you may mount an extra 3 points ont he head of a mech raising the toal AV to a maximum of 12.</li>
</ul>

#32 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

A bit confused on the external weight values and moving, from what I gather, I can have my 75t mech, and then mount say, another 5t of externally mounted fuel?
The space/air movement has me utterly lost though.

#33 James Alexander Kerinsky Wolf

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

I'm totally stoked about this site, i used to be a major mech head while i was in the Army. it's been a few years since i have had the chance to play. Q, when did the dragoons first make an apperance in the inner sphere, and have you ever wondered what kind of a mech warrior Jamie Wolf And Natasha Kerensky would have produced?

#34 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Dragoons show up in 3005, as mentioned above. Not a fan of Dragoons, so I've never bothered to care what their pet heroes would produce as offspring...
I think you're looking for the OT/BT lore boards though, this is the sign up for an RP, so unless you want to join?

Also Dante, I'm all for writing up the mechs and all, but I've never played TT or the Mechwarrior RPs, is this going to require actual TT/PnP rules?

#35 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

@Rogue: Shoot but I forgot the movement values. The fuel comsumption on a fusion powered machine is 1 point of fuel for every round you use the afterburners in atmo (thus exceeding the thrust rating, up to the Overthrust rating). In space you must burn fuel to get moving in a certain direction, and thus it costs 1 fuel point to move up to your cruise, and 2 fuel points if you move at accellerations in your overthrust rating. In space you accellerate when you burn fuel... so... you want to go from point A to Point B at say, 18 hexes per round and you have a 6/9 speed. You can burn 3 points of fuel, and spend 3 rounds accellerating to 18, then drift, or you can burn 4 points of fuel, accellerate at 9 to 18 in two rounds and then drift... either way, you still have to turn yourself around and burn retrograde to decelerate. In space, the whole thing about movement is that once you are headed there, you are headed there and don't need to expend more fuel.

Walking Points in Mech Mode (x1.5 for Running Points)
Walking and running remain the same in Air Mech mode (the halfway between thing) and Thrust = WP+2. Overthrust is Thrust x1.5.
Thrust in Fighter Mode is WPx2. Overthust is Thrust x1.5

@ James: I am still a major mech head, and would love to welcome you to the game as a mechwarrior if you like, or anything else that works too... except we seem to have filled out Aerojock slots with LAM pilots... And as to the Dragoons... I am a total nerd here, but I can tell you that they appeared in 3005 in Delos and scared the bejesus out of Blue City Control, the local port athority there. Then proceeded inward to work for each of the houses in turn. In order, Davion 05 to 09, Laio 10 to 14, Marik 15 to 19 (Jamie lost his brother, first wife and I believe one of his children here, the other, McKinsey taking false name to help se tthe people off about who he was) Steiner from 20 to 22 where they pulled contract as they were breaking the Steiner economy, and Kurita from 23 to 28 where they were company stored as the kuritan govt tried to take them over. They lost haphestus station, and Jamies 'second wife' Lover there, along with Anton Shad of the 7th commando after taking the An Ting HPG over to send out a one word emergency evaguation command to all Dragoon units "Higera" before they evaced. THey disappeared to Outreach sealing themseilves and the system off for two years as they dug out the massive Star League mech factories, dropship factories and other such treasures that were buried under the captiol of Harlech, then sponsoring the Blackwell corporation with all kinds of new toys began their rearming process. At this point, they set up the MRBC and opened the mercenary world to one and all mercenary commands, even their age old enemies from their time in Liao, the Waco Rangers.

As to what kind of Mechwarrior would be produced from Jamie and Natasha, I don't wonder at all. General Wolf, (his "daughter") was the eugenic combination there I do believe, as well as Dechan Fraser and Natasha Kerensky who were combined in the eugenics program and spawned a little that was subsequently put into sibco training at 3 when all the rest were 5, and the others were told to pick on him and try to break him. He later turned into the living weapon known as Aaron Fraser. Of note, Fraser is a descendant of the "Minnisota Tribe" which is the remainders of Clan Wolverine that fled their annihilation, if you study the backlogs and novels for information. His family mecha also had clan tech in the LB-5X AC.

#36 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Well if Tasha and Jaime bumped ulgies and reproduced, I imagine it would be a hardass mechjock who'd use something like a Timberwolf, just loaded up with PPC's and LRMs....

And I've got nothing to offer about the construction rules for LAMS.

#37 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Oh and Rogue, you CAN have more than 16 points of armor for your external tanks, that just means that they weigh more than 1 ton for the tank. They can hold any amount of weight up to 50 tons per external tank (that includes the tank) and obviously as they are external they don't take any crit slots

#38 ivan the ghost

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

Exterminator EXT-4Ab
Mass:65 tons
Internal Structure: standard 6.5 tons
Engine: VOX 325
Type: Fusion 23.5Tons
---WP: 5
---RP: 8
---JP: 5
Heatsinks:17[17] 7.0 tons
Gyros:standard 4.0 tons
Cockpit:standard 3.0 tons
Armor:10.5 tons standard= 161 armor points
---Loc/Strc/Armr
----Head: 3/7
----CTor: 21/24/8
----R/LT: 15/17/6
----R/LA: 10/15
----R/LL: 15/23
Weapons and Equipment (Loc/Cr/Wt)

medium laser (la/1/1)
medium laser (la/1/1)
medium laser (ra/1/1)
medium laser (ra/1/1)

small laser (h/1/0.5)
small laser (la/1/0.5)
small laser (ra/1/0.5)

heat sink (rl/1/1)
heat sink (rl/1/1)
heat sink (rt/1/1)
heat sink (ct/1/1)
heat sink (lt/1/1)
heat sink (ll/1/1)
heat sink (ll/1/1)

jump jets (rt/1/1)
jump jets (rt/1/1)
jump jets (ct/1/1)
jump jets (lt/1/1)
jump jets (lt/1/1)

Critical Spaces:28 of 47
Head: 0
Center Torso: 0
Right Torso: 9
Left Torso: 9
Right Arm: 5
Left Arm: 5
Right Leg:0
Left Leg:0

In this design I dropped the lrm-10 and the machine gun and the ammo for 2 small lasers , 7 heat sinks . I'M just not sure if it's era correct (work in progress)

Edited by ivan the ghost, 29 September 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#39 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'm afraid it isn't, DHS are currently only being mounted in individual mechs as tests, ECM doesn't come out until 3048, the Chameleon Light Polarization System and Null Signature System (Not mentioned in your layout, I think, it's very hard to read, but are present on the 4Db) are extinct and don't begin to emerge again until near the ***** era, and the 4Db has been extinct for years.
The 4A is available, find it here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Exterminator

#40 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for the note Rogue, and yes, Ivan, he is right.
Era legal is the 4A.

As far as writing it out, the forums have an issue with anything byt type and enter... so, copy paste the following in and fill it out for mech sheets guys...

Mass:
Internal Structure:
Engine:
---WP:
---RP:
---JP:
Heatsinks:
Gyros:
Cockpit:
Armor:
---Loc/Strc/Armr
----Head: 3/x
----CTor: xx/xx/x
----R/LT: xx/xx/x
----R/LA: xx
----R/LL: xx
Weapons and Equipment (Loc/Cr/Wt)
xxx (xx/x/x)

Critical Spaces:
Head:
Center Torso:
Right Torso:
Left Torso:
Right Arm:
Left Arm:
Right Leg:
Left Leg:

I know it is a pain to input by hand, but it makes it so much easier to read. Thanks guys.

Edited by Gabriel Alexander Dante III, 29 September 2012 - 11:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users