See you in game.

#42 Karazine

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

Joined the Blackthornes and have not looked back. I "liked" the game before. I was accepted to the closed beta for free and after getting into a group with some good people I LOVE the game now and have upgraded. If you like the product support it. If you want to LOVE the product, JOIN THE BLACKTHORNES

#43 MxRider1983

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Awesome unit here people!!!! I have had a lot of fun playing with these guys and even against some of them. Great tactics and first class players.

#44 Mr Death

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

I just wanted to say that I have been a member of Blackthornes for a couple of weeks now and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Coming from pugs and then on the mwo team speak pugs into a group like this has been such a rewarding transition.The attitude of the commanders is relaxed but the organization is well balanced with a clear chain of command making for effective team management. Also lots and lots of fun the guys are great and there's tons of laughs to be had and the winning is a big help too. Since I joined my win ratio is through the roof, facilitating all the cash needs for my expensive xl builds. I cant say enough good things about my experience so far, I simply recommend you join up and see for yourself what its like to run with such a well organized and skilled group of teammates .

Sincerely Mr Death
Blackthorne Member
http://www.blackthornes.com

#45 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Thank you for the kind words Death! You have been a great addition to Blackthornes, we are certainly stronger with your presence.

On a semi related note, we are now up to 120ish active members and fielding 30 to 50 players per night. We will be slowing our recruiting drive as we see how some of the newer guys and gals work out. We are still taking applications for a bit longer.

#46 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

While we are not particularly happy about the plans to go live next week, Blackthornes Dragoons WILL be trying to make up for some of the shortfalls found in the game. To be specific, while we are limiting recruitment, we recognize that destroying PUGs of new players coming to play Mechwarrior Online is a horrible way to get these players to stay and continue playing this game, to fix that, we are making our Teamspeak Server Availible to these players and will be allowing them to team with our members to learn the game. We have just over 100 active members and will have no difficulty absorbing these players until they get a good feel for the game. Those that we like and like us, we will of course encourage to stay, so our reasons are not completely altruistic, but I would like to encourage other Companies to do the same.

Players wishing to join us are welcome to log onto our Team Speak3 server at TS.BLACKTHORNES.COM with a password of Blackthornes, I can accomodate up to 512 players. Company matches are also welcome here. We enjoy the challenge.

I will be adding this to the top of our recruiting thread as well

#47 Pyrometheus

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Howdy folks!

I have dropped with the Blackthornes several times and have them to be a fantastic group to play with.

Application submitted.

#48 kracked49

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 103 posts
  • LocationI quit!!!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

I joined Blackthorns about a week ago and very quickly realized that this is a well organized mercenary unit. Every time I drop I learn something new. This is a top of the line unit. The members are very good and will teach you how to become a great mechwarrior. If you want to be the best and work with the best then this is the place to be. ;)

#49 Markus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColorado, US

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Greetings Ladies and Gents. I applied to join a lance/ company/ tailgate of yours. I hope to see you guys in game to scrap some metal together.

#50 Atlessa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Love the pic you use in the OP.

Don't like the fact that I'd have to sign up to YET ANOTHER forum to even get a chance to play with you guys?
How are 'noobs' going to find your TS IP this way??

#51 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

The information to the TS server is 4 posts above yours and quoted in the first post. Should be easy enough for anyone we would want...

That said, with the influx of new players that we will be seeing soon, we will be leaving recruitment open. We recruit based on attitude. All else can be taught.

Good Hunting,

#52 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Blackthornes Dragoons will be hosting a Coordinated Drop Tournament. I will be posting more information later in the day once I get a bit more feedback later in the day. Those not in companies but looking to join companies are welcome as well. It will be a good opportunity for existing companies to find potential recruits and for companies to show case their skills.

Those interested that have not been contacted by me already should message me here with their availability this weekend and next. We are working out the details and may end up staging this over several days depending on interest.

There will be another post with more details, and this thread will be updated as it is more likely to be read by potential recruits than one geared towards a Tournament.

#53 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

Response has been good for the tournament so we will be starting at 6PM EST this Saturday the 20th of October.

Teamspeak Server Address is TS.BLACKTHORNES.COM Password is BT

Drop Configuration will be AAAAHHML

If you have additional questions you can PM me here or drop into the TS server and speak to me directly, the Password will work from now until the Tournament completes. Please RSVP early, it will be difficult to work true brackets, but we will do the best we can until we have a true means of scheduling drops.

Edited by Aeron Sley, 19 October 2012 - 04:12 AM.

#54 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Individuals for tomorrows tournament that will be looking to get into and form teams should arrive up to one hour early. The Teamspeak server is open to all guests as of now and you are welcome to drop in and drop with us, or form teams of your own to start getting ready for tomorrow. We are looking forward to a lot of fun.

#55 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

We should have roughly 20 teams for tonight's tournament, we can make room for more, so feel free to drop in. I will post a list of competitors and standing before and victors at the end. New pilots are welcome to check out the companies present and to mingle and drop.

#56 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Tournament Rules

No Capping
Be Polite

Drop Specs are AAAAHHML
Drop Commanders will Appear as <BT-DC> Name

This tournament is double elimination. Brackets are random without seeds and made to be friendly, you will not intentionally be placed against another company from the same group unless there are no other options. Once sorted, a drop commander will enter the channel and a countdown will be given of 3-2-1-DROP At which time both teams leaders will drop to the battle space. If a good drop is not achieved, complete your matches and return to the room, a new drop will be started until a good drop is achieved. The victor advances against the next team that has also achieved a victory. The Defeated drops to the lower bracket where they will face off against another defeated team. This process will continue until there is only 1 team in the Victors Bracket and One Team in the Defeated Bracket. The Team from the Victors Bracket must be defeated twice to be eliminated and the team from the Defeated Bracket once to be declared the Victor.

Replacement players are allowed from your companies if players must leave for any reason or from free agents. Players are operating on the Honor system at all times.

Good Hunting and Good Luck!

Colonel Aeron Sley
Blackthornes Dragoons
1st Assault Regiment
Commanding

#57 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Accidental capture will equal a loss for the capturing team.

Disconnects that are accidental on drop will be met with the opposing team leaving an equal number of mechs out of play if in the first one minute of play. After that, they will be considered as killed. A screen shot and a declaration by the opposing team of who is sitting out will suffice. That mech is to stay in the base , it may enter play if in the first minute they also suffer a disconnect otherwise it is to suicide or otherwise terminate connection. If it at any time is fired apron or fires on another mech after the first 2 minutes of play, that team will be disqualified.

In the event of an equal tie, both teams will lose

Accidental capture will equal a loss for the capturing team.

Disconnects that are accidental on drop will be met with the opposing team leaving an equal number of mechs out of play if in the first one minute of play. After that, they will be considered as killed. A screen shot and a declaration by the opposing team of who is sitting out will suffice. That mech is to stay in the base , it may enter play if in the first minute they also suffer a disconnect otherwise it is to suicide or otherwise terminate connection. If it at any time is fired apron or fires on another mech after the first 2 minutes of play, that team will be disqualified.

In the event of an equal tie, both teams will lose

Edited by Aeron Sley, 20 October 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#58 Symptomattic

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

Unfortnately, Due to IRL obligations, Isaac's Foxhounds will not be attending the tournament today. Thankyou for the invitation, we will try to attend any future events held. Gl, and happy hunting.

#59 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Thank you all for joining the tournament! We had 12 total companies drop, the winners follow:

Eridani Light Pony Merc Corp 6-0 1st Place
Bravo Whiskey Charlie 4-2 2nd Place (Defeated 1st Dragoons in Semi Final 8-5)
Blackthornes Dragoons 1st Dragoons Company 4-2 3rd Place
Wolf Spiders Battalion 2-2 4th Place

Once we can do 8 man drops again, we will run another. With more notice. :(

#60 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

New applicants should log into our teamspeak server at TS.blackthorner.com password Blackthornes and group with our members a few times before submitting a formal application.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users