BattleMech 16: Flea

639 replies to this topic

#621 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 28 October 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Nah - keep it going. There's a lot of interest for the Flea out there. Of course, it'll have to wait until the Phoenix mechs roll out (so three more months, and then likely +2 more when the Griffin and Wolverine roll out).

Hopefully in March, we'll get the Flea.

...or the King Crab. :blink:

Actually, the Griffin and Wolverine are both coming on Dec. 17th, but only for those who pre-ordered.

The current release schedule for CB purchase looks like this:

Nov. 18th: Shadow Hawk
Dec. 18th: Thunderbolt
Jan, 22nd: Battlemaster
Feb. 18th: Griffin
Mar. 18th: Wolverine

So, probably no Flea until April at the earliest. And then, of course, it may well be time for the Clans, so who knows if we'll ever see the Flea :blink:

I'd rather have the Flea than Clan 'mechs, but perhaps that's just me - I'm a TRO:3025 kind of MechWarrior :)

#622 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

View Poststjobe, on 28 October 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

Actually, the Griffin and Wolverine are both coming on Dec. 17th, but only for those who pre-ordered.

The current release schedule for CB purchase looks like this:

Nov. 18th: Shadow Hawk
Dec. 18th: Thunderbolt
Jan, 22nd: Battlemaster
Feb. 18th: Griffin
Mar. 18th: Wolverine

So, probably no Flea until April at the earliest. And then, of course, it may well be time for the Clans, so who knows if we'll ever see the Flea :blink:

I'd rather have the Flea than Clan 'mechs, but perhaps that's just me - I'm a TRO:3025 kind of MechWarrior :)

That's what I meant: after all the Phoenix mechs are out, that's when they'll roll out the next mech on the list (which is probably the Flea, since I think it's the only one that's planned that we haven't seen yet). Only exception is if they start rolling out more than one mech a month.

Honestly, I know they've already done the promo items claiming it's 3050, but I wouldn't mind if they ticked back the timeline by a year or two. The game's good, but it's not gold yet, and it's not 100%, obviously. According to the timeline, if it's October of 3050 in the game, Leo Showers, leader of the Clans, is about to die (October 31st) halting the invasion of the Inner Sphere.

Davion and Steiner don't exist as they are now one nation (Lyran Commonwealth).

The FRR is now reduced to six systems.

A third of Kurita is gone.

Nearly a third of Liao is part of the Lyran Commonwealth.

And of course, the Clans have jammed their way deep into the Inner Sphere.

Starting Community Warfare at this point would be pointless as the Inner Sphere has (kind of) banded together to fight the common threat (Clans). A MUCH better idea to start the game when CW rolls out and make it 3049. Play a year of real-time before the Clans invade.

But yes: I'd rather have the full menagerie of characterful Inner Sphere mechs before rolling into overpowered Clan mechs.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 05 November 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#623 Native

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

its actually called the Federated Commonwealth. with the Marrage of Katrina Stiener of the Lyrian Commonwealth to Hanse Davion of the Federated Suns. the alliance was often referred to as FedCom

#624 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Which is obviously what I meant. Just typing from my phone using 20+ year-old memories of when I used to play this game. :)

But yes: Federated Commonwealth obviously doesn't exist yet because we still have Davion and Steiner as separate entities. By the time the Clans come, it's one nation. So they're either going to have to adjust the timeline, or quickly slap everyone in both those houses into FedCom.

Anyways: Flea.

I think the Flea will roll out after the Griffin/Wolverine drop for C-bills.

#625 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostNative, on 29 October 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

its actually called the Federated Commonwealth. with the Marrage of Katrina Stiener of the Lyrian Commonwealth to Hanse Davion of the Federated Suns. the alliance was often referred to as FedCom

Actually, it was the marriage of Melissa Steiner, daughter of the late Katrina Steiner, to First Prince Hanse... :)

#626 ErikModi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

And there were still enough divisions in the AFFC that claiming either Steiner or Davion could get you into a lot of trouble in the wrong bar. . .

#627 jag rip

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 28 October 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

... Honestly, I know they've already done the promo items claiming it's 3050, but I wouldn't mind if they ticked back the timeline by a year or two. The game's good, but it's not gold yet, and it's not 100%, obviously. According to the timeline, if it's October of 3050 in the game, Leo Showers, leader of the Clans, is about to die (October 31st) halting the invasion of the Inner Sphere.

http://mwomercs.com/clock

dunno if they heard you or if its all coincidence?

#628 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

A little something I made for Halloween

Posted Image

#629 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostIqfishLP, on 02 November 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

Oh if only we had a real forest map with trees like that to hide in, Oh and we also need the flea.

#630 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

I just realized the Flea will be pretty much a LCT-3M (give or take an energy or a couple of ballistic hardpoints) - which is the only good LCT variant.

It'll be a joy to master :P

#631 A big brave boulder of meat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationOakdale, Minnesota

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 04 November 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

Oh if only we had a real forest map with trees like that to hide in, Oh and we also need the flea.

Yeah...Don't see that Flea gettin very far if he decides to go off road in that specific situation..

#632 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yes, and trees that would fall over if you hit them.

Imagine walking through a forest with your locust buddys and you see the trees in front of you falling over, releasing the image of a gigantic atlas as the last thing you see in your life...

*dreaming*

#633 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

View Poststjobe, on 04 November 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

I just realized the Flea will be pretty much a LCT-3M (give or take an energy or a couple of ballistic hardpoints) - which is the only good LCT variant.

It'll be a joy to master :P

Unless we get the 15-ton FLE-14 variant (which, IMO, seems unlikely), we know that we'd pretty much be getting the FLE-4, FLE-15, FLE-17, and whatever PGI comes up with for a Hero Mech variant.
  • FLE-4: x1 Large Laser (in the RA), x2 Small Lasers (both in the LA), x1 Flamer (in the CT)
  • FLE-15: x2 Medium Lasers (one in each arm), x2 Small Lasers (one in each side-torso), x1 Flamer (in the CT), x2 Machine Guns (one in each arm)
  • FLE-17: x2 Medium Pulse Lasers (one in each arm), x2 Small Lasers (one in each side-torso)
The next variant after that (the "Fire Ant") isn't available until 3063, so it's unlikely to be in-game for quite some time.

The FLE-15 is pretty much the LCT-1V with more energy hardpoints (and probably fewer ballistic hardpoints), while the FLE-4 and FLE-17 are energy boats like the LCT-3M.
It'll be interesting to see what PGI does with the FLE-4 and FLE-17 in terms of hardpoints so that 1.) they are sufficiently distinct from one another, 2.) both are sufficiently distinct from the LCT-3M, and 3.) both are more competitive versus the FLE-15 (which has a minimum of 7 hardpoints, versus the 4 hardpoints of both the FLE-4 and FLE-17). :P

#634 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 04 November 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Unless we get the 15-ton FLE-14 variant (which, IMO, seems unlikely), we know that we'd pretty much be getting the FLE-4, FLE-15, FLE-17, and whatever PGI comes up with for a Hero Mech variant.
  • FLE-4: x1 Large Laser (in the RA), x2 Small Lasers (both in the LA), x1 Flamer (in the CT)
  • FLE-15: x2 Medium Lasers (one in each arm), x2 Small Lasers (one in each side-torso), x1 Flamer (in the CT), x2 Machine Guns (one in each arm)
  • FLE-17: x2 Medium Pulse Lasers (one in each arm), x2 Small Lasers (one in each side-torso)
The next variant after that (the "Fire Ant") isn't available until 3063, so it's unlikely to be in-game for quite some time.

The FLE-15 is pretty much the LCT-1V with more energy hardpoints (and probably fewer ballistic hardpoints), while the FLE-4 and FLE-17 are energy boats like the LCT-3M.
It'll be interesting to see what PGI does with the FLE-4 and FLE-17 in terms of hardpoints so that 1.) they are sufficiently distinct from one another, 2.) both are sufficiently distinct from the LCT-3M, and 3.) both are more competitive versus the FLE-15 (which has a minimum of 7 hardpoints, versus the 4 hardpoints of both the FLE-4 and FLE-17). :P

Cant wait for the flea!

The usual way for separating variants is engine limits, jumpjet numbers and the number of module slots. The FLE-15 will prob be slower or the others will have higher engine limits and I bet the 15 will have the lowest module slots.

#635 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 04 November 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Cant wait for the flea!

The usual way for separating variants is engine limits, jumpjet numbers and the number of module slots. The FLE-15 will prob be slower or the others will have higher engine limits and I bet the 15 will have the lowest module slots.

The FLE-17 starts with a the same-rating Engine than the other two (all start with a 120 STD), though the FLE-17 also has MASC... which doesn't much unless MASC ends up having its own hardpoint (like AMS and ECM) and is thus restricted to specific 'Mechs (like ECM).
Also (and in spite of the chassis name), none of the FLE-4, FLE-15, or FLE-17 are jump-capable in BT, so it seems likely that the JJ number for all of them would be "0".

I could see the FLE-15 having the fewest Module slots (a single slot?) in exchange for having the greatest number of weapon hardpoints, and the FLE-17 having a middling number of slots plus a "MASC hardpoint" (and thus being the only variant that can use MASC, if MASC does end up being a hardpointed item).
Would/should the selling point of the FLE-4 be having more module slots than the other two (say, having 3 slots to the others' 2 (or 1))?

#636 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

So.... why the Flea over the Locust? They look.... basically identical, but Flea can use MASC? :) Not sure! But I really want a Flea.... I love light (and heavy) mechs ;)

#637 RapidFire7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 412 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostIqfishLP, on 02 November 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

I think I see the Slender Man in the background... :)

#638 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:56 AM

View Postjag rip, on 02 November 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/clock

dunno if they heard you or if its all coincidence?

Saw it, responded, and genuinely hope it's NOT a typo. The timeline needs to be rolled back.

#639 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 04 November 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

If we had a real forest map, most trees would only come to the top of the Flea.

#640 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 05 November 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

If we had a real forest map, most trees would only come to the top of the Flea.

Make it a mutant forest who cares. Anyway most mechs are aren't more than 20m tall and we have trees 100m tall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users