Facebook poll: Which of the listed 65 ton 'Mechs would you most like to use?

169 replies to this topic

#41 trycksh0t

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

JagerMech. Oh the possibilities...

#42 DocStock

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

A
X
M
A
N

#43 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

JagerMech is most CLASSIC out of these,the axeman looks like something from these crazy japanese robo anime things like Gundam or something like that

I can image JagerMech looking sick,that dude who makes these new designs nails the perfection

#44 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

View Postneodym, on 13 March 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

JagerMech is most CLASSIC out of these,the axeman looks like something from these crazy japanese robo anime things like Gundam or something like that

I can image JagerMech looking sick,that dude who makes these new designs nails the perfection

I'll tell 'that dude' your compliment :D

#45 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

View Postneodym, on 13 March 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

View PostGarth Erlam, on 13 March 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

I'll tell 'that dude' your compliment :D

That settles it, I'm just going to refer to FD as 'that dude' from now on.

#46 Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Jagermech.

Axman really needs to use the axe if it is to be a viable chassis (you know, because that's the POINT of it...). But more than that... An axeman without a functional axe is an up-tonned Hunchback, which... we have. And a Bombardier, while it's a super cool mech, and one I would definitely pilot, is very similar to a Catapult, which... yep, we've got that. So I vote for the Jagermech because it's unlike anything we know we have already.

But for the record I'd love to see both the Bombardier and the Jagermech.

#47 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 13 March 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

Mr. Axman

So, I saw the first and second episode out of nostalgia.

1.) Why does Steiner's shirt have a tear in it where the unit insignia should be? :huh:
2.) If the Axman is implemented, can the yellow-on-black paint scheme be implemented too?
3.) If the Axman is implemented and since we seem to already have a Centurion, can we get an Mauler and a Wolfhound to "complete the set"? :D

#48 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostAdridos, on 13 March 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

I know many will disagree with me, but neither of these suits my tastes. Maybe because they're ugly, who knows...

The irony is, two of these mechs are UNSEEN, rebuilds. Cheap, ugly imposters, attempting to molest your inner child, but they may be the closest we get to the UNSEEN. and the good news is FlyingDebris may give one of them a makeover.

JagerMech - As my friend Hank Hill would say "Can't you see you're not making the Rifleman better? You're just making Battletech worse!"

Bombadier - An Archer remake, and not half bad either (other than the lack of LRM ammo in favor of every other type of ammo they could find). Unfortunatley we already have the Catapult at 65 tons, there isn't any need to re-reinvent the wheel.

Axeman - This is a really modern mech, loaded with lots of new IS tech, XL engines, Double Heat Sinks, Lg Pulse Laser, and a melee weapon. While this mech really isn't my cup of tea, it wins by default.

Axeman

Edited by Major Tom, 13 March 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#49 General Mal Function

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Jagermech for sure, then Thunderbolt. Failing those two, give me a good Mech Lab. I can MAKE all my fav mechs then.

Totally unrelated to this poll, I would like to suggest an 'anatomically correct' mech lab, it works both ways, relating the actual base mech to what can be loaded on to it, and allowing real modification based on the hard and soft points of the mech. IF that was present, all these mechs could be 'made' by users, and names like.. 'Rifledmannn'.

#50 Tuhalu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Has to be the Axman. Due to it being an extremely early example of Star League technology returning, it's great compared to the other two even if you can't use the hatchet.

Axman AXM-1N: 4/6/4, 10T of FF armor, 10 DHS with 3 ML, AC/20 with 10 shots and a LPL.
Axman AXM-2N: 4/6/4, 10T of FF armor, 10 DHS with 3 ML, 2 LRM15 with 16 shots and a LPL.

In either model, you can fire the 3ML and LPL constantly without overheating, giving it respectable firepower even after it runs out of ammo for it's main weapon/s. It also jumps, making it an excellent city fighter.

Compare that to the Bombardier available in 3049...
Bombardier BMB-10D: 4/6/0, 12.5T normal armor, 10 SHS with 2 LRM20 with only 12 shots, 1 SRM4 and a MG.

The Bombardier overheats just firing it's basic weapons. And if it runs out of ammo, time to go home for a reload, because it has nothing else. The Catapult beats the Bombardier at it's own game, so don't see why this thing is even a choice.

Compare that to the JagerMech available in 3050...
JagerMech JM6-DD: 4/6/0, 6.5T of FF armor, 10 SHS with 2 UAC5 with 40 shots, 2 AC2 with 90 shots and 2 MPL.

At least the JagerMech has enough ammo to keep firing for at range for a while. Which it needs to do because it has so little armor. It's supposed to be an anti-air mech at a battalion level, not a front line mech!

Finally, in the looks department, the Axman has it hands down for my money.

#51 Derick Cruisaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 247 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

AXMAN!!!

I think "that dude" would make a kick-*** redsign for this Mech. :huh:
Also it's inclusion in the poll makes me even more hopeful about melee combat. :D

#52 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 13 March 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

Bombardier 1st
JagerMech 2nd
Axeman 3rd

Agreed

#53 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

Jagermech. Axes are cheesy as hell.

#54 shortpainter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

If I remember correctly, Bombardier is a stripped down second rate Comstar mech sold only to Draconis Combine, isn't it? Also, Axman is a rare experimental design. Axman and Bombardier don't fit in. Good ol' Jagermech is the only choice for a mech available at launch.

#55 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

I'll go with the Axeman. The JagerMech has paper thin armour, his weapons, although being mostly long range, don't really tickle my fancy. I mean, Ac-2 and Ac-5 are good anti aircraft weapons, but you would have to fire on most 'Mechs constantly in order to deal significant damage. The Bombardier has no back-up weapon for when its missile launchers run dry... not very appealing to me. The good thing is, we already have the coolest 65t 'Mech of the time line confirmed for the game ;)

#56 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

You know, it'd be nice to get some AC/2 action on the scene, but when you pit that against an AXE?

ThunderBolt AXMAN

That is all.

Edited by BarHaid, 13 March 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#57 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

Bombardier 1st -Just because I dont think we will see an Archer.
JagerMech 2nd - Have yet to see an AC/2 or AC/5 in game.
Axeman 3Dead Last - Because melee weapons on a 'mech is kinda CENSORED.

#58 Ma kal

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMankato, MN

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Bombardier because who doesn't love missile spewing demon of destruction.

#59 Vtack

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Bombardier is a poor man's version of a catapult, and we have a catapult!

The Jagermech; ok I kind like this mech but the problem with it is that its primary armor is hope and good intentions

The Axeman; it has an AC/20 and an Axe! what's not to like?

#60 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

View Postshortpainter, on 13 March 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

If I remember correctly, Bombardier is a stripped down second rate Comstar mech sold only to Draconis Combine, isn't it? Also, Axman is a rare experimental design. Axman and Bombardier don't fit in. Good ol' Jagermech is the only choice for a mech available at launch.

The original Axman (AXM-1N) made its debut in 3048, and by 3049 there was a second variant (AXM-2N; the variant used in the BattleTech cartoon set at the beginning of the Clan invasion in March of 3050) available.
Moreover, the Axman "is also intended as a symbol of solidarity throughout the Federated Commonwealth by using components that are produced in Davion, Steiner, and even former Liao space".

At MWO's start point (mid-3049), the Axman is not really experimental and seems to be relatively common - enough so as to have an example of the newer variant in the hands of a "mere" Major inside of a few months...

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users