Blood of Heroes: OOC Thread

347 replies to this topic

#21 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

can I claim the Ghost Bear slot before posting a character? I won't have time to post a full bio for several hours, even though I already have my character planned out. I just don't have time before leaving to write a halfway decent bio.

#22 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostOni Storm, on 03 October 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

I claim the rights and power of the Nova Cats. "Back Back Back.Mine mine mine... I'm rich.. I'm wealthy... I'm a happy miser.." [clam shell closes]

Bonus kudos for those that know the reference :)

I know we should have turn left at Albuquerque... That's what you get when you travel with a Duck and a Bunny.

They dont make cartoons like they use to. Fav cartoon character ever, of course is Wile Cayote - Super Genius ;)

Posted Image

Ps. ROCK ON YOU CLAN HEADS!!!! ;)

Edited by Nor Azman, 03 October 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#23 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

Got my Bio mostly finished and turned in, just waiting to see if I need any tweaking and the boss man to allow me to post it. ;)

@Azman My Raven in the Beta is called Road Runner and if they ever give us costume nose art, sure I'll be outsmarting you at every turn. ;)

That or running like h*ll from you. ;)

The future battlefield of Azman vs. Oni. :ph34r: brought to you with a new upgraded graphic engine :)

Also Also Note: Azman should join us as a Coyote :(

Edited by Oni Storm, 03 October 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#24 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Warrior Codex

Name: Gregor Faraday
Clan: Fire Mandrill (Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga )
Blood House: Faraday
Unit Posting: 2nd Trinary, 16th Assault Cluster. (The Silent Sentinels)
Mech: Grendel Prime (Alt Config, A)
Political Leanings: Ever the voice of reason and mutual advancement within the fractured Clan Fire Mandrill, Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga stand astride the gap of Crusader and Warden philosophy. Aiden adheres to this neutral stance.

Personal History: Raised in a Sibko with an impressive genetic pedigree Gregor of the Kindraa Faraday, was marked for success by his instructors at a young age. Gifted with quick reflexes and a knack for mediating disagreements between sibmates before blood could be shed. Gregor was considered to be a stellar success by the scientist caste. During his trial of position Gregor defeated one of his three opponents, before being forced to eject.

Assigned to the 16th Assault Cluster Gregor quickly became a ristar in his Kindraa, accumulating a number of victroies against rival Fire Mandrill Kindra, and rival clans (most notably Steel Viper and Burrock.). Nominated by Kindraa leader Marc Faraday for his blood name Gregor won the right to the Faraday name at the age of 23 (unusually early for one of his Blood House.)

During a raid against Clan Ice Hellion Gregor was taken as bondsman. For nearly a year Gregor, in classic fashion Mandrill fashion, resisted assimilation into his captured clan until finally, in frustration the Hellions ransomed him back to his kindraa.

During the so called “Bloodright Trials” Gregor had to battle a dozen rival warriors from other Kindraa before ever facing the champions of the enemy clans, his success in the Trials (including an unarmored brawl against an Elemental) guaranteed him a place in the final task force.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its a rough character sheet, but please try to follow this format and include similar amounts of information.

You can't call "dibs" on a clan, it'll all be first come first serve. The following have been taken already, and this list will be updated as more sheets come in.

Fire Mandrill- Me (i'm awesome)
Nova Cat- Oni Storm (slightly less awesome)
Snow Raven- Rogue Spear (scotishly awesome)
Ghost Bear- dal10 (possibly awesome?)
Diamond Shark- Sparks Murphy (Awesome, down under...if you know what i mean ;) )
Goliath Scorpian- Gabe Alex Dante III- (Dudes name is to long by like thirty seven words)

Edited by Gammadin, 04 October 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#25 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

and now for the "slightly less Awesome" :(

Posted Image

Name: Jake Winter
Clan: Clan Nova Cat
Blood House: Winter
Unit Posting: Star Captain Bravo Command Star; First Nova Cat Lancers (The Path of Right), Beta Galaxy
Mech: Summoner D (Alt Config, A)
Political Leanings: One of the twelve 'Mech survivors of the battle of Tukayyid for the Nova Cats his shame and thirst for vengeance and retribution drive his surface actions more towards the Crusader line. This conflicts with his mentors teachings and deep core belief that all peoples lives are sacred and deserving of a guided path. "The most important thing a warrior can ever do for society, is to put themselves out of business." These words were spoke to him by his mentor and continue to fill his dreams as supposedly they were spoken before by the Great Father or so he's been told. Lately however he wonders if this dream is, just that a dream and no more. Jake stays in a constant state of flux between both sides and its a conflict that many fear will envelope him until he either explodes from the inner turmoil or decides and finally steps free into the light and becomes a Ristar in his own rights once again. Though both sides worry, if that should happen, who the lucky one will be.

Personal History: One of the few warriors that thought Khan Garr and Star Colonel Edward Ryder were insane for his stupid bid and even more so that the Khan allowed it to stand. He knew he should have spoken up then and issued a trail of refusal against this insanity. Sub-Khan Devalis had brought him up to do just that, "respect you superiors but don't trust that they have the clan's best interest at heart, many only care about personal honor and glory and will throw away the lives of their brothers on a whim. I know it's against our ways and philosophies child but it is a truth of battle and warfare none the less, never forget that." He still blames himself for the loss and not heeding his mentors words for standing up to what was right and what should have been done in that time of need. Further more he was in on the successful ambush at Losiije Lake, where the Lancers and Beta Galaxy struck a devastating blow to the already battered and pressed Com Guards' 244th and 467th Divisions. Taking them completely by surprise and defeating them easily, almost down to the man. It was once again a sign of insanity or injustice that so many of his superiors lacked the foresight of an extended or drawn out campaign though. He always thought to himself that energy based weapons were the way to go, for you only had to worry about your heatsinks and managing your heat. Resupply of ammo was a waste of manpower, energy, and time. Unfortunately he was once again proven right as during the resupply elements of the Com Guards' Ninth, 116th, and 417th appeared on the shores and with single minded fanatical devotion denied the two Galaxies of Beta and Gamma their much needed life's blood. He had seen the way the Wyvern continued on regardless of what the price. It had been he that had shot out it's legs and would have finished it, had he not been battling for his own life from almost half a dozen other honor-less scum. Converging their fire and hitting him from all sides. He'd barely gotten out of there alive, having used the ammo shed's explosion to his advantage and jetted away to cover. He still laments the terrors of that day, not knowing wither to hate the Guards or have a new respect for the tenacity of their resolve.

He took the loss and retreat hard and very personal, of all the warriors of Beta and Gamma Galaxies only twelve Omnis survived to make it out of that literal cluster fxck. The twelve of them took an oath that day that none shall rest til their honor is restored and the price of so much blood, be paid for in full. As a symbol of their continued self inflicted shame and a constant reminder for all those who they are still fighting for, the twelves surviving brothers in arms, chose to anoint their battered 'Mechs in the crimson blood red colors of the forsaken. So it is that his Summoner still continues in the scheme begging all challengers to come and end his pain, or more often than not, die trying.

Having been forced to retreat in shame, even though he alone counted for some 7 kills. He has had little in the way of pride since that horrific day. Voting for his mentor was easy, and he is truly grateful Garr is out of the way, and was stupid enough to face Devalis. Now if only he could find a way to put down that other dog Star Colonel Ryder, maybe perhaps it would go and put a drop into his heart and soul, that the revival can and will prove one day possible and that hopefully with that first blood he could begin to fill his own role of one day feeling like he again could rise up to take the mantle and lead the charge.

Having heard of the possibility of both being able to conduct countless acts and attacks against the Inner Sphere and hopefully the ComGuards in particular, considering they were the ones that housed the no-named clans traitorous blood to begin with. He jumped and practically begged his old mentor for the chance to go and retrieve the Bloodnamed right, that he might atone to the countless fallen and atone to his mentor and now Khan for his earlier reluctance and in-action when it was needed most and could have saved so many. That or at the very least, die in honorable memory taking down as many of the vile Chalcas and Dezgra as possible.

Edited by Oni Storm, 08 October 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#26 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Color me interested if you have the space.

I would like to play an Elemental, but a bondsman to one of the other players. He was taken to bond shortly before the invasion and has served as the mechwarriors loyal bodyguard since. He recently rose again to full warrior, but still sticks by his bondlord as he has not been fully released yet. He would be a trueborn elemental named Ethan, of the blood house Fletcher (I think... might be Cobb) and he is honorable to a fault. He carries a pair of handcannons (Think .500 smith and wesson Autoloaders built elemental size/10 round mags), and wears fatigues and combat boots generally. Wears his facial hair in a vandyke and his head hair cropped a couple inches long. Invariably has a cigar in his mouth, unlit if he is in a non-smoking area. Would be about 26 to 28, so coming up on Saloma.

#27 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostGabriel Alexander Dante III, on 03 October 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

I would like to play an Elemental, but a bondsman to one of the other players. He was taken to bond shortly before the invasion and has served as the mechwarriors loyal bodyguard since. He recently rose again to full warrior, but still sticks by his bondlord as he has not been fully released yet. He would be a trueborn elemental named Ethan, of the blood house Fletcher (I think... might be Cobb) and he is honorable to a fault. He carries a pair of handcannons (Think .500 smith and wesson Autoloaders built elemental size/10 round mags), and wears fatigues and combat boots generally. Wears his facial hair in a vandyke and his head hair cropped a couple inches long. Invariably has a cigar in his mouth, unlit if he is in a non-smoking area. Would be about 26 to 28, so coming up on Saloma.

I'll take him if no one else wants him, Hell he might be the one thing that keeps me from getting myself killed. That and the Nova Cats are renown for being kinda lax and respectful when it comes to our "Solahma" over all of the other Clans :( letting many fight into their later years still in front line units. If I do take him however I'd ask that he be more like an appointed guardian, told that his final trial, to be fully accepted and free, is to make sure that I'm successful and bring back the Bloodname at all costs. If that's ok with Gabriel, that is.

Also note: Anyone else that wants him may bid [can we batchall for him pretty please] and let the bonded decide the fate of who he ends up with. Also feel free to take the above idea and run with for your own. :(

Edited by Oni Storm, 03 October 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#28 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostGabriel Alexander Dante III, on 03 October 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

Honestly I'd perfer a non-bondsman character, but if your dead set on it I'm sure we can work with it.

Write up a proper bio and send it to me in a PM, we'll go from there.

#29 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

If I may be so nosy, where is this RP going to take place? The Home Worlds, Invasion Corridor, or somewhere in the IS? This may affect choices in mechs (at least for me.)

#30 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 03 October 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

If I may be so nosy, where is this RP going to take place? The Home Worlds, Invasion Corridor, or somewhere in the IS? This may affect choices in mechs (at least for me.)

"Have at thee! Nosy. I blow my nose at you" :D

It's a few months after Tukayyid and sounds like we are hunting throughout the Inner Sphere mostly and maybe the periphery if I got it all down right. :D

Edited by Oni Storm, 03 October 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#31 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Well considering that we're going to be hunting down some Com* dude's family, I'm imagining us running amok in the IS. I want my mech to be equip for that.

#32 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 03 October 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

Well considering that we're going to be hunting down some Com* dude's family, I'm imagining us running amok in the IS. I want my mech to be equip for that.

Well I went with what sounded like a good story and picked up elements from the Tukayyid book, Otherwise I'd be running amok in a Behemoth. I still love the King Crabs Big brother, that and that they finally found a way to use the old mini of the MAC II 200 ton mini. :D I wanted to do a Nova Cat in my heart of hearts but apparently we haven't built them yet. Go figure.

Edited by Oni Storm, 03 October 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#33 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Possibly awesome....

Name: Arc
Clan: Ghost Bear
Blood House: Jorgensson
Unit Posting: 3rd Trinary 68th Striker Cluster “The Walking Panzers” Delta Galaxy “Blitzkreig”
Mech: Stone Rhino (Standard Config. 2 gauss, 2 large pulse, 1 small pulse laser) (can also run the Stone Rhino 2 if asked.)
Political Leanings: Prefers to stay out of politics. A fighter through and through.

History: Arc was a normal trueborn. of the Jorgensson and DelVillar lines. through most of his youth, though he was nearly the top of his sibko. However, his last quarter of training was marked by a peculiar event among the clans. His primary instructor for his last 5 years among his sibko was assigned to the group despite the fact that part of the sibko was from his genetic material. Arc had killed, or forced out into a lesser caste, a majority of his line. The instructor felt that one unusual warrior had robbed his line of the greatness it was destined for. He did everything in his power to ruin Arcs chance in the Touman. But despite his best efforts, from rigging traps into timed obstacle courses to sabotaging his mech, Arc managed to make it to the final trial, while none of the instructors line finished the training. So the man had one final surprise for arc. He personally was one of the 3 warriors Arc would have to face in his trial of position. Arc had hated the man ever since he had attempted to ruin Arc's future. So he decided he would beat his instructor with the ultimate insult. In his choice of mech, he did not take an omni-mech like most recruits, but a mech that was usually assigned to Solahma units. A Hunchback IIC. Against all odds, he slew the man who had attempted to ruin him. Not only that, but he pulled off a second kill in the mech as well, before a masakari proceeded to shred him to pieces. But he survived that battle with the rank of Star Commander.

But his use of a second line mech in a trial of position was not only unheard of, but sacrilegious to most true born warriors. He was relegated to a second line unit and assigned to a Glass Spider mech. Upon hearing of this turn of events, He immediately challenged a front line Star Commander for a place in Delta Galaxy, and won. But as a show of defiance, and a bit of pride, he kept his Glass Spider. Shortly after, he participated in a Trial of Bloodright, unable to secure a nomination, he won the grand melee to earn the 32nd slot. There he defeated an elemental and an Aerospace jock in Augmented combat. But in his third match, he failed to beat the ultimate winner of the fight, an elemental who defeated Arc in hand to hand combat. But his performance in the Trial of bloodright intrigued members of the Jorgensson line. The managed to secure a trial of position for the rank of Star Captain, Which he he secured after a battle worthy of a pole on his great work, his mountain of the end. a large wooden sculpture that had a path lined with staves carved to the likeness of his most worthy adversaries.

Several years after his ascension to star captain, another bloodname came about. His performance in his last trial of position earned him one of the nominations from the Bloodline's leader. This round, he swept aside 3 mechwarrior in augmented combat, and an elemental in an unusual kind of augmented fight, with each warrior allowed to choose a melee weapon of their choice, Arc won it with the stave he ended up carving the Elemental's likeness into. His last fight was against Star Captain Bjorn, An aerospace pilot. This fight he lost, when despite immense damage, Bjorn's fighter managed to land several strikes on Arc's cockpit, nearly killing him. Arc survived with the loss of his left eye and arm. Bjorn eventually ended up as the Khan of Ghost Bear during the later stages of the invasion. He ended up missing most of Operation Revival, He participated in the Battle of Tukkaiyd. Where Delta galaxy failed to take Luc, though they inflicted extremely heavy casualties on the Comstar forces. Arc personally claimed 12 mechs as kills on Tukkaiyd. But at the age of 31, his usefulness to the Clan is all but over.

But fate decided to give him one more chance, When the news that the bloodline of Hallis could be absorbed into the Touman, the ghost bears looked for a pilot that they could use, They ended up looking to the line of Jorgensson. But not willing to sacrifice a bloodnamed member of the house to a dezgra status, they offered Arc a deal, claim the bloodright, and they would sponsor his genes for entry into the clan genetics program. Arc accepted, and is currently on his way with his Stone Rhino to start the hunt.

P.S. Unfortunately Oni, I think I am already running your Behemoth.

Edited by dal10, 03 October 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#34 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Unexpectedly awesome...

Warrior Codex

Name: Felipe
Clan: Diamond Shark
Blood House: Coston
Unit Posting: 4th Trinary, 39th Strike, Alpha Galaxy
Mech: Stormcrow B (Alt Config Prime)
Political Leanings: Despite Clan Diamond Shark being predominantly Crusader between 3050 and 3057 (and his own Galaxy being lead by the Crusader Khan Ian Hawker), Felipe is of a more traditional Warden bent. His experiences after Tukayyid have made him uncertain, though, and he shifts between seeing ComStar as a protector of humanity and an insidious threat.

Personal History: Light-hearted and seemingly mercurial, Felipe’s education has been a personal project of Star Colonel Walter Sennet. Where others trained in strength and discipline, Walter focused Felipe’s training on grace. Though he only managed a single kill in his Trial of Position, he managed to get a posting to the prestigious Alpha Galaxy, just in time for Operation Revival.

Felipe’s finest moment came in Kozice Valley on Tukayyid. During a push to attempt to break through the ComGuards 31st Division, Felipe managed to fell first a Highlander, then a Thug, then a Kintaro that came to plug the breach. For twenty-five minutes, it seemed that section of the ComGuard front would falter, before reinforcements from the 182nd arrived and pushed the Sharks back. The kills were more than enough to earn Felipe the Deathstrike award, and he seemed on a path to compete for a bloodname.

One problem remained. Felipe’s matrilineal line traced back to the relatively small Coston blood house, and no positions were available. On hearing of the Hallis bloodhunt, Felipe and Walter Sennet organised to have Felipe nominated for the position. It was a gamble, and a high stakes one at that, but Felipe is still smiling like a shark. This hand is his.

Edited by Sparks Murphey, 03 October 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#35 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostGammadin, on 03 October 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

Just…pick one of the existing clans pretty please with Sparks Murphy a cheery on top?

Oh, and I almost put down "Clan Sea Fox" just for this :D

#36 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 03 October 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Yes....

I don't want to give many spoilers, but we will have some time in the Homeworlds, Invasion Corridor, and as far "south" as Davion Space.

#37 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

the bondsman idea seems to have been a bit of a flop with management, so I am looking into other options. Going for a mechwarrior. Trying to understand which clans are available for the game. I made a few concept suggestions to the boss, but I suspect they may be out of bounds, in which case I will have to resubmit... provided the GM doesn't ask me to ****** off. ;)

#38 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Any clan, that isn't dead during the early 3050's, or not already claimed (there is a list in one of my posts), is allowed.

#39 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

And so with GM approval, I will be playing the Clan Goliath Scorpion Seeker for the group. That said, I am now going to go off and contemplate the life of my character and come up with something suitably deep to present you in the bio.

#40 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

I'm officially closing recruitment, with one spot remaining open for Thom if he so choose to take it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users