• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

View PostJaven Aldaris, on 04 October 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

Here ya go...

Posted Image

Best so far,,,,,,,,,,,,,, P.O.W with her in a bunker for a few days would be nice.

#62 Psychonitrous

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGunnison, Colorado

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

This is the best thread ever.

If only we had a thread like this for every troll thread or gauss thread.

#63 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 05 October 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

The population of the Suns - and, by extension, the FedCom - is quite diverse and includes citizens of all races and ethnicities.
More to the point, the Suns does indeed have citizens of Asian descent - the most famous of which being the Allard-Liao family.

(And for the record, the third one is Toshiko Sato, from Torchwood and portrayed by Naoko Mori. :ph34r:)

Which are both Japanese names. yeah, you guys decide to go stereotypical, you no get asians.

#64 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

View Postdal10, on 05 October 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Which are both Japanese names. yeah, you guys decide to go stereotypical, you no get asians.

Ahem...

In 2850, Michael Davion gave a major boost to Buddhism. When worlds with large Asian populations were liberated from the Draconis Combine and the Capellan Confederation, Davion sent Buddhist priests and monks, at his own expense, to reestablish the religion on those planets. The people of these worlds, who had suffered religious persecution under their former rulers, were so deeply moved that they became among the most loyal and devoted Davion subjects.
(source)

While the Davion family itself may be of Anglo-French heritage, the citizenry-at-large comes from a diverse mixture of backgrounds - including those of Asian heritage (some of whom, as noted above, are "among the most loyal and devoted Davion subjects".)

Likewise, haven't at least a few Capellans been quick to point to Pavel Ridzik (among others) and worlds like Poznan (before they joined the Suns) as examples of how not everyone in the Confederation is necessarily of the same Chinese heritage as the Liaos?

#65 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Stop the presses. 1 Davie did something good to long ago to remember. That's like holding the Combine accountable for 1 little slaughter of a planet years ago. Continue to be jealous of how great the DC is compared to you fedrats.

I included a picture of your typical Female Fedrat for you also. Enjoy.

Posted Image

#66 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 05 October 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

While the Davion family itself may be of Anglo-French heritage, the citizenry-at-large comes from a diverse mixture of backgrounds - including those of Asian heritage (some of whom, as noted above, are "among the most loyal and devoted Davion subjects".)
Ah, I thought this exchange of images was meant to be based on ethnical cliches.

Well in that case, I guess everybody can just go ahead and "claim" anyone from the interwebs, for each and every one of the Inner Sphere nations has a citizenry that "comes from a diverse mixture of backgrounds" ... :ph34r:

I am not sure this would be as fun as the original teasing, though, before the thread was bombed with a general "I think this is sexy" list that does not have much to do with the identity of any of Battletech's factions.

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 05 October 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#67 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 05 October 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Ah, I thought this exchange of images was meant to be based on ethnical cliches.

Well in that case, I guess everybody can just go ahead and "claim" anyone from the interwebs, for each and every one of the Inner Sphere nations has a citizenry that "comes from a diverse mixture of backgrounds" ... :lol:

I am not sure this would be as fun as the original teasing, though, before the thread was bombed with a general "I think this is sexy" list that does not have much to do with the identity of any of Battletech's factions.

In the case of my post, I was working more from knowledge of the particular characters (not so much the actresses themselves, but the particular characters they portray).

For example, I highly doubt that any of Samantha Carter, Kaylee Frye, Toshiko Sato, or Holly Marten would (without some form of coercion) prefer to live under Draconian society as opposed to Federation society.
Especially since each of them is relatively well-educated, highly technically-minded, and (most critically, in the case of a Suns vs Combine issue) fiercely independent - a combination of characteristics that would render each of them a hair's-breadth from an "unfortunate accident" in the Combine, while the same combination is far more likely to be promoted, encouraged, and rewarded in the Suns.

That Tosh (and, in reality, Ms. Mori) happens to be ethnically Japanese is largely incidental; the character, as presented in Torchwood, would probably be looking to leave the Combine as quickly as possible if presented knowledge of the faction by way of the sourcebooks (and doubly-so if offered a position at the NAIS; she did manage to essentially replicate The Doctor's sonic screwdriver with Radio Shack level parts, after all :ph34r:).
The same could be said of the other three, as well - especially for Carter and Kaylee, as the Combine would be far too similar to the Goa'uld and/or Followers of Origin for the former's comfort and is so much more oppressive than the 'verse's Alliance that the latter would likewise flee by any means available.

As another example, I suspect that Farscape's Aeryn Sun (prior to meeting John Crichton) would be a much better fit for Combine society (as the character's native society, the Peacekeepers, are already a highly-rigid military dictatorship) than Stargate's Vala Mal Doran (a free-spirited thief and con artist who eventually develops a heart-of-gold; she'd most likely go over to the Lyrans, as that's where the money is), even though both are portrayed by the same actress (namely, Claudia Black).

Edited by Strum Wealh, 05 October 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#68 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Your wall of text is boring. Just like the Fed Suns. Please go away now as you detract from the visual accuity of this post.

Back on topic.

This is House Kurita. Note the lack of wall of text.

Posted Image

This is Fed Suns. Note previous posters wall of text.

Posted Image

You decide which is better. Also of note is how the weight is the same as amount of text used.

#69 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

Kuritan girls FTW...!!!
Posted Image

#70 Bashars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Now on to House Kurita little secret............... 1/2 of their girls are really LadyBoys.... they wont tell you, you have to find out the HARD way.

#71 Loam

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

You want hula hoops, here you go.

http://theinterroban...th-a-hula-hoop/

#72 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 05 October 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

In the case of my post, I was working more from knowledge of the particular characters (not so much the actresses themselves, but the particular characters they portray).
Hai, then I believe you missed the point. :P People were discussing (comparing) appearances (posting sexy pictures) rather than talking about personalities. In fact, the fact that you posted images yourself betrays your purpose! Not to mention that all these characters live in a completely different setting, and if their actresses (whose visual appearances you posted) would portray roles in BattleTech they would obviously be different and unpredictable. In fact, many actresses are known for more than a single role, and it would be somewhat boring if their pictures would show up being "claimed" by multiple factions just because they played multiple characters throughout their television careers, wouldn't it?

Bashars: I believe you mistake us for some small Periphery Nation!

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 14 October 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#73 Darksider

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostGun Bear, on 04 October 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

I know that the propaganda House Kurita spoonfeeds you guys says that in the League a hot tub full of naked chicks looks like this:
Posted Image

But the truth is we have more flavors than you

Great link to Marik women but should just put those pics up instead of the link, represent Marik! B)

#74 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Come on down to the Baccarat Club !!! You WILL have a good time !

Brought to you by the 1st Ghost Yakuza !

:)

Posted Image

#75 AmaZinger

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

BUMP. Glory to Kurita air support!
Posted Image

#76 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

Posted Image

Welcome to House Steiner. The ladies we don't have we can get.

#77 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

Posted Image

nope kurita wins

#78 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

Holy zombie-thread!

#79 Hugo Stiglitzz

Rookie

• The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

I use to pro Steiner until I corrected some of my officers attitudes.

Posted Image

#80 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

Awww look at all you cute little dragons. ^~^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users